collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are you looking forward to Autumn/Spring?  (Read 2427 times)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Are you looking forward to Autumn/Spring?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »
yeah, im sick of the crazy humidity.

Bring on the warm teas!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 10:37:43 AM »
I love spring! Summer is just too hot. But spring is full of new life and promise (how kitsch! But true) and is my favourite season. However we seem to have skipped straight to summer this year.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »
I already posted in this thread, but I had to come back to post this. A while ago someone posted this image on the Arena, I can't remember which thread or who posted it. But it perfectly illustrates how I always feel when summer is finally coming to an end. :mrgreen:

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »
Winter more than fall; I tend to get seasonal affect disorder in the fall (particularly november and late october) so I don't like it very much, but walking in the snow is strangely soothing for me

Plus here the leaves become moldy after they fall (my mother and I both have mold allergies) and turn brown quite quickly, when the rain is cold it has this strange feeling to it that I find a bit slimy, it's not cold enough to be the kind I find comfortable (I'm fine with warm and really cold weather, if it's only slightly cold it bothers me) and makes the inside of my ears hurt, and it's hard to find clothing in colours I like. An now even september, which used to be alright for me has bad memories asociated with it. Strangely winter is more comfortable for me (apart from it being difficult keeping my hand from getting windburnt), plus even if the snow gets all brown and dirty, eventually more of it falls and it looks fine again
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:30:35 PM by Motion-Paradox »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 02:09:54 PM »
I love fall and I am happy some fall weather is starting to show up in my area. I used to love summer but as I have gotten older, the heat has started to affect me more and the pool has lost its charm. I hate the humidity here in Missouri too. It gets pretty harsh. The cool, crisp temperatures in fall and the good food associated with it make it one of my favorite seasons these days.

I am not looking forward to winter, however. :P
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »
I so totally would if my SAD didn't pop up in the fall and winter. Fall used to be my favorite season. But despite all that, I still like some aspects of it. Like stepping on yellow leaves and hearing the crunch. There's something satisfying about that. Almost like popping bubble wrap.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2017, 03:31:13 AM »
The seasons have been super whack this year! We had a fairly mild winter where I live, but we went south for a few weeks and froze our butts off... then came home, and it seemed summer had arrived early, only broken when it rained, and then we FROZE! So Spring this year has been Summer, broken by Spring rain but with winter temps. Tonight, it's raining, so I'm rugged up with hot tea, but yesterday I wore a thin cotton dress, and the day before I nearly passed out from heatstroke when I went for my early morning walk! We're having record-breaking high temps (late 40's - degrees celsius) alternating with freezing rain. Lots of the elderly are getting sick. I put all my winter things away, because it was so hot, so I just pulled out my big thick dressing gown, and I just try not to leave the house when it's really cold, unless I absolutely have to.. haha!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 09:18:27 PM »
I hate summer, so yeah.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Courtz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!
  • Just a struggling artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 08:51:02 AM »
I love Autumn since it’s much cooler than Summer. I can’t stand extreme heat. Even though I always complain about the chill, I do enjoy Winter too.

I just wanna start wearing jeans and hoodies. No more shorts.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2017, 09:59:45 AM »
I like autumn, the colours and such, but my SAD always starts up, so it's a double edged sword.

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2017, 11:40:31 AM »
I already posted in this thread, but I had to come back to post this. A while ago someone posted this image on the Arena, I can't remember which thread or who posted it. But it perfectly illustrates how I always feel when summer is finally coming to an end. :mrgreen:

Haha love it!

Autumn is my favorite season.  My birthday is in October, and Halloween is my favorite holiday.  I love the color of the changing leaves, crisp air, Indian Summer, harvest, crunch of falling leaves...just, YES!  I do enjoy Christmas but Winter is my 3rd favorite season, with summer in 2nd, and spring dead last...so much moisture, and mud (and that little devil, daylight savings time).  I do have a bit of SAD that exasperates my MD but I have a mood light that helps.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »
It;s officially Autumn now here.

I hate autumn. Anyone who loves Autumn really needs more experience of a british November. I also go into mental hibernation when the clocks go back at the end of october. The colours right now are nice and London is warmer in general, but when November comes...brr.

November and January are my two most hated months. If it were crisp and cold, fine, but all the grey , rain and damp is not...nice...

Spring on the other hand, though a long way away, is my favourite season. Though next spring wil take some beating after spending the first half of last spring in Kyoto. And in fact, Japan is colourful even in the Winter...

Summer in the UK is a bit of a running joke, though we get occasional hot patchs we don't get mad long months of heat so I can deal with UK summer, usually. And I prefer it in general to what autumn turns into, even though the leaves in Sept/Oct are pretty.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 05:37:04 PM »
I was in England and France last year for Autumn, and I loved it! So pretty with all the fall colours. At home we don't have many plants that turn gradually, they either just drop everything quickly, or they don't change at all! Spring is beautiful here though - Jacarandas. They're like the Australian version of cherry blossoms, it's like purple clouds, and then they fall like a purple blanket over everything. So pretty, I adore them. I'd love to see Japan though, it's on my list!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 02:17:39 PM »
Fall all the way because the weather starts to cool down. My birthday is in September and Halloween is my favorite holiday. So extra wins to the season plus all the lovely fall colors. And dressing in warmer clothing.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 02:27:56 PM »
I was in England and France last year for Autumn, and I loved it! So pretty with all the fall colours. At home we don't have many plants that turn gradually, they either just drop everything quickly, or they don't change at all! Spring is beautiful here though - Jacarandas. They're like the Australian version of cherry blossoms, it's like purple clouds, and then they fall like a purple blanket over everything. So pretty, I adore them. I'd love to see Japan though, it's on my list!

..That must have been October. Not November! November ruins any sense of autumn spirit for me. Aside bonfire night, where we burn effigies and send up fireworks, (and my sister's birthday, according to her), November is an entirely horrible month.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal