collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay seller sends unsolicited campaign advertising.  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Ebay seller sends unsolicited campaign advertising.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 01:41:52 AM »
Brilliant! Maybe post slogans as their feedback.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 01:09:15 PM »

Actually THAT is brilliant! 

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 04:14:01 AM »

:snicker:  it would be deserving..  and tempting!! 
- but we don't  want Libelle to get into trouble  for going against ebays policies instead of the seller who sent the political stuff in the first place  ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline silverdawn

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2017, 03:05:48 PM »
So strange to me!  When I send out my packages I like to decorate them with stickers.  Lately I've been using this awesome mixed Lisa Frank sticker book, but one whole section is full of peace stickers... now I know that may not seem inflamatory, but what if I'm sending a package to Israel, the Mid East, or South Korea (which I've all shipped to).  Or heck, even the wrong American who thinks me putting a peace sticker on a package means I support one political party or another?  Frig, I'm all worried about offending someone with a peace sticker...

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2017, 03:36:12 PM »
Send the Peace stickers. We all need more peace.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2017, 06:02:23 PM »
I've gotten my fair share of unsolicited weirdness from sellers over the years.  I've even gotten a few Chick Tracts, and anyone who's seen those knows *exactly* what I'm talking about.  I'm of the opinion that it's very poor form to do that, but it's a free country as they say.  They have just as much right to their opinions as I have to mine.  I may not agree with their beliefs, they have a right to them.  They may have chosen a totally inappropriate way to express their opinions, but if I don't like it,  I'm free to just throw it out.   Heck, I'm free to set it on fire and dance around it as it burns if I want.  They sent it to me, I can do what I like with it!

I'd never put anything like that in anything I sent out, and I think it's poor judgement on any seller's part who does that to me, but I'm not going to ding their feedback over that. 

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »
I can't speak to any of the asian/african/middle eastern cultures, but for european and north american / US folk, I can't see peace stickers going awry.  There's also the concept of intent, not just content.  Propaganda material is pretty far off from decorative stickers, even if they had similar themes.

I'd never heard of Chick Tracts, had to goggle that one!

I always find it funny when the evangelists show up at the door.  I derive much enjoyment out of loudly proclaiming "oh delightful!  The fire starter people are here.  We were close to running out." And yes, we do use their lovely propaganda booklets in our stove.  They burn great. :P
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2017, 06:43:48 PM »
Goodness, Chick Tracts would get you arrested here!

Thank you SquarePeg!

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2017, 07:09:33 PM »
Negative feedback because you don't like the seller's political views? Seems harsh.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2017, 07:45:15 PM »

o_o really?  I mean I didn't investigate them too closely; are they more than just religious themed cartoon strips?

Negative feedback because you don't like the seller's political views? Seems harsh.

Did you read the OP's post fully?  Their shipping was delayed so the seller could time their delivery with an election, and there's a difference between having a 'X' view and shoving it down other people's throats.  Nobody is complaining because of a mere difference of opinion.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:47:27 PM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 07:50:39 PM »
Well, it's not negative feedback because they don't agree with the seller's views, it's because they tried to push them onto the buyer in an inappropriate way. A seller has no business in a buyers political views. ETA: Also, they purposely delayed shipping to do so!

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 09:01:40 PM »

o_o really?  I mean I didn't investigate them too closely; are they more than just religious themed cartoon strips?
Sorry, I was joking!

Thank you SquarePeg!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 09:08:01 PM »

Sorry, I was joking!

Oh, okay.  :blush:  Don't mind me then!

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 09:53:42 PM »
It sounds like the pamphlets they sent you violates their offensive materials policy if I'm understanding your hint correctly. If they can't list it on the site to sell then they should not be allowed to include it in your package.

I would probably leave a neutral or ding stars for the shipping delay but follow up by contacting ebay regarding the unsolicited materials you received.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 05:45:10 AM »
So strange to me!  When I send out my packages I like to decorate them with stickers.  Lately I've been using this awesome mixed Lisa Frank sticker book, but one whole section is full of peace stickers... now I know that may not seem inflamatory, but what if I'm sending a package to Israel, the Mid East, or South Korea (which I've all shipped to).  Or heck, even the wrong American who thinks me putting a peace sticker on a package means I support one political party or another?  Frig, I'm all worried about offending someone with a peace sticker...

don't worry about the stickers - they aren't anything offensive :hug:  If you think you might be sending a parcel to someone in a country that wouldn't appreciate the peace sign sticker then use a different one for those? honestly I think it's nice to send stickers or little things like that, it's not like sending offensive material ,political or religious stuff, or propaganda.
The situation the OP was in is very different  ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal