collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Will FiM Ever Have an Analogue for Twice as Fancy Ponies  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Will FiM Ever Have an Analogue for Twice as Fancy Ponies
« on: September 26, 2017, 02:47:45 AM »
And I'm not talking about ponies stricken with the Cutie Pox or using Rainbow Magic.

Friendship is Magic has had types of ponies that seem to be throw backs to gimmicks of G1.  Many have associated the Crystal ponies with the Twinkle Eyed ponies.  Rainbow Dash and her father have colorful manes and tails like the Rainbow ponies.  However, would the motif symbols of the Twice as Fancies appear as a lifelong trait in some corner of Equestria?

In G1, symbols were just a "creative" take on the Appaloosa pattern, so ponies covered in them didn't mean much (it even has a basis in reality in the form of a lesser type of melanism).  Given how important cutie marks are in Friendship is Magic, I do wonder if we'll ever see ponies who are completely covered by theirs.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:15:02 AM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Will FiM Ever Have an Analogue for Twice as Fancy Ponies
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:15:24 AM »
We've kiiiind of seen some TAF-ish ones in that one toy set (only on one side of their body, of course--COME ON, HASBRO).  Now that Hasbro has shown willingness to put a GIANT MURAL on the side of a pony, maybe they will be less skimpy about their paint and do some "true" TAF toys?  I'd love that.

As far as whether they will turn up in the show, it will just depend on Hasbro; as far as I can tell they just give the show people a list of ponies / playsets to work in.  Like the Rainbow Power ponies or the train.

I hope they give Twinkle Eyes another go, they're one of my favorite G1 sets.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 09:58:59 AM »
Well there's the Cutie Mark Magic ones too. I fail to see how the Twinkle Eyes could be even remotely related to Crystal Ponies. Considering their eyes are essentially magical replacements to help them see, akin to Mad Eye Moody's.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:01:51 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:04:58 AM »
Maybe  some think G4  Crystal Ponies are based on Twinkle Eyes because they sparkle and Sombra forced them to do his bidding against their wil much like the Jewel Wizard forcing the Twinkle Eyes to work the mine? I never thought of them being related to each other though.

Seeing Twice as Fancy ponies in FIM would be neat. Maybe they would be a new breed of ponies that live in a remote area of Equestria but there are legends based on them that the ponies know.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »
We've kiiiind of seen some TAF-ish ones in that one toy set (only on one side of their body, of course--COME ON, HASBRO).  Now that Hasbro has shown willingness to put a GIANT MURAL on the side of a pony, maybe they will be less skimpy about their paint and do some "true" TAF toys?  I'd love that.

As far as whether they will turn up in the show, it will just depend on Hasbro; as far as I can tell they just give the show people a list of ponies / playsets to work in.  Like the Rainbow Power ponies or the train.

I hope they give Twinkle Eyes another go, they're one of my favorite G1 sets.

I like to call those and the G3 ones HAFS. For Half as Fancies that is. :snicker:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:22:14 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 02:21:43 PM »
I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but I did wonder if I'd ever find a way to incorporate Twice as Fancy ponies in my fanseries, since it takes things from all generations, despite being a G4 "sequel".

So yeah, thanks for reawakening that thought, Al.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 03:45:23 PM »
For now the 'all about' ponies are the closest thing but who knows what the future holds!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline BabyIceCrystal

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Active collector since 1983
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 03:57:17 PM »
Things that seem unlikely now might become commonplace in the future. When I was a kid I argued with a classmate who'd brought in Dancing Butterflies for show and tell. I was quite the pony expert don't-you-know, and I knew for certain that the toy she had brought in was NOT a real My Little Pony because real My Little Ponies only had their symbols on their butts and I'd never seen one in that pose before. Now there's a thread about if this mainstay pony feature will make it into the current generation.

Want List

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 02:22:19 AM »
Again, to be clear, I'm not talking about anything temporary.  I'm talking about a pony who gets their cutie mark and is covered by it for life.

Though, since all they put out is Mane 6 (I don't think we ever got non-Mane 6 crystal ponies), Cutie Mark Magic is probably the closest they'll come.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 04:28:33 AM »
Unfortunately, the only thing I can think of is that there could be a tribe of ponies who honor their cutie mark once they get it, by painting or tattooing it all over their bodies - I only say unfortunately, because this doesn't appear to be what you want.  You want them to naturally gain cutie marks all over their bodies, don't you?

There could be some kind of race of ponies who do have their cutie marks like this, but I don't how they could explain it.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 04:49:59 AM »
Sadly CMM and Rainbow Power seems to be the closest we are going to get to TAF ponies... and I only say this because Hasbro refuses to do marks on both sides of the pony (with the recent exception to the "All About" line that is currently out... which does NOT count as TAF)

I never linked the crystal ponies to TE ponies myself... unless you consider their first attempt at them with the toys and only paining the eyes to look kind of like crystals in G4... meh
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 11:08:03 AM »
I don't think we ever got non-Mane 6 crystal ponies

Starlight Glimmer, Coloratura, Cherry Berry, Pretzel, Meadow Flower, Sea Swirl, Sapphire Joy, and Nurse Redheart.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »
There could be some kind of race of ponies who do have their cutie marks like this, but I don't how they could explain it.

I think "in this town, ponies get cutie marks all over their bodies" would suffice.  I mean, that doesn't seem that "out there" to me.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »
I don't think we ever got non-Mane 6 crystal ponies

Starlight Glimmer, Coloratura, Cherry Berry, Pretzel, Meadow Flower, Sea Swirl, Sapphire Joy, and Nurse Redheart.
None of them native to the Empire.  Marg.

I was just sitting here thinking of how to fit the TAF ponies into Equestria.  And then rip them away from it to form the world of G1.  Maybe there's some settlement that became Twice as Fancy as an immune response to cutie pox.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal