collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Italian Nirvana \"Unicorno\"?  (Read 1041 times)

Offline AnWren

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • Ren - 18 - he/him - I collect G3's (not a brony)
    • View Profile
Italian Nirvana \"Unicorno\"?
« on: September 24, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »
I'm hoping someone with some knowledge on G1 and nirvana ponies can help me just understand some things.. I know next to nothing about G1 ponies as I'm mostly a G3 collector, but I've been considering adding maybe one of each other gen to my collection to change things up and maybe to see if I'll gain an interest in other gens?
Anyway, I was going through eBay and seeing what was available and I came across an Italian pony called Unicorno aka Italian Majesty. Now I have no interest in buying this but it was priced up around 300usd and about 400aud, I know this is a nirvana pony but is this really what an accurate price for these kinds of ponies is? :huh: I knew G1 in general were more expensive, especially nirvana, but I can't even wrap my head around paying that much for a pony.
Maybe because I'm just used to cheap G3's haha
If anyone can help me understand what a fair price is in regards to G1 ponies I'd greatly appreciate it
(Sorry I don't have pictures of it)

Post Merge: September 24, 2017, 08:21:56 AM

Another thing since I realised this might affect price- this pony was not in any original packaging but did seem to be in quite good condition
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:21:56 AM by AnWren »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Italian Nirvana \"Unicorno\"?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 09:41:14 AM »
IIRC "Re Unicorno" (which translates into King Unicorn) was a hybrid of Twilight's symbol with Majesty's body / hair colors.  I don't know if that price is accurate, but I do know he's very rare.

If you're just looking for a similar looking pony in those colors, try searching for a regular Majesty.  Her symbol is slightly different but she is the same colors. :)

If you're asking about the AVERAGE price of the AVERAGE G1 pony, Re Unicorno is definitely an exception!  In general G1 ponies are very cheap.  There are tons under $10, and even some under $5 which is really cheaper than they were in the 80s, when you account for inflation.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 10:09:30 AM »
Conditon, scarcity and demand dictate G1 prices, as they do most everything else in a free market.
The Re Unicorno you describe is a trifecta in that regard - rare, desirable and free of flaws translates into expensive.  There are G1's that fetch four digit prices, but they're far, far from the average.   
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a better question for the corral? Are you asking mostly about regular release G1 ponies? I'm guessing it's a fact finding mission :)

Standard release G1, loose ponies can go for between $0.50 and $600 or more. The price depends on the pony, its condition and its desirability. For example a common, easy to find G1 pony, Peachy for example, in poor condition can go for $0.50, in nice condition her top price might be $6. If you have a sort after, hard to find and popular mail order pony, such as Rapunzel, in pristine condition she can easily fetch $600.

Many thing have an affect on pony prices. If you get a number of people liquidating their collection it can decrease prices, if a sudden supply opens up it can decrease prices. If demand out reaches supply this will push the price up. Fashion is a factor too, the popularity of The OC sent Princess Amethyst's through the roof a number of years ago :)

You also have to bare in mind where you buy can affect the price you pay. I have noticed that there is quite a difference prices between eBay, Facebook and Instagram. Don't forget you can find ponies in second hand shops and boots sales or flea markets. You can get lucky and pay pennies or find they are way over priced. Bidding wars and other things can also mean you can pay over the odds.

Now, nirvana ponies, what I said above can be applied exactly to nirvana ponies and you can expect to pay anything between $0.50 and $10,000 for a loose pony. Yes, you read the right, $10,000 :faint: Prices depend on the pony, its condition and desirability ^.^

I've said all that, but there are plenty of G1 ponies that can be bought, in nice condition for under $10 and there are a fair few nirvana ponies that can easily be bought in nice condition for easily $20 :)

Just because it's G1 or nirvana doesn't always mean it's expensive ;)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal