collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Late but still bothers me. (Dishonest Ebay seller)  (Read 981 times)

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Late but still bothers me. (Dishonest Ebay seller)
« on: September 23, 2017, 11:44:11 AM »
Hello,

It was in April this year that I saw a "MiB" Dainty Dove English language, So "My Little Pony" and the rest was all written in English. On the picture the box looked super clean, unopened, no dents, tears or anything. Just perfect. I did question the price a little in my mind as it was listed for 29,90 euro and the shipping was also 29,90 euro. Which I know for sure isn't the case. I waited a couple of weeks and saw that it had merely 1 watcher plus me. Which surprised me because I've seen other Dainty Dove MiB which went over a 120 dollars. So sceptical but curious I contacted the seller, asking if the box was indeed unopened/sealed and undamaged. He told me it was unopened and new. I also asked him why the shipping cost was that high. I know for a fact that it should be around 11 - 15 euro max. But it was 29,90. He told me he could make it 19,90 euro...

So eventually I agreed to buy it. Since I expected him to have awnsered my questions honestly. But once it arrived, I noticed the box was not at all undamaged. In fact, the seal was broken and the box had been opened There was even new tape taped over where the old tape had been. It had been poorly stored cause the flap which closes the box was torn. So when you put the box on it's side you see a black gapping hole. So since it was already open, I looked inside. I didn't take anything out but just looked. Inside the box I could see the chapel and some other things wrapped in plastic as unopened. But I was highly dissapointed with this buy since I expected the seller to be honest.

So I contacted the seller and telling him it was not a MiB item at all. The box was opened and damaged. He then confessed that he opened it to look inside. I was so mad. I then asked for a 10 euro refund. Which he immidiatly did. No awsner whatsoever. So...case closed in Ebay/Paypal policy. But once I received my 10 euro refund I just noticed something which didn't even caught my attention at first due to the big dissapointment over it not being a MiB as he originally promised (even after asking). So I look at the box and what does it say? "Mi Pequeño Pony - La Boda de Pony Romantica". I was stunned. First because, how did I not notice this? And second, how did he dare to misrepresent the item like this? He has tons of good feedback on Ebay, only 1 negative as I just noticed.

I was going to post the listing below but I noticed the picture is not longer available so I took a screenshot of the listing (picture) from my inbox:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sorry very blurry quality due to zooming in with Windows but you can clearly see "My Little Pony" and not the Spanish equivalen:

As you see the box looked nice and it was an English box, not Spanish. My questions were clear has it been opened? Is it still sealed? It it new?

This was the box I eventually got:

Am I overreacting?  :enraged:

The seller's name is: retropazzia22

I am pretty sure he/she has sold ponies to you all as well.

But this is a typical case of "If it's too good to be true, then it usually is" (or however you write it).

PS: This came all back to me when I was browsing for MiB/MoC G2 today. I came across a Secret Tale MoC and the seller's name rang a bell. It always bothered me as I didn't take any action apart from a small refund. I felt like I should put it out here. Not saying the seller is bad. But in this case it fels like he/she just wanted to get rid of the item fast.
My wish list: Click here!.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Late but still bothers me. (Dishonest Ebay seller)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 12:21:23 PM »
Oh goodness what an annoyance  when the seller can't use their OWN pictures.  Or open a MIB !  The instant small refund in order to close the case just as quickly totally makes sense from the seller if they were already okay with opening a MIB and still selling it as otherwise... Annoying!

But what a sneaky Spanish G2 pony!  She REALLY wanted to come live with you :)  Do you already have this version?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:23:07 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 12:52:17 PM »
Oh goodness what an annoyance  when the seller can't use their OWN pictures.  Or open a MIB !  The instant small refund in order to close the case just as quickly totally makes sense from the seller if they were already okay with opening a MIB and still selling it as otherwise... Annoying!

But what a sneaky Spanish G2 pony!  She REALLY wanted to come live with you :)  Do you already have this version?

Yeah, I just don't get it... Is that even allowed to use another person's or already exsisting pictures? I thoguth you needed to have the pictures of the actual item not a similar one.

And no, I didn't have a Spanish Dainty Dove yet. I just have my childhood (Dutch/English?) one which is not MiB ofcourse. I collect G2 but only MiB because they give me that childhood feeling. it's just sad. I hope to own a MiB Dainty Dove one day, also looking for Light Heart with Canopy bed but they are expensive MiB :(
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 03:33:24 AM »
How disappointing :(  he used someone else's picture, did not tell the truth about condition or version and even opened it himself, but he is not a new seller *sigh*
Thank you for letting us know :hug: .
 It is a lovely set to own (I have the English version, but it is open and has been in my display for years ) but the set you got was not what you were expecting .
Ebay does allow stock pictures to be used now ( I wish that they did not! ), however, the picture in the listing that you bought is not a stock picture, it belongs to someone else  ( or even if it does belong to that seller, it is not the item that was sent to you) . That is still not allowed and can be reported to ebay :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal