collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Unicorns!!

Gusty
20 (22.7%)
Moondancer
18 (20.5%)
Skyflier
3 (3.4%)
Sparkler
5 (5.7%)
Glory
16 (18.2%)
Twilight
4 (4.5%)
Powder
10 (11.4%)
Sunbeam
4 (4.5%)
Majesty
8 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Author Topic: Who's your favorite from the G1 Unicorn Sets?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Leave a WhisperTopic starter

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
Who's your favorite from the G1 Unicorn Sets?
« on: September 23, 2017, 03:41:24 PM »
There's so many favorites and classics its hard to tell who'd come out on top. Let the voting begin! :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
Re: Who's your favorite from the G1 Unicorn Sets?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 04:24:25 PM »
Wow, all of these are such classic G1 ponies! It was hard to decide, but I eventually picked Moondancer because she has such a pretty color scheme and she is so fun to draw.
"What does a winner do when life gives him lemons? He squeezes them right back into lifes EYES!" -Nicole Watterson

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dazzle Surprise
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 04:44:33 PM »
Powder was always my favorite growing up with gusty a close second
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Wishlist here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 05:00:12 PM »
Any guesses based on my avatar and sig? :) :) I had to go with Twilight followed by Moondancer and Gusty.   I always wanted an adult Gusty to go with my Baby Gusty but never got her.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank you Bowtie for my avatar SDS for my sig.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • MOC Mimic
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
Gusty. It was a toss up between her and Majesty, as I had them both as a child. I know I had Sparkler too but she just doesn't stick in my memory as much.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 05:11:52 PM »
My vote was Glory. I love most all of the ponies in that list, more for the fact they were mythical characters in my childhood, but I really really wanted Glory. My Mum hunted in vain for years for her for me when I was a child. We didn't know she wasn't sold here. I was totally in love with Glory and Medley. I guess that decided it for me overall.

My Glory hunt actually had a happy ending. I still don't know how or why, but I found both Glory and Moondancer at a carboot sale in the UK once in the late nineties. It's the only time in ten years of carbooting that I found them, logically because they weren't in the UK. Neither had tails, but I didn't care. Mum made them woollen tails for me, and then when I got to be online, I traded for replacements. I feel like that find was Glory *finally* answering my childhood wish to have her in my herd ;) So my Glory is super special even though she's obviously had a long and loved life. I would love to know the story of how she came to be here. Was she a gift from an overseas relative? A holiday souvenir? A migrant moving across the atlantic with her owner and family? Unfortunately I can only guess, but she's not going anywhere now.

My Glory :) Still keeping all her secrets, even though she's now been with me for probably about twenty years.

My mind always used to boggle when I'd hear of US people finding lots of Glory and company on the second hand market. I think maybe their rarity here, much as I resent Hasbro's decision, makes them a little more special somehow? I dunno, but Glory's a rare and beautiful treasure in these parts ;)

Powder would probably be the second one I might have voted for, I loved her a lot too as a child because she appeared in the winter time in the comic and I was a winter baby...but I guess only Medley can really compete with Glory, and she's not in the vote ;)

Thanks to Nence for Wistful Taffeta!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login|You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Leave a WhisperTopic starter

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 06:07:05 PM »
Gusty got my vote. Though Twilight and Moondancer are very close seconds.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online glitterball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »
I love Gusty - but the others are classic beauties, too  :) it was hard to choose, really!
:glitter: :glitter: visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 :glitter:

Online Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 07:51:30 PM »
Choices, choices.  I like so many of these.

However, I would have to go with Glory.  I love the look of a white pony with a dark primary mane color and a bright highlight.  Moondancer and Gusty have a similar aesthetic, but it stands out more for Glory.
A pony fan novel You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is looking for feedback and proofreading. A group of ponies awaken on a strange planet where they face its most dangerous species and learn the secrets behind one of its greatest legends.  STORY COMPLETE!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • My Customs
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 08:27:41 PM »
My mind always used to boggle when I'd hear of US people finding lots of Glory and company on the second hand market. I think maybe their rarity here, much as I resent Hasbro's decision, makes them a little more special somehow? I dunno, but Glory's a rare and beautiful treasure in these parts ;)

I think its the grass is always greener. Im sure their maybe alot of Kisscurls in Europe but I don't see her as much on my side of the pond.

I love Sparkler or Sunbeam. For Sparkler the diamond pattern is neat. Her colors are very appealing to me. I dont mind Glory because she has purple hair and I like white colored ponies. Sunbeam may not have the greatest pose but I love how it reminds me of a sunny day with a blue sky. I think they should of put her in Sparkler's pose.
Want list:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For Trade 7/2/17 : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 09:05:51 PM »
Haha, it is true...in the past when carbooting you would probably see ten or twelve Kisscurls over the summer. Though I bet Hasbro didn't write stories about her over there to make you love her, and tgen not put her on shelves.
Thanks to Nence for Wistful Taffeta!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login|You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Unable to buy, sell, or trade
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 09:15:35 PM »
A tough decision, I'll go with Sparkler!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login|You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login|You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • My Customs
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 09:16:42 PM »
Haha, it is true...in the past when carbooting you would probably see ten or twelve Kisscurls over the summer. Though I bet Hasbro didn't write stories about her over there to make you love her, and tgen not put her on shelves.

I see her rarely in my neck of the woods but that doesn't mean I wont see her again. lol
Want list:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For Trade 7/2/17 : You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 10:22:43 PM »
Gusty, of course! <3

Online Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 11:48:20 PM »
That's a lot of Gusty.
A pony fan novel You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is looking for feedback and proofreading. A group of ponies awaken on a strange planet where they face its most dangerous species and learn the secrets behind one of its greatest legends.  STORY COMPLETE!