collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New G1 Accessory Identification Website - Newly Launched!  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New G1 Accessory Identification Website - Launched Today!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »
This looks great, Chrissytree - I have saved to my fav, regular pony sites to explore further ;)

I have some nice petite images, too, that I could probably help you out with. Probably easiest if I send them through fb, maybe (rather than load everything up onto ruddy flickr!).  Let me know if you're keen.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:32:02 PM by Marlin »

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »
Oh, I like it!  I will need to spend more time on there!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 02:13:56 PM »
This looks great, Chrissytree - I have saved to my fav, regular pony sites to explore further ;)

I have some nice petite images, too, that I could probably help you out with. Probably easiest if I send them through fb, maybe (rather than load everything up onto ruddy flickr!).  Let me know if you're keen.

Absolutely :) Here's the Facebook Group link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/171671343390425/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 02:28:22 PM »
With your permission I'll be adding a link to this next time I have a moment to play with the Scrapbook as I totally support this project 100%. Also, I learned something already. I have only looked at it a little bit but I didn't know Strawberry Fair's UK comb is different in shade from the US one. And if I didn't give you the MOC Tic Tac Toe images yet, remind me to? I'm really braindead at this time of the year :/ I know I had a close up of her comb etc somewhere but didn't find it, haven't had a chance though to compare whether the German and the UK ones have the same shade of comb (and now after Strawberry Fair I am curious to do so!)

Also! I have a duplicate of Melody's yellow 7 character comb in my trade stuff, which means I do have a photo of it, although I think it might not be a great one...in any case, I don't know how much more you have to add that you haven't yet added, but just in case. I have all of the regular 7 character combs in my accessory box as we had them all from new between us. I don't know if you need any of them but I actually think I have a photograph...

I know there are also a ton of MIP images I have to find for you >.>. I absolutely think the more sites with more detailed information about accessories is 100% necessary for our community going forward, and I'm really impressed with the level of detail regarding shades and stuff.

Edit to add: I may send you a PM, but I have Starlight's hairdo comb as well, and I am pretty sure I have a photo in my files. Also, I have that comb because it was a comic free gift, the other two I had with the ponies from new, so you can add that that one also came with the comic (probably Bangles' did as well).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »
With your permission I'll be adding a link to this next time I have a moment to play with the Scrapbook as I totally support this project 100%. Also, I learned something already. I have only looked at it a little bit but I didn't know Strawberry Fair's UK comb is different in shade from the US one. And if I didn't give you the MOC Tic Tac Toe images yet, remind me to? I'm really braindead at this time of the year :/ I know I had a close up of her comb etc somewhere but didn't find it, haven't had a chance though to compare whether the German and the UK ones have the same shade of comb (and now after Strawberry Fair I am curious to do so!)

Also! I have a duplicate of Melody's yellow 7 character comb in my trade stuff, which means I do have a photo of it, although I think it might not be a great one...in any case, I don't know how much more you have to add that you haven't yet added, but just in case. I have all of the regular 7 character combs in my accessory box as we had them all from new between us. I don't know if you need any of them but I actually think I have a photograph...

I know there are also a ton of MIP images I have to find for you >.>. I absolutely think the more sites with more detailed information about accessories is 100% necessary for our community going forward, and I'm really impressed with the level of detail regarding shades and stuff.

Edit to add: I may send you a PM, but I have Starlight's hairdo comb as well, and I am pretty sure I have a photo in my files. Also, I have that comb because it was a comic free gift, the other two I had with the ponies from new, so you can add that that one also came with the comic (probably Bangles' did as well).

Of course you can link to it :) I'm hoping to get a button sorted to advertise it but since I have no drawing skills I'll have to think laterally.

Sugarberry / Strawberry Fayre appears to be a variation - I've seen a few with that shade but I'm not entirely sure it's not a trick of the light - Ideally I'd be looking for someone with the darker version to confirm or with both they can photograph together. There are also US release ones that match the UK one, I ought to clarify that.

I do still have a few images to add but there aren't many more. You did send the Tic-Tac-Toe ones I've just added the comb OR the ribbon... but not both yet, I'm easily confused. I don't have any more 7 Character pony ones to add so any you can send would be brilliant.

Thanks Marlin - I've received and added your photos :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 03:49:27 PM »
I have just finished referencing my very annoying academic paper on angry Japanese warrior people, so I'll now go looking for 7 Character comb images for you...

I am also fascinated that your site pretty much confirms that my Honeycomb has a weird brush. It looked weird but it's also the only MOC Honeycomb I have ever seen in real life, so I assumed it must be image related.

Obviously she is on Snowflake's card, so meh to logic about releases. I got her from a seller in the Uk and I also got either Snowflake or year 3 Cherries Jubilee from the same seller.

I am not totally sure if Honeycomb was or wasn't in Scandinavia, I remember having this conversation with someone but genuinely don't know. Pretty sure Gypsy wasn't but that doesn't much help.

In any case, that's her provenance in case it helps. I need to see more Honeycombs now to find out how common that variation is.

Interesting too about Strawberry Fair. Maybe the later US batches? I don't know of any other Strawberry Fairs on UK card than mine but maybe you do...that would be a really interesting study.

Combs :D Dunno if the wood background is an issue for you though :/ The files are large, site just resizes them.

I will let you work out why the two Starlight mirror combs are slightly different shades o.O.

Edit to add: I noticed you're also missing Misty the Watercolor's ribbon. This is also in my comb pictures and it's 100% accurate as I bought the pony MOC and she fell off her card in transit. I've kept her comb and ribbon together ever since. It's in the top corner of this image:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:03:48 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »
This is wonderful!!!!! What work you put in there! Thank you sooooooooo much!!!!!!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »
Looks great! I admire your hard work! And so happy to see my ribbon post from 2013 living on :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 12:01:39 AM »
Hooray! You spend so long photographing everything, hope you found all the bits you thought you had and couldn't find!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 01:35:13 AM »
Exciting! Your site looks awesome :lovey: So much hard work you've put into it. Have saved it to my faves and will definitely be using it regularly. Thank you :)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 02:04:21 AM »
Thanks so much for your hard work! Saved to favourites!!

Jules x

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 03:34:01 AM »
Looks great! I admire your hard work! And so happy to see my ribbon post from 2013 living on :)

Absolutely :) Thanks so much for sharing - looks like I copied all the images weeks before they disappeared from Photobucket! I'm happy to be able to keep it available.

Thanks Taffeta - I'll add those today. Er... the colour variation. I wasn't aware there was one but since one was from the comic they might have been a slightly different shade? That's the only time I've seen Honeycomb's brush that shade and it's certainly not Snowflakes, which is blue. I've recorded images of Hopscotch and Snowflake on card with Posey, Lickety Split and Bow Tie on the front as well the the version with Gypsy, Honeycomb and Snowflake but only the latter for Honeycomb and Gypsy. not sure if that tells you anything

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2017, 05:27:16 AM »

Thanks Taffeta - I'll add those today. Er... the colour variation. I wasn't aware there was one but since one was from the comic they might have been a slightly different shade?
So to make it more annoying, Starlight was the only one of those three we didn't have from new. But sister and I both had the comic by that time. I don't know whose is whose, not after this much time, but both those combs must have come from the comic - we had one each. I had Bangles from new and then bought Beautiful Bows direct from Hasbro when I corresponded with them in 1994 so I know those combs are definitely to the ponies, but the other two I am sure are comic related. I am going to assume it is something more in the line of Strawberry Fair and minor batch differences?

That's the only time I've seen Honeycomb's brush that shade and it's certainly not Snowflakes, which is blue.
Agreed. I have Snowflake on the same card (I mean the exact same card) and her brush and ribbon are normal. I also remember for some reason from when I was a kid that my Snowflake had a blue bird brush, I think because it was my only bird brush, so that's definitely out. Looking at your images it looks closer to Hippety Hop but it is still paler in colour. I really need to see a proper MOC Honeycomb in person to know how different they are. Wind Whistler is also a closeish match, I think, but I think WW's is still a shade darker?

My brush and comb collection suggest I have a few pale purple bird brushes but haven't thought to compare them to my confirmed WW brush and this Honeycomb's brush...maybe at Christmas I will do that. I'll also try and find the other MIP ponies on the list you sent me as I can see some gaps I can definitely help you fill, and I need to get them all out at some point anyway. I like to do it occasionally to make sure they are all all right, so it will be a good excuse to properly catalogue what I have.

I've recorded images of Hopscotch and Snowflake on card with Posey, Lickety Split and Bow Tie on the front as well the the version with Gypsy, Honeycomb and Snowflake but only the latter for Honeycomb and Gypsy. not sure if that tells you anything

Yeah, I've seen the same thing. Also the Bow Tie on German card with no pony names on, (her brush and ribbon appear normal to me, lavender butterfly and white ribbon). That card has the art for Gypsy but not Bow Tie. I have a strong feeling Honeycomb and Gypsy are both UK exclusives but don't quote me on that. I am certain about Gypsy, but not sure of Honeycomb.

Unfortunately I can't see what is on Honeyflake (I call her that)'s sticker, because the image is concealed...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 05:31:59 AM »
Thanks for all the lovely comments :)

Ponyfan - Your pic is added :)

I'm glad I could help. :) I also have some pics of the Twinkle Treats Ice Cream Shop and Mane Delights bases. 

Twinkle Treats

Mane Delights

Feel free to use them also :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 07:22:18 AM »
Thank you this will make sorting out small parts so much easier.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal