collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Luxury Designer G1 stuff! Moschino  (Read 6732 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Luxury Designer G1 stuff! Moschino
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »
If there's one good thing about this, at least they're using some ponies you don't see very often on retro merchandise. But... it doesn't matter very much when most people can't afford it.

Of course there is always this $17 shirt at Forever21
https://www.forever21.com/us/shop/Catalog/Product/F21/top_blouses_b/2000093502/01?gclid=CjwKCAjw6ZLOBRALEiwAxzyCW7WTu0AEurCMhfxoxchg5qIEYPoj14t1u_-ufnM92q1HfJwFM-bWahoCQsUQAvD_BwE

I don't think it looks any better or worse than some of the tshirts by Moschino
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Better for sure, it actually says My Little Pony instead of replacing it with their brand name!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
Of course there is always this $17 shirt at Forever21
https://www.forever21.com/us/shop/Catalog/Product/F21/top_blouses_b/2000093502/01?gclid=CjwKCAjw6ZLOBRALEiwAxzyCW7WTu0AEurCMhfxoxchg5qIEYPoj14t1u_-ufnM92q1HfJwFM-bWahoCQsUQAvD_BwE

I agree, that one looks just as good at the Moschino one.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 10:47:37 AM »
Look, when you eclipse the cost of leasing a 2016 Camaro. Which is what if I had the money would spend it on. That falls into the "holy horse shoes" nope buying category. Seconding Loungefly, I have a wallet and shoulder bag from them. Expensive but both have held up for  two and six years respectfully.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 10:54:43 AM »
Look, when you eclipse the cost of leasing a 2016 Camaro. Which is what if I had the money would spend it on. That falls into the "holy horse shoes" nope buying category. Seconding Loungefly, I have a wallet and shoulder bag from them. Expensive but both have held up for  two and six years respectfully.

Yeah the Loungefly stuff is what I'd consider reasonably expensive- just maybe $20 or so more than what is reasonable-  a tiny bit of a rip off sure, but so cute...

But a $2,000 MLP bag that is about the same level of cuteness? Na.

Suddenly I feel like letting myself get a Loungefly MLP bag wouldn't be so unreasonable after all. I mean look at the alternative!

Offline FlickaFriend

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 11:55:37 AM »
Moschino have form on this (Barbie, McDonald's)
https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2015-ready-to-wear/moschino/slideshow/collection#4

http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/autumn-winter-2014-ready-to-wear/moschino/collection

It's also a bit like the Vetements DHL t-shirt https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/apr/19/dhl-t-shirt-vetements-fashion-paris-catwalk

Personally the more I look at their MLP collection the less I like it. There's more than a touch of sneering superiority and mockery of people who genuinely like this stuff and of laughing at people who wear Primark. Like, "look at us we're so witty wearing common people's tacky 80s nostalgia but we like it because it's ugly and kitsch, aren't we clever and superior"

Sorry but at these prices this is the only way I can read it. Their "McDonald's server" outfits (and their ridiculous price point) were similarly an insult to people who (have to) work in McDonald's.

Does anyone know what I mean?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:10:16 PM by FlickaFriend »
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2017, 12:08:46 PM »
https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2015-ready-to-wear/moschino/slideshow/collection#4

It's also a bit like the Vetements DHL t-shirt https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2016/apr/19/dhl-t-shirt-vetements-fashion-paris-catwalk

Personally the more I look at their MLP collection the less I like it. There's more than a touch of sneering superiority and mockery of people who genuinely like this stuff and of laughing at people who wear Primark. Like, "look at us we're so witty wearing common people's tacky 80s nostalgia but we like it because it's ugly and kitsch, aren't we clever and superior"

Sorry but at these prices this is the only way I can read it. Their "McDonald's server" outfits (and their ridiculous price point) were similarly an insult to people who (have to) work in McDonald's.

Wow, I hope that is not the thought behind these. 

Offline FlickaFriend

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2017, 12:12:36 PM »

Hmm, maybe I'm taking it a bit too seriously. I am in a bit of a dark mood this evening. I don't really like the innocence of G1 being corrupted by the ridiculous fashion industry. But I guess it always was about marketing and profit (see what I mean about dark).
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2017, 12:24:33 PM »
My hope is that this gets trending enough that other retailers (besides Primark) start picking up the G1 license and we get even more retro merchandise! :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2017, 12:59:46 PM »

Hmm, maybe I'm taking it a bit too seriously. I am in a bit of a dark mood this evening. I don't really like the innocence of G1 being corrupted by the ridiculous fashion industry. But I guess it always was about marketing and profit (see what I mean about dark).

I think it's all about pop culture and staying fresh and there is always a tremendous pressure on fashion designers to keep thinking outside the box and coming up with new new new!  So I'm hoping that is where this is from. 

Probably also the only people who are likely to be able to afford high fashion runway items- are going to be at least in their late 30s and up (who happen to be the people who find nostalgia appeal in MLP)

The good thing is that other (cheaper) designers and producers of clothing copy the big names like Moschino so maybe we'll see some more spillover of G1 fashions in the next couple of years! I hope so!!!!

(On a semi-unrelated note- after looking at these prices and the cute purses they have- I finally let myself buy that Celestial MLP backpack)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2017, 02:48:32 PM »
All of these could have been regular merchandise. Hope China bootlegs the hell out of those bags.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2017, 02:54:21 PM »
All of these could have been regular merchandise. Hope China bootlegs the hell out of those bags.

I hope so-  so freaking cute...

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
I live in Southern California not all that far from Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive(waaaay on the "other side of the tracks" though), so I've been to some of the stores that sell this kind of stuff.  I've seen the $10,000 sweater and the $3000 t-shirt.  The local mall has a few high end designer stores that don't put prices on anything - you have to ask for the price, and if you have to ask, you *really* can't afford it.  I just can't wrap my head around wearing an outfit that costs more than a nice new car, or carrying around a handbag that costs as much as a 2 week vacation to New Zealand.  You can usually tell that the quality is better on these high end items than what you can buy at say Target, but it's not THAT much better!

It's nice to see some unusual ponies on clothing, but it's sad that THIS is where they all popped up.  Though I have seen a few G1 items at Hot Topic from time to time.  I think I saw a pretty nice dress made out of the Fancy Pants Baby print they've got on one of their "minidresses" there, and it wasn't $700!  And it was a real dress, not a glorified overstretched t-shirt.  They've got a nice t-shirt available right now for anyone who doesn't want to spend $300+:
http://www.hottopic.com/product/my-little-pony-firefly-girls-t-shirt/10846708.html?cgid=pop-culture-shop-by-license-my-little-pony#start=21

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2017, 04:06:43 PM »
It would be fantastic if other retailers would run with this art,more G1 please.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2017, 12:13:56 AM »

http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/autumn-winter-2014-ready-to-wear/moschino/collection

At least the Barbie collab ended up with a doll.

There's a slightly different feel when it comes to the retro ones than the McD's one. Like they definitely see it as kitsch but they too grew up with Barbie and MLP. There's still love there. It's like a "mature grown up" way to be nostalgic.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2017, 01:28:44 AM »

I love that!

But I kinda like this one for going to a MLP Fair :D

That is actually more or less my cosplay for Ponycon next month if I can get enough tulle for the tutu  :lol:

This is exactly what I thought when I first saw it. Clothing for snobs. I don't like this branded wear at all - don't get me wrong the clipart is cute and I love the winger bag but plastering 'Moschino' all over it ruins it. The name makes me think of some sort of crappy cocktail. I'll stick to my cheap Primark stuff - I bet the quality is on a par and it look just as cute. Cuter, actually.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal