collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shipping internacionaly  (Read 1823 times)

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Shipping internacionaly
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »
Hi everyone, I did win an ebay auction to a 1/6 yuna figure. But the seller wrote: "Sorry I didn't realize that your international I don't ship international unless eBay process it or you can pay additional $25 thank you" What does it mean? In the shipping was written:" International Priority Shipping to Portugal  via the Global Shipping Program" So what is the problem? Can anyone give advice? Thank you.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping internacionaly
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 09:12:04 AM »
How much was shipping for your item?  Let the seller know how much you were quoted for shipping to Portugal and that you are aware of her using the evil Global Shipping Program.  I don't see the problem either honestly
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 09:53:31 AM »
I don't ship international unless eBay process it

In the shipping was written:" International Priority Shipping to Portugal  via the Global Shipping Program" So what is the problem?

I don't get it either. Maybe indicate to them politely that ebay is indeed processing it as it is send via the GSP and that there won't be any additional costs for them?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 10:14:44 AM »
They must be confused.

Point out that the auction allowed for international shipping via the Global Shipping Program.

They will be shipping the item to ebay (in the US) who will in turn ship it to you.

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »
Thank you everypony. If he has the  international shipping via the Global Shipping Program, he mus have acepted or knows that he has it.
Edit: Well it seems he wants extra 25 $. So why  international shipping via the Global Shipping Program?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:27:59 AM by alkevin »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 02:28:12 PM »
Thank you everypony. If he has the  international shipping via the Global Shipping Program, he mus have acepted or knows that he has it.
Edit: Well it seems he wants extra 25 $. So why  international shipping via the Global Shipping Program?

Seems suspicious to me they are asking you for $25.  You might consider reporting that person to ebay...

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 02:42:59 PM »
Yeah, there's no reason for the additional $25 but greed, me thinks!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:13:06 PM »
What was the original quoted shipping amount?
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 06:43:55 AM »
It's against eBays rules to ask for more money than what was quoted even if what was quoted was wrong. Its the sellers responsibility to set up correct shipping fees; and if they didn't want to ship international then they should have chosen not to ship international when they set up the listing (when you make a listing it always has a little box that you can check or uncheck depending on if you want or do not want to sell internationally).

I would politely inform them that sellers are not allowed to ask for more money than what was quoted on the listing and that they either need to ship the item or cancel the sell and refund you. You may also consider linking them to GSP guide page. http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/faq/global-shipping.html  As well as inform them that it won't cost them extra because they will shipping the item to address in their country and then that place will handle shipping the item to you.

If they refuse to do either then I would report them. You won't get your item but at least you'll get all your money back and they will get in trouble with ebay (I think you can also still leave them a negative review on top of that as well)
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 07:46:32 AM »
If you are comfortable with sharing the seller's id with us?  Regardless of pony/non-pony, I still keep track of sellers who refuse to ship your item after you have won it.  :(  And no, they cannot ask you for more money!  If they still are being difficult, get Ebay involved!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »
Sometimes eBay does sign up sellers for the GSP without telling them, so that's also a possibility.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 10:41:17 AM »
The first time shipping was 25, he refunded me and did put a new listing. This time the shipping using ebay´s program was 35.82 plus  import charges at checkout was 14, 18. It is too much shipping. I did give up on buying, because the postal office will make us pay customs tax from now on.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 11:08:14 AM »
Sellers like this annoy me.

Whether they know they are signed up to the GSP beforehand or not, I can't imagine they didn't know after the auction ended, because they'd be told to send the item to the GSP shipping facility.

The unless ebay process it sounds like reference to the GSP which basically indicates they were aware. But that they didn't give a choice in the matter and the fact they asked for extra money when they start off by saying they "don't ship international unless" is a problem for me.

Unfortunately it is not uncommon or a new thing for some sellers to add insane amounts of money to shipping costs because someone is abroad. Even though costs have gone up, there are blatant examples of it all over ebay, with $50 shipping costs for a single piece of flat cardboard and $75 for a single pony. BUT we can choose not to buy those items and if we do, then we have to pay the quoted amount, even if we have issues with it. When a seller suggests a buyer pay more money for something it's outside the contract and dodgy behaviour...and those people really annoy me.

I am glad you didn't end up dealing with this person, even though it meant you lost your item. I think you're probably better off without the headache...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 11:20:02 AM »
I agree with Taffeta, sounds like you dodged a bullet of trouble with this seller!

You still may want to report them to Ebay since what the seller is doing is AGAINST Ebay's rules!  And you would not want another person to go through what you did right? 

Thanks for the PM :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline alkevin

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 01:48:51 PM »
No problem. He says that he needs to pay medical bills.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal