collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else in your family a collector?  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else in your family a collector?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 06:50:52 AM »
My dad collects novelty mugs that come with branded easter eggs, like the Cadbury and Mars ones. There are also Bob Marley and Guinness ones in there for a bit of added variety. Strangely enough this collection doesn't seem to include a Creme Egg mug, though. I would've thought that'd be the logical one to start with! XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 10:24:14 AM »
My mom collects willow ware plates, they are lovey and some are expensive.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »
Humm...

Dad likes to collect coins and star trek things.  Sometimes aerplanes and such :)

My sister collected with me when she was a kid (we are almost 10 years apart). Shes got some teacups and plushes still.

My brother likes gemstones, and if it counts, games.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 02:07:49 PM »
My brother collects weapons? Not too thrilled about that. My parents are hoarders which I worry about! But I guess my mom also collects Wedgewood plates and some sort of crystal. Seems kind of pointless when you have so much crap you can't enjoy the nice things.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:02:13 PM by cuddlebuggy »

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 12:34:12 AM »
I would not say active collectors and they don't consider themselves like it.. but mom is kind of a hoarder of potted plants. Walking in her home is like walking in a jungle. In her bedroom alone I counted over 20 pots once, I have around 20 in my entire home! But on the plus side, I can always ask her anything about my plants and she will have the answer.

When my older brother go abroad, the only souvenir he gets is refrigerator magnets. As he's been pretty much everywhere in Europe, his fridge is full of them as a nice reminder of where he's been. It's a nice habit I've taken up myself.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 05:41:48 AM »
My Uncle collected pigs :) he had VAST collection of them, numbering the the thousands :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 10:28:46 AM »
I think my niece is.  Her collections never get very big and they tend to go to garage sales when she's bored of them.  But, she does have a few collections that she's kept and has shadow boxes for.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2017, 12:22:17 PM »
Only me and my dad. I collect dinosaurs, ponies, anime and game figures,  figures I like, toys and board games from childhood. My dad collects music cds, vinils but since he can download mp3 (legally) and pens. My mom nothing, midle sister esoteric stuffs and oldest buys cat statues. But everybody critizes me.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 05:43:21 PM »
I collect tons of stuff, but no-one else in my family does. Dad always had heaps of books, but he'd read them all then give them away. Mum always kept everything I'd ever done, but that was different, she was just a proud parent. My nanna collected wool, but as a knitter, that wasn't really collecting, and that's about it really. I wish hubby would collect something, it would make shopping for him soo much easier! He used to collect matchbox cars, but they were stolen, which broke his desire to collect them anymore. So sad!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2017, 07:55:49 PM »
My dad definitely is. Stamps, especially first day covers, books!!!!!, certain magazines, old Canon cameras, model cars, did I forget something?
Definitely got it from him!
My mom doesn't actively collect, but she loves books as well and keeps adding to our library.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 03:38:18 AM »
My mom and dad don't collect anything, but my grandpa on my mom's side has a small collection of model cars!

EDIT: Had... I guess he just died in his sleep last night...

:( :hug:

Hugs to you :( I'm sorry that happened :(

In terms of my family, my Dad has collected Pelham Puppets for years. Literally since he was a kid (he's now 74) and he is very proud of the fact that one of his childhood ones is actually now quite hard to find. We've been told that even if we sell other puppets in the collection one day, not that one! Both sister and I have found puppets for him when looking for other stuff.

He used to collect two other things. Guitars (acoustic, he has sold several now because of space although he has played for about 50 years) and farming equipment (this from when he used to live in Oxfordshire, my Gran used to have a house with space for that, but most of it he donated to a local farm museum when space became an issue.)

Mum collects books. She would collect them more seriously if she had space, she's actually had to get rid of some but she has some nice older editions. She also likes glass and ceramic things but has no space to really collect them.

Sister collects ponies, like me - although less actively, she has added a snowglobe Flower Wishes recently and has abducted a Posey from my trade box (she has a Posey Army going back to when we used to carboot as kids and this is the latest member xD). She also collects fluffy things and carebears, albeit the carebears are also not an active collection. Mind you, she didn't object to the Sea Friend bear I gave her last week xD.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 07:37:00 AM »
My mom - no way. She places no sentimental value on anything at all, no matter what it is. A drawing I made for her when I was a kid, that's just clutter. She can throw away anything without a second thought, even things from her own childhood. Though by now all that stuff is long gone. I can't relate at all. It bugs me.

My dad on the other hand, I guess he had to be more reigned in when he was with my mom, but now that he's living alone he has a whole "geek" room (his term). It is filled with stuff from scifi movies and TV shows, and it's not a small room. He also has practically every Stephen King book ever written. Unlike my mom he places sentimental value on everything! He has difficulty throwing anything away. My sister and I helped him move recently, from his apartment to his new townhouse, and we were amazed at all the things he still kept. Things my sister and I made for him as kids, cards we had given him over the years, memorabilia from his own childhood, and tons of books and collectibles for his "geek" room as he calls it.

My sister is a collector as well. Growing up with me, how could she not be lol! Her biggest collection is Monster High dolls. But she also collects ponies, puzzles, Lego, Zelda stuff, logic games & brain teasers.

~Jennifer
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:41:16 AM by Jennifer2004 »

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal