TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Suspicious eBay Buyer - How to handle?

(1/3) > >>

Stiletto:
I don't sell on eBay a lot but I have recently started clearing out my home and letting go of a lot of things.  Everything has been going well but today someone BIN'd an MIB item for $49.99.  I had priced it to sell quick and a few people made some lower offers that I declined, and overall I was happy that it sold, but the buyer is raising some red flags in my mind.

First off, the user name is strange (haka.us.vgubuxlcfa), created today, and has 0 feedback.  She did already pay but to be really honest I fear a Paypal charge back coming my way if I follow through with this transaction, and want to refund the money and cancel the transaction.  I never said I wouldn't sell to 0 feedback members though so is it within my right to do this?  Am I being too suspicious? How would you handle this?

Loa:
Apart from the payment, have you communicated with them?
Maybe send them an email and outline your concerns. "Hi, I notice you're a new user and just wanted to ensure that you are happy to proceed with the transaction". Something like that. :)

Oneleo1:
Like Loa said get it in writing they want to proceed and send with signature confirmation required so if they do a charge back you can show they got it. And verify the address in writing to compare what is in Paypal.

LadyMoondancer:
I'd be wary too.  I agree with communicating with them and trying to suss out if they're a "real" eBayer.

Stiletto:
Thanks guys!  I did send them a message and made clear I was doing everything on my end to protect myself as a seller, including signature confirmation.  I haven't heard anything back, but after doing some more research I think I have covered my bases as much as possible.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version