collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 pony fanfiction  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 pony fanfiction
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 09:49:28 AM »
AO3 also allows you to orphan your work, leaving it available for posterity but divorcing it from your username rather than deleting it (though you can also delete works if you must).  It also doesn't put any limits on what kinds of fanfiction it accepts, advocates for author's rights to produce said fanfiction, and offers hosting migration to preserve old fanfiction collections that might otherwise be lost.  You can put comments on moderated, so they have to be approved by you before appearing too, if you're concerned about toxic individuals.  A03's not perfect by any means, but it's probably the best place going so far if you're concerned about standing the test of time.

Just don't expect any hand-holding; it's a safe space for fanfiction, not readers.  Up to you to determine what your own media consumption is.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2017, 10:37:18 AM »
So, what kind of fan fiction are you looking to write, Gator?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 04:32:44 PM »
I’d read your fan fiction Gator! I always loved reading your captions on the pictures you would add to the albums when the Arena had that option. Like the Furbobs with the Mountain Boys and Draggle trying to learn from Mr. Moochick, if my memory is working right...

I’m always on AO3! Though mostly reading South Park fan fics and occasionally Ed Edd n Eddy fics… I’ve only read like three MLP G1 related fics on there but it’s mostly G4 I find and I’m not that big of a fan to read it ^-^””

But if you posted on there I’d be sure to read them! I’m not too much on DA these days and I can’t access it at work like I can AO3…which is my horrible devious deed when I can’t focus on work anymore T.T

I want to post my stupid story on there, or what I have so far of it…though I keep thinking things for the ‘sequel’ than the first story X.x… anyway! I want to post it but others would be creeped out over it probably because I have weird OTP’s… but I can’t help myself T.T Also I’m a horrible writer with mixing up past and present tenses and all that stuff…I’ve never really enjoyed English or writing papers… =P but UGH all these stories in my head...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2017, 06:42:26 PM »
I find myself reworking my "Little Ponies Lost" story.  Maybe starting with the ponies not having Dream Castle and spending more of their early time on this new world interacting with its cultures.  Like having them needing to learn the language and meeting other characters like the Weather Witch.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 07:19:42 PM »
AI-1701, I just like to write g1 fantasy.  My favorite, back when the arena had a fanfic section, was written directly into the post and I had no hard copy or back up.  I greatly regret it.  All I have left are the pictures I drew to go with it.
 Like Wildshadow mentioned, it involved Draggle from the MLP movie.  Her mom had passed away, Reeka rose to evil power while Draggle turned to good.  She apprenticed to the Moochick to learn good magic.  Later, Reeka would again seek to get the little ponies, and Draggle, along with Megan and Rep(of Escape From Katrina), would all come together to stop her. 
I do have a hard copy of a story I started in college documenting my pony collecting. As I found new ponies, I entered them in the story.  I had not discovered eBay or the internet's Dream Valley, so I made up names for those ponies I did not know.  Baby YoYo is who got me back into collecting, but I had never seen a newborn before.  I named her baby Whizzy (sound a yoyo  makes ) and made her Whizzer's daughter.  It started with some calamity in Dream Valley, and Whizzer is able to get Whizzy to escape with the rainbow of light, with the instructions to find Megan and give her the rainbow.  Well, Whizzy finds me instead.  The rainbow turns my horse Rita into a winged Pegasus (who can talk!)to carry me back to Dream Valley, and the journey begins! 

The story I want to write now is a love story.  I got an idea while drawing a piece of art for the MLP calender in the Arts forum.

Post Merge: September 25, 2017, 04:29:07 PM

Here is a picture from when I was writing the story of found ponies.  You see my horse Rita, and it looks like Sunshine pony Sea Flower was the second pony I found, but I didn't know her name at the time and called her Sea Spray.
Do you guys think my art style has changed over the years?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:29:07 PM by Gator »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal