collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 30139 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
Re: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 11, 2017, 04:42:40 PM »

I can always imagine Discord was on vacation in the Phantom Zone or whatever, but Starlight was clearly shown to be at the festival.

Spoiler
Discord was in it. At the end there's a shot of Vinyl and you can see his head at the bottom right of the screen as part of the blacked out crowd. (Edit: He also appears in the credits) Don't have a screenshot as the 2 places to get screenshots have bans on them (probably until the movie comes out on DVD).
One of the screenshots (the one from the credits) can also be found on the website of the person that made them.

princesskitty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #181 on: October 11, 2017, 05:06:11 PM »
just saw the movie last night with my husband and we both loved it!! Love the new characters and can't wait to get some Capper and Tempest Shadow merch!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 11, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »

I can always imagine Discord was on vacation in the Phantom Zone or whatever, but Starlight was clearly shown to be at the festival.

Spoiler
Discord was in it. At the end there's a shot of Vinyl and you can see his head at the bottom right of the screen as part of the blacked out crowd. (Edit: He also appears in the credits) Don't have a screenshot as the 2 places to get screenshots have bans on them (probably until the movie comes out on DVD).

Spoiler
Plus you can see him during the "roll call" part of the credits, dancing next to Celestia.

And if you also want to count it, the "balloon animal" that Pinkie Pie makes in the beginning on the film was Discord-shaped.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #183 on: October 11, 2017, 06:50:45 PM »
Oh well that changes things. The place that made the images for the credits got the OK to release them, so they're available now:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.clausstudios.com/my-little-pony-the-movie/

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:43 PM »
Haven't seen the movie yet so I can't say anything about that. Now that end credit art is love. :happy:

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2017, 04:52:28 AM »
I still haven't seen the movie either but I heard Thorax is in it. Does he have a cameo?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2017, 05:27:12 AM »
Spoiler
I didn't see Thorax, so if he appeared it must have been as a short cameo in the background.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2017, 08:17:42 AM »
I have a question:

- will this movie make sense if you've only seen Season 1 of FiM?

The shoutouts are also kept to a minimum. We see Discord as a baloon animal and Muffin appears one time being a failure, but other than that the shoutout humor is actually for parents
Spoiler
(didn't expect Meatloaf lyrics; lol).
I just saw the movie and have to say I liked it a lot. Great animation and enjoyed the songs!

Spoiler
I do find it funny that no one seemed to noticed that Muffins tried to save Twilight before Rainbow Dash swooped in and saved the day. Not a fail in my book if you ask me XP

I really enjoyed Tempest, though I feel they could have done better with her background story. I feel it was too similar to Starlight Glimmer's. But I really enjoyed her song. She honestly should have been the villain rather than the storm king, hardly any screen time to get to know him.

I loved the merponies, though their hoof fins threw me off a little lol. Hope we get to see more them in the show though.

Plus Twilight gave me a surprise with her trying to steal the pearl, happy she didn't try to play by the book it was kinda nice to see, as odd as that sounds.

Sorry but imo that should have been Starlight trying to protect and not this overhyped running gag. This would have also nicely explained why she wasn't trying to help the M6.
I myself am really surprised Starlight didnt have a bigger role in the movie other than just a tiny cameo. But it is what it is.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2017, 02:13:18 PM »
Spoiler
Yikes my BF and I are kinda the on oposite terms right now. We saw the Movie yesterday. I LOVE Tempest Shadow a lot and liked her quite dark appearance. Also found the story of her horn quite sad. But my BF like hates her because she's too edgy and all... I just bought a Tempest Shadow Funko Pop. That'll teach him. XD

I also liked the Storm King. His goofiness really made him fun. I was afraid Grubber would be like the cringe-worthy funny sidekick but he was very likeable as well. :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2017, 03:55:08 PM »
I saw it twice--once at night, once in the day as a matinee.  The night one was fun because the theater was almost empty (privacy) and the matinee was fun because I got to hear kids cheering, gasping, and laughing along with the movie.  Made me very happy for all the little MLP fans having this magical experience.  Some of them were losing their minds during the opening.  :)

The only thing I wish was it was longer!  I could tell someone on the corporate side had made them make it shorter than originally intended.

Spoiler
For example, there's a toy of a hippogriff named Stratus Skyranger and he's not even in the movie, like at all.  I would loooove to have seen more of the hippogriffs, sure wish they'd left him in!  Maybe he'll show up in the series though?

Is it too much to hope for an extended edition on BluRay someday?  LOL.

I bet they sliced and diced the CRAP out of the movie- they had to make it short because of the age of the primary target audience was probably on the young side...

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2017, 06:11:59 PM »
I saw it twice--once at night, once in the day as a matinee.  The night one was fun because the theater was almost empty (privacy) and the matinee was fun because I got to hear kids cheering, gasping, and laughing along with the movie.  Made me very happy for all the little MLP fans having this magical experience.  Some of them were losing their minds during the opening.  :)

The only thing I wish was it was longer!  I could tell someone on the corporate side had made them make it shorter than originally intended.

Spoiler
For example, there's a toy of a hippogriff named Stratus Skyranger and he's not even in the movie, like at all.  I would loooove to have seen more of the hippogriffs, sure wish they'd left him in!  Maybe he'll show up in the series though?

I bet they sliced and diced the CRAP out of the movie- they had to make it short because of the age of the primary target audience was probably on the young side...

i believe i read somewhere- in this thread i think, that they completely cut a whole section of the movie about the hippogriffs coming in at the end and making a big show of themselves. thats probably where status skyranger came in. too bad they cut it :' (
im still hoping for an extended cut via bluray LOL

wishlist

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2017, 11:45:22 PM »

Spoiler

i believe i read somewhere- in this thread i think, that they completely cut a whole section of the movie about the hippogriffs coming in at the end and making a big show of themselves. thats probably where status skyranger came in. too bad they cut it :' (
im still hoping for an extended cut via bluray LOL
Count my vote in too LOL. I just saw it and felt the hippogriffs could have had more screen time!

On a side note, I'm all for Shelly and Sheldon merch. :P
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 13, 2017, 04:25:44 AM »

Spoiler

Spoiler
Plus you can see him during the "roll call" part of the credits, dancing next to Celestia.

And if you also want to count it, the "balloon animal" that Pinkie Pie makes in the beginning on the film was Discord-shaped.

Being there at the very end doesn't mean being there when the other stuff took place. That's why I said "I can always imagine Discord was on vacation". And the balloon was just a balloon to me, not the real Discord turning into a balloon... that would have been awkward (the joke I would make here is not Arena friendly :lol:)

Post Merge: October 13, 2017, 04:28:03 AM

Spoiler
Yikes my BF and I are kinda the on oposite terms right now. We saw the Movie yesterday. I LOVE Tempest Shadow a lot and liked her quite dark appearance. Also found the story of her horn quite sad. But my BF like hates her because she's too edgy and all... I just bought a Tempest Shadow Funko Pop. That'll teach him. XD

I also liked the Storm King. His goofiness really made him fun. I was afraid Grubber would be like the cringe-worthy funny sidekick but he was very likeable as well. :)

Haha, I would say her design is the edgiest part about her because she has that decorative scar.
Spoiler
But her backstory was typical FiM stuff, imo.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:28:03 AM by Zapper »

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 13, 2017, 11:56:20 AM »
Just came from watching the movie and I am positively surprised! But it was dubbed into Estonian and *inhales* THEY DIDN'T SING! THEY HAD ORIGINAL ENGLISH VERSION ON THE BACKGROUND AND HAD SOME MAN LITERALLY READ THE LYRICS ON IN ESTONIAN! OMFG I WAS SO OFFENDED!

Sorry for that xD I'm gonna buy the DVD in the future, would like to watch the original version, because this man just bluntly reading the lyrics ruined the songs for me.
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2017, 01:28:44 PM »
I saw it with my best friend yesterday.  I loved it for what it was.  It was so sweet, and it was really cool to see some emotional moments that we don’t really get in the series.  I did have a few little nit-picks, though...

Spoiler
I thought the new characters were really fun to watch!  But, there was so little character development that you just jumped in and had to know what their whole story is.  I would have loved to hear why Capper was in a position which forced him to sell the ponies.  It would have been so much fun to see what the pirates were like before the Storm King.  See, the problem I have is that, these characters are SO awesome, that it feels a bit disappointing when you see them come and go. 

And that gets me to my complaint about the Storm King.  What was his whole story?  He wants to create a giant storm.  Why?  Why does he want so much power?  What made him come to Canterlot?  I feel like they made it so you have to read all these comics and prequel books tonunderstabd these things, but I don’t WANT to read a bunch of books just to figure out what his story is. 

Anyway, the TL;DR version is: these new characters were so fascinating, that it stunk that they had to push all this stuff into 1:44 of screen time. 

I really want a spin-off movie about Tempest, and one about the pirate birds.  I’m actually going to be legitimately discouraged if they don’t make some kind of movie or special about them. 

Also, Songbird Serenade was a disappointment.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal