collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 29848 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2017, 10:37:39 AM »
I finally found the prequel comic book. :) :) There is also a movie comic book but I put that one back.  Target had a large display of movie toys and books today.

Edit: There is also a Making of My Little Pony the movie special on Discovery family tonight at 7/6 central and repeated again at 11:30/10:30 tonight. I don't know if it will give away any spoilers though.

I also finished the prequel comics and it seems to hint at things that will happen in the movie. Thoughts about the comics in the spoiler.

Spoiler
The bird pirates are being forced to work for the Storm King. Chummer escaped from the town but later crashed the airship. It's that airship that Tempest finds destroyed and the jewel.  Capper feels like he has to go back and rescue the bird pirates since the captain showed him kindness.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:59:45 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2017, 04:42:03 PM »

Edit: There is also a Making of My Little Pony the movie special on Discovery family tonight at 7/6 central and repeated again at 11:30/10:30 tonight. I don't know if it will give away any spoilers though.

Ponyfan

I felt that it was a cute little special, and it has made me more excited for the movie than I already was.  The only "spoiler" that I can remember hearing would be
Spoiler
the whole seaponies used to be hippogriffs situation.
but that is more of a "unless you already knew about this beforehand or saw a specific toy" thing. There wasn't anything "new", spoiler-wise, outside of the usual "sneak peek at some scenes".

Watching the special, it is very nice that (granted, I already knew about this from the start) they kept the original VAs for the Mane 6. I mean, a lot of kid-shows-turned-into-movies have a tendency to change all of the VAs and that can be a bummer. I know that one of the big complaints about the Ninjago movie that came out a few weeks back.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2017, 06:43:26 PM »
Thanks MilkyTaroMoci :) It sounds like an interesting special. I'm going to record the rebroadcast and watch it later tonight. I did catch a short part of it when they talked about the Storm King and noticed there was a scene that I don't think has been shown in any of the trailers so far.

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:54:27 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2017, 12:30:11 AM »
I've never been hooked on g4 and never watched fim, but the chance to see My Little Pony on the big screen is too fantastic not to. I still hadn't decided if I wanted to see it though, but yesterday I talked to grandma on the phone and she asked about a post I've made about it on fb and if anyone would be going with me and when I said no one wanted to she offered to go with me :blink:. So now it's decided, I have a movie date with granny where we're gonna see My Little Pony and I am really excited! :biggrin:

Now I just have to decide if I should read up about the g4 and /or see fim before I go to the theatre.. Thankfully, beong totally uninterested about fim, I have avoided every spoiler so far and only seen one trailer. The swedish voices stinks so I hope there will be screenings in the original language as well that I can catch.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2017, 03:10:20 AM »
That's funny. Because I'm the opposite, I can't wait for the German and Dutch dubs to drop because I am fed up with all the original pony voices except for Tabitha's Rarity.
Only reason I'll be checking out the original dub is because of Kristin Chenoweth.

German Tempest is Maite Kelly! Can't wait to hear her song in full!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2017, 05:57:33 AM »
I've never been hooked on g4 and never watched fim, but the chance to see My Little Pony on the big screen is too fantastic not to. I still hadn't decided if I wanted to see it though, but yesterday I talked to grandma on the phone and she asked about a post I've made about it on fb and if anyone would be going with me and when I said no one wanted to she offered to go with me :blink:. So now it's decided, I have a movie date with granny where we're gonna see My Little Pony and I am really excited! :biggrin:

Now I just have to decide if I should read up about the g4 and /or see fim before I go to the theatre.. Thankfully, beong totally uninterested about fim, I have avoided every spoiler so far and only seen one trailer. The swedish voices stinks so I hope there will be screenings in the original language as well that I can catch.

I totally get you!  I do watch the show, every episode.  But I think I'm most excited about the whole experience of going to a theater to see My Little Pony and getting pony themed concessions especially since I have some people to go with me :D

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2017, 07:00:16 AM »
I'm getting excited for the movie too but I don't think I have anyone that would want to see it in theaters with me so I will have to wait for a while.

Can someone that's read the prequel comic and The Stormy Road to Canterlot confirm

Spoiler
There's a difference between how Tempest gets on the caravan in the comic and the book and when she meets the Storm King? It doesn't seem like a deal breaker to me though. I'm just curious as to how two different versions ended up in official media but it could be as simple as one was written from an earlier draft of the meeting than the other. 

Ponyfan

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2017, 08:39:27 AM »
Watched the making of special last night and it was great. During it, I realized another reason to be excited for this movie. We're actually getting a 2D animated film on the big screen for once^^

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2017, 10:09:08 AM »
Sad to hear that apparently one of the storyboard writers went to see the movie and got kicked out as it was believed she was with someone that was filming the movie at the theater. Hope she got to see the movie again later. The making of special was interesting and gave me a bit of a boost in excitement (not enough to pay to see in theaters mind you as it's expensive) but it's a start.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2017, 04:40:21 PM »
I watched the special too and I have to admit that Capper's voice sounds better to me now then when I first heard it in the trailer. I loved seeing the sneak peek at the scenes we haven't seen before especially the sea ponies, the scene  with Capper and the brief ones we saw with Tempest.

Ponyfan

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2017, 05:10:41 PM »
Alright, Ladies!  :biggrin:  I need help deciding what to wear Friday to the movie.  I've got these two tshirts picked out.  I'm leaning towards the seapony one but I'd like to hear your opinions.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2017, 05:21:32 PM »
Alright, Ladies!  :biggrin:  I need help deciding what to wear Friday to the movie.  I've got these two tshirts picked out.  I'm leaning towards the seapony one but I'd like to hear your opinions.

The seapony one for sure!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2017, 05:26:50 PM »
I vote for seaponies. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2017, 05:39:01 PM »
Ooh, definitely sea ponies! :biggrin:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2017, 07:05:02 PM »

I vote for the sea ponies shirt! :D
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal