collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 30124 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2017, 12:25:23 PM »
I am so excited for the movie. I wasn't born when the first MLP Movie came out so this is my chance to see a pony movie in the theaters lol.

FYI 90% of the theaters in my area have tickets for pre-sale now. Check your local theaters ;D
~Foxtale~

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2017, 12:51:19 PM »
I also listened  to some of the song previews. So far "One Small Thing" is the one I like the best. "We got This Together" sounds like

Spoiler
every pony in Equestria will be there and I heard some male voices in the chorus.

I'm not sure how I feel about the song in the trailer either.

Ponyfan

I'm pretty sure that one's going to be at the start of the film when they're prepping for the friendship celebration.
I'm guessing Sia's "Rainbow" will be the big finale song.

I really like "One Small Thing". I think that may end up being my favorite  :P

I thought I read somewhere that there was going to be 76 minutes of songs in the film. If true, then the CD is only a small sample of what we're getting in the movie.

I'm pretty sure that's because they got a live orchestra for the film, so all that music is just the background score.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2017, 01:38:15 PM »
I found the full version of the songs on Youtube. I really like "One Small Thing" and "We've Got This Together" I still can't get in to "Off to See the World" even though I liked it in the trailer. I don't want to listen to the Tempest song because I don't want to be spoiled. I also think "Rainbow" will be the last song.
Spoiler
There are hints that it is in the music video.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:48:11 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2017, 02:06:21 PM »
I also found the full versions on youtube and listened to them all  :P

I didn't feel that "Open Up Your Eyes" had any spoilers. I do feel like there's a point in the song where they may show Tempest's backstory, as the music gets a little less threatening. It never actually says anything of concern in the lyrics though. It seems to be a very personal ballad from her.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2017, 02:50:00 PM »
Thanks Bekuno. I went back and listened  to "Open Up Your Eyes" and all I can saw is Wow! :) Tempest's singing voice is so good.

Ponyfan

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2017, 02:57:59 PM »
The songs sound so Broadway with the orchestration. I love them, especially Tempest's. Tempest and Starlight should be friends.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2017, 05:24:56 PM »
Just had a listen to the album's list of songs (minus Sia's as I listened to it before the album's release) and didn't have a changed opinion on them. Props to anyone that has favorites but I'm really hoping the movie is worth the wait.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2017, 07:56:34 PM »
I'm begrudgingly excited about this movie.  I didn't want to get excited about this movie.  I was content with being a major grump about it.  But...Tempest, man.  I couldn't resist Tempest.  She sold me on actually being excited to see this film.  And the soundtrack just made me more excited.  I have a feeling Skystar is going to be super-obnoxious, but Tempest's song blew me away.  And I hate to admit this, I REALLY hate to admit this, but I loved Capper's song, and I've got a feeling I'm gonna like that pirate bird girl.  But Tempest is what's gonna make this movie amazing for me, I think.  I've already developed a Tempest Shadow collection, and the movie isn't even out yet.  Hot Topic has a shirt of her that I'm definitely gonna wear when my bff and I go to see it!   

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2017, 12:11:49 PM »
Hey folks! Now that the FIM subforum is gone it's time to start our integration into the corral. I think the best way to start is with the MLP Movie, which is only a few weeks away!!

Are you excited for the movie? Skeptical? Want to know what's going on but not sure if you'd like to go see it? Come share your thoughts!

I've personally dug up everyyyy little bit of info I could on the film since the very start. Before the end of the FIM Forum, the enitre plot had practically been uncovered! I will be adding spoilers to this thread, but I'll be keeping everything under spoiler tags. If you plan to discuss movie spoilers, please also keep them under spoiler tags for those who aren't interested!

Trailer #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIv_ConaZ1c
Trailer #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNcus0-z9AM
Official Site: http://www.mylittlepony.movie/

Tempest Shadow's name and origins
Spoiler
Tempest Shadow's real name is not Tempest, but Fizzlepop Berrytwist. Yes, you read that right, I'm not joking. I'm not 100% on if the name will be dropped in the film but I believe it's possible, this tidbit was found in one of the books.

As for her story, Tempest and her friends wanted to one day attend Celestia's school, the same one Twilight did. They were all promising students, but Tempest tripped running out of a cave trying to escape on of the Ursa's and tripped, breaking her horn. With a broken horn she couldn't perform magic properly anymore, it wasn't controlled well enough. As a result she couldn't join the school but her friends did without her. The scorn and betrayal are likely what turned her against Equestria. She sided with the Storm King under the belief that he would be able to fix her horn (this does not appear to ever happen).

The Seaponies
Spoiler
It's been hinted at for awhile, and with some toy reveals from Hascon and information from the movie site, we know for sure that the seaponies are not originally seaponies. These seaponies are actually Hippogriffs! According to the movie comics, the hippogriffs actually have their own continent. They were chased away when the Storm King came to take over, so Queen Novo hid herself and her citizens beneath the sea, safe from his influence. Celestia is the one who tells Twilight to find Queen Novo, but refers to her as "queen of the hippos".

The Series of Events
Spoiler
Not 100% confirmed, but from one of the books it appears that the events go:
Canterlot Celebration -> Tempest's Attack and capture of Canterlot -> The mane six travel to "Klugetown", an area in Equestria's badlands. This is where we see the windmill scene -> The ponies meet Capper here, and Capper intends to sell them for a reward -> The ponies are on the pirate ship next (likely from capture by Capper and sold the the Captain) -> The ponies fall into the sea after the ship is harpooned -> The ponies are rescued by Queen Novo who uses her peal to turn them into sea ponies -> Twilight is captured by Tempest -> The rest of the ponies go to her rescue -> The storm king is defeated -> Happy Friendship Celebration!

tl;dr
Festival > Canterlot Seige > Badlands > Pirates > Seaquestria > Storm King > Canterlot

Outside of Equestria
Spoiler
We know that the hippogriffs original home, seaquestria, and Capper's home are all different locations.  Capper's original home is called Abyssinia. It was also taken over by the Storm King.

Updated Map of Equestria:
Spoiler

That's umm...not a very flattering way to refer to your fellow monarchs.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline StarDapple

• Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2017, 09:56:59 PM »
I'm excited to see the movie. I've got a Queen Novo shirt already from We Love Fine. I think I like these seaponies  much as the gen1 version. I'm definitely going to go watch this in theaters.
I've actually just moved to the Salem/Portland area of Oregon and would love to see the film with anyone on here who would like to go. Getting to know some pony fans in a new city would be wonderful. ☺

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2017, 01:09:19 AM »
I'm trying to avoid listening to the songs so I can hear them for the first time at the movie itself...

...that said, I caved and listened to Sia's Rainbow!! Couldn't resist (I love Sia :heart:)! And she did not disappoint, the song is wonderful :D

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2017, 04:15:36 AM »
I've also bought a few Tempest things before seeing the movie. I have her BAB, brushable and the prequel book about her. 

I just realized that Skystar's musical shell must be playing the melody of "One Small Thing" I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be before.

Ponyfan

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2017, 01:09:55 PM »
We got four new short clips from the movie today! Some stuff we've seen in trailers. Three of them are clips of songs.

Ending of "One Small Thing": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPAX9DlQn1Y
Songbird's into at the start of the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdYudMJ_lMU
Start of "Time to be Awesome": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIG7o2tTumo
(this is probably the one we've seen the least clips of in trailers)
And finally, a clip from the end of "We Got This Together": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oak4O1N3hSA

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2017, 02:22:02 PM »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2017, 02:57:49 PM »
I watched the "One Small Thing" and Twilight meets Sia clips.

The "One Small Thing" clip makes me wonder if

Spoiler
Queen Novo and the other sea ponies  don't  quite trust Twilight and her friends yet since the merponies are all swimming on the sides and Queen Novo is watching Pinkie and Skystar closely and at one point nods to Skystar. 

Twilight meets Songbird
Spoiler
It's hard to tell much about Songbird from this clip. Is she a diva pony or more like Rara? I guess we'll find out in the movie.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal