collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 29745 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2017, 09:09:41 AM »
We got a new "behind the scenes" video today with some voice actors and clips from the film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVhzDRotk10

That was really enjoyable. Thanks for sharing that^^ I don't think it really spoiled anything either.

Ok, so yeah.  You convinced me.  I just couldn't resist :)

On a different note, does anybody else ever use moviefone.com?  Looks like on their website, every time a theater has show times listed for the 2017 movie they have listed the g1 movie instead.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:15:25 AM by Sunset »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2017, 09:44:32 PM »
I listened to Sia's song but I'm not sure if I liked it. It might take a couple more listens and actually hearing it in the movie. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2017, 11:12:29 AM »
I said it once and I'll say it again, I love the fluidity of the animation and the slightly tweaked character designs. I especially love the heaviness of their hooves.
Look how Twilight places hers, they have joints and are no longer animated like arms. I like small details like that.

Tempest would probably look horrible on the show because they would just use the Sassy Saddles or Cadence greyhound pony model.
But do you think she will appear in the next season (voiced by someone else)?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2017, 12:04:37 PM »
I am definitely going to see the movie while it's in theaters, but I'm undecided on whether to see it opening night.  On the one hand I love the energy of opening night.  On the other hand it's going to be mostly bronies, probably.  And I sort of feel they will be overly noisy?

Hmm.  What are you guys doing (for the peeps who are planning to see it in theaters)?
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2017, 01:11:07 PM »
Tempest would probably look horrible on the show because they would just use the Sassy Saddles or Cadence greyhound pony model.
But do you think she will appear in the next season (voiced by someone else)?

Hmmm.. well...
Spoiler
I think it's possible, because we saw at Hascon that a seapony should be appearing next season

As for when I'm going, I'd love to do opening weekend, but it falls on a day I'm taking a trip out of town. A friend of mine who has a daughter is going with me when we do go so it'll seem less awkward haha
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2017, 04:25:23 PM »
I'm hoping DHX just ditches Flash for Toon Boom now that they have it.  The show could really use a visual upgrade.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2017, 04:28:04 PM »
I am definitely going to see the movie while it's in theaters, but I'm undecided on whether to see it opening night.  On the one hand I love the energy of opening night.  On the other hand it's going to be mostly bronies, probably.  And I sort of feel they will be overly noisy?

Hmm.  What are you guys doing (for the peeps who are planning to see it in theaters)?

I'm probably gonna see it over that weekend!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2017, 05:40:34 PM »
I'm going on opening night.  I've found a couple of other fans at work to go with.  You may or may not be surprised at the number of "geeky" people who can be found working at a library.  I don't think any of them consider themselves "bronies " though.  My city is relatively small so I wasn't thinking there would likely be many bronies.  On the other hand, it is a college town, so maybe?  But I am going to try to go to the theater further from campus so that might mitigate the college crowd. (It's the nicer theater anyway). But the deciding factor may be which one is going to carry the special concessions merch.

In regards to next season,  I think it's unlikely that any big name characters appear unless they can get that voice actor for one episode.  I think any new characters in season 8 will actually be new.  Which is fine with me because I want lots of new character toys.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2017, 05:52:53 PM »
I admit, the Sia music video is growing on me. I find it kinda funny how it has a bit of "spoilers" in it, though. xD

I wouldn't worry too much about a bunch of bronies being in the theaters on opening night. (TBH, I feel the brony crowd has died down a lot over the years?) Since there will most likely be 7pm/8pm early showings that night, I'd imagine there will be a variety in the crowd. If anything, I'm more "worried" about loud kids than loud bronies. And I say that in a "Please if you kid is crying in the theater, don't just sit there and act like nothing's happening. Go calm them down. " way.

I am planning on going to see it opening night because I know I certainly would be looking at full movies spoilers that same night if I didn't. xD Plus, I feel it's the kind of movie that would be more fun to see it "first".
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2017, 06:03:50 PM »

I listened to Sia's song but I'm not sure if I liked it. It might take a couple more listens and actually hearing it in the movie. 

Ponyfan

I haven't watched the Sia song video yet but I'm betting that if that is the official video that it's the "radio" version and the version in the actuall movie may be arranged differently.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2017, 06:34:34 PM »

Ponyfan

I haven't watched the Sia song video yet but I'm betting that if that is the official video that it's the "radio" version and the version in the actuall movie may be arranged differently.
That's what I'm thinking. The song byself now doesn't quite "sound" like an MLP movie song. It feels more "Disney/Dreamworks" to me.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2017, 06:55:59 AM »
Just listened to the previews of the soundtrack on amazon. Not really thrilled about any of them TBH. Hope they're better during the movie itself.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »
I also listened  to some of the song previews. So far "One Small Thing" is the one I like the best. "We got This Together" sounds like

Spoiler
every pony in Equestria will be there and I heard some male voices in the chorus.

I'm not sure how I feel about the song in the trailer either.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2017, 11:19:50 AM »
After hearing the full versions of the songs, the only "in movie" that I really liked, excluding Rainbow, was Open Your Eyes. I feel like the rest of the movie ones sound like they would need visuals for me to get into it.

If the trailer song is Off to See the World, I liked it. But i find myself having No Better Feeling on repeat (but I am biased because I adore CL, especially during her 2NE1 days).

The only song I didnt listen all the way through was Neighsayers. I just didnt like it at all.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2017, 11:40:44 AM »
I thought I read somewhere that there was going to be 76 minutes of songs in the film. If true, then the CD is only a small sample of what we're getting in the movie.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal