collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 29757 times)

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2018, 12:28:37 PM »
And does anyone have a pic of Target's exclusive DVD set with stickers and an activity book?

I can take & post pics of mine in a few hours. Honestly I was a bit underwhelmed but maybe I just need to remind myself that activity books for children arent made to occupy adults  :frolic:

That would be awesome, thank you!! :biggrin: Haha yes, I know what you mean - I found an activity book for movie fans and was expecting it to be for fans of all ages, or at least pose a bit of a challenge with the puzzles. Nope, it was totally geared towards young kids! :P

Pics of the Target BluRay package under spoiler
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The stickers themselves are just a glossy image of glitteriness vs actually being glittery, so thats a bummer. I really just wanted the movie regardless so oh well
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:30:39 PM by Prince_Sunbeam »
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2018, 01:23:28 PM »
I'm impressed the movie seems to be selling so well on disk- 

I was hoping to see it on Netflix soon, but it may be another year if it remains this popular ;)

although... maybe they will release it early anyway- (like Trolls)- in order to promote the toys and merch- I hope so!

Offline Cadence

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • The Polyglot Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 16, 2018, 04:01:08 PM »
And does anyone have a pic of Target's exclusive DVD set with stickers and an activity book?

I can take & post pics of mine in a few hours. Honestly I was a bit underwhelmed but maybe I just need to remind myself that activity books for children arent made to occupy adults  :frolic:

That would be awesome, thank you!! :biggrin: Haha yes, I know what you mean - I found an activity book for movie fans and was expecting it to be for fans of all ages, or at least pose a bit of a challenge with the puzzles. Nope, it was totally geared towards young kids! :P

Pics of the Target BluRay package under spoiler
Spoiler

The stickers themselves are just a glossy image of glitteriness vs actually being glittery, so thats a bummer. I really just wanted the movie regardless so oh well

Thanks so much Prince_Sunbeam! Wow, I agree, the "fake glittery" stickers are indeed kind of a bummer, but I'm really digging the Target exclusive alternative DVD sleeve! It's *almost* tempting to want to make a trip to the US for it. :P
 || Sig by LunaCat || :fox: :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 17, 2018, 04:04:22 AM »
Spoiler

Is there a sequel to the movie in the comics? I'd like to think that Capper stayed in Equestria since Tempest "helped" him escape Klugetown by taking him prisoner and then forcing him on to  the pirate ship before she knocked it out of the sky.

Thanks for the pics of the Target Blu Ray version. I really like the alternate sleeve/cover. 

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 04:28:18 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 17, 2018, 05:19:46 AM »
That Target Blu Ray packaging is super sweet.
Annoyingly enough the movie is only available on DVD here so far, and in such short supply my local store sold out in mere days. I'll keep an eye out for the Blu Ray maybe.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2018, 04:57:35 AM »
Another thing I just realized

Spoiler
  I know it's coincidence but Skystar creating the air bubbles to save Twilight and her friends from drowning  is similar to the seaponies rescuing Megan and Applejack. :)

According to the prequel book, Tempest under orders from the Storm King,  tried to steal the Queen's pearl by tricking her guard and claiming to be a lost, weary traveler seeking shelter. When Queen Novo discovered Tempest taking the pearl, the battle for it lead to the destruction of the Hippogriff city.

It's understandable that Queen Novo would be suspicious  of Twilight and her friends who are also claiming they need help and when she finally begins to trust them Twilight messes up everything by trying to take the Pearl.

Ponyfan

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2018, 07:12:19 AM »
I'm just overall disappointed at the content that could have - or was almost - in the film, between the prequel book and the official art book. I mean, don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, but some of the scrapped content could have added more depth to the film overall.
Spoiler
From the official art book:
"The prologue for this film went through many different versions. There was one idea where we see the Storm King overthrow the Arimaspi King; this would show the scope of his might. Another idea was to show how the Storm King acquired the staff he uses to summon the super storm. In that version, which was storyboarded, he steals it with the help of Tempest from an aged Scorpan, who is a character from the original series and brother of Tirek. These concepts were abandoned for a more elegant, beautiful prologue that would help introduce Equestria to those who aren't as familiar with the world." - Rebecca Dart, Art Director
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:25:12 AM by Bebopgroove »

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2018, 11:37:23 PM »
Spoiler

That's really interesting. It would have been great to see G4 Scorpan again and see his reaction when he found out his staff was being used to ruin Equestria.

I wish there was a little more background on Capper and the hippogriffs  in the movie. I read the prequel comic so I understand why Capper was trying to sell the ponies to settle his debt with Verko but if you don't have the background information you might wonder why Capper is so eager to sell them.

It would have been great to see a flashback of Tempest trying to steal the pearl/the destruction of the hippogriff city.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2018, 09:35:44 AM »

Spoiler
  I know it's coincidence but Skystar creating the air bubbles to save Twilight and her friends from drowning  is similar to the seaponies rescuing Megan and Applejack. :)

Ponyfan
Could have been on purpose, you never know? They have kind of caught up again with the pre-G4 shout outs (I know the ones I noticed in seasons one and two were debatable).
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2018, 02:15:23 PM »

Spoiler

Ponyfan
Could have been on purpose, you never know? They have kind of caught up again with the pre-G4 shout outs (I know the ones I noticed in seasons one and two were debatable).

I didn’t think of that. :) It would be neat if it was a shout out to the original My Little Pony.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal