collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread  (Read 1375 times)

Offline BekunoTopic starter

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread
« on: September 12, 2017, 10:06:05 PM »
Hey folks! Now that the FIM subforum is gone it's time to start our integration into the corral. I think the best way to start is with the MLP Movie, which is only a few weeks away!!

Are you excited for the movie? Skeptical? Want to know what's going on but not sure if you'd like to go see it? Come share your thoughts!

I've personally dug up everyyyy little bit of info I could on the film since the very start. Before the end of the FIM Forum, the enitre plot had practically been uncovered! I will be adding spoilers to this thread, but I'll be keeping everything under spoiler tags. If you plan to discuss movie spoilers, please also keep them under spoiler tags for those who aren't interested!

Trailer #1: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Trailer #2: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Official Site: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Tempest Shadow's name and origins
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The Seaponies

The Series of Events

Outside of Equestria

Updated Map of Equestria:
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Unable to buy, sell, or trade
    • My Tumblr
Re: MLP: The Movie Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 10:19:43 PM »
I'm really excited for it! I'm hoping I'll be able to see it on release day. It's the day after one of my dad's paydays so I should be able to. I hope to get some of the special cups and whatnot they have at the theater.

Right now I'm really looking forward to seeing what Songbird Serenade and Princess Skystar are like. I love both their designs so much and want to get a lot of their merch, so I'm excited to see what they're like.

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:24:08 PM »
Did you see Skystar in today's new trailer? She's so adorable!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Unable to buy, sell, or trade
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 10:36:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did you see Skystar in today's new trailer? She's so adorable!

I haven't! I'll go look that up now!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 10:53:13 PM »
I'm pumped!  I love the themes that have been revealed so far, like

I do feel a bit sad that I've seen so many spoilers, but it's inevitable since I follow toy news and see the toys.  (For what it's worth, the toys look cool, lol.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:32:05 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 11:16:23 PM »
I wasn't too excited at first but I'm more excited now then I was. Im excited to see the seaponies and

I'm trying to avoid major movie spoilers but I've already got a few of the toys including Skystar and her musical shell, Tempest brushable and Tempest Build a Bear.

Tempest is intriguing and I want to know more about her.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and for my sig.

Offline Safflower

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 11:34:54 PM »
I'm really exited! I might be going with my friend who is really into G4. I hope to get the special cups as well. I'm trying to avoid spoilers. I really want to see Skystar, I think she will be my favorite character :)
"What does a winner do when life gives him lemons? He squeezes them right back into lifes EYES!" -Nicole Watterson

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 01:38:30 AM »
I still feel the movie is trying to shove too much in there.
A pony fan novel You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is looking for feedback and proofreading. A group of ponies awaken on a strange planet where they face its most dangerous species and learn the secrets behind one of its greatest legends.  STORY COMPLETE!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 02:44:05 AM »
I'm looking forward to it.   I mean, I'm still trying to keep my expectations down because usually I only go to the theater for Disney and Pixar stuff and it would be unfair to expect that level of quality.  However, I do have a small group of coworkers who like ponies that are going to go see the movie with me on opening night.  And I totally want to get a couple of the concession souvenirs.  So for me, it is going to be an event!

Offline Goanna

• So Soft Pony
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 09:49:31 AM »
I just watched the second trailer and I'm hyped, so I'm glad there's a new thread for discussion :D!
It was cool to hear Capper speak in the second trailer :)
Also, I'm really digging the animation style. The ponies look so fluid when they move!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 01:33:56 PM »
I've been avoiding trailers because they always end up giving away so much of the "good bits".  But I will watch them after I've already seen the movie, lol.

What's the air date?
Visit my Tumblr, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 01:47:13 PM »
Opening night is October 6th.

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • Art blog
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »
I just watched the second trailer and I'm hyped, so I'm glad there's a new thread for discussion :D!
Also, I'm really digging the animation style. The ponies look so fluid when they move!

Cappers voice felt really out of place to me, like it was just a little too deep to fit his character? I'm sure I'll feel different in the film but it threw me off

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 05:08:14 PM »
Something about the movie awakens a weird fascination in me. I guess it's simply the idea that the Mane Six (Mane Six? Who are these Mane Six? We Arenagoers know only of Starlight Glimmer!) basically spend the entire film not interacting with ponies. It adds a new, fresh tone that we have rarely seen before in the franchise - that of a vast world of various fantasy creatures beyond the ponies' dwellings (the G1 comics did hint at this, but never got to go that in-depth on it. They're still awesome, all the same). I also have great affections for the animation style (particularly the Sonic Rainboom seen in two of the released trailers) - if I feel the need to see the film in theaters, I'll do it if it means reviving animation in this form.

Oh, and Capper is such a weird addition to an MLP film that I find him awesome for some reason. Which leads me into my next point:

Cappers voice felt really out of place to me, like it was just a little too deep to fit his character? I'm sure I'll feel different in the film but it threw me off
Capper's voice really does sound weird. I guess that's the way we're getting it though, although the surreal concept of Capper is still admirable.
Formerly known as anonymoushoneycomb.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake (well, the amazing Photobucket third party hosting message) in my sig!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »
I don't think they're going to be able to go too deep into anything though because of how much there is.  You'll be surprised how short 99 minutes can be when you are trying to throw everything including the kitchen sink in.
A pony fan novel You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is looking for feedback and proofreading. A group of ponies awaken on a strange planet where they face its most dangerous species and learn the secrets behind one of its greatest legends.  STORY COMPLETE!