collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thrifting *Finding ponies in your dreams*  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Thrifting *Finding ponies in your dreams*
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 04:44:29 PM »
Sigh, I have them a lot.

Had one a few nights ago that I found a bunch of G1's including my grail and my local thrift store, so I went there the next day hoping to find something. Not a pony in sight.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 04:50:03 PM »
Sigh, I have them a lot.

Had one a few nights ago that I found a bunch of G1's including my grail and my local thrift store, so I went there the next day hoping to find something. Not a pony in sight.

Wouldn't it have been awesome if you had though?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 04:57:07 PM »
All the time. It's usually ponies that don't exist too lol like you said. A SHS/GnS hybrid would be so cool though!

Last time I found SO many Dream Beauties...so I went to grab a basket to put them in and they were all gone LOL!! The store disappeared too, I was left standing outside all by myself...

Sometimes I think our brains just like to play tricks on us!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »
Sigh, I have them a lot.

You would have a sixth pony finding sense! And maybe you could help us find our grails, lol :biggrin:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 05:03:11 PM »
Sigh, I have them a lot.

You would have a sixth pony finding sense! And maybe you could help us find our grails, lol :biggrin:

I knew it was too good to be true, but I haven't found a non-G4 in so long  :cry:
There was a cute care bear, but I left it behind because I'm pretty sure I already owned it back at my parents.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 05:06:30 PM »
Sigh, I have them a lot.

I knew it was too good to be true, but I haven't found a non-G4 in so long  :cry:
There was a cute care bear, but I left it behind because I'm pretty sure I already owned it back at my parents.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I go to my local goodwill every Friday and sometimes I get the feeling that I will find G1s! But then I find nothing  :cry:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 05:14:33 PM »
Sigh, I have them a lot.

Aww. :( :hug:

Offline KittyPinkDreams

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 11:15:44 PM »
Yes, that has happened to me so many times! The most recent one was a dream about finding my childhood ponies while clearing out a garage - if only that could've been real! (Granted, I dread to think what state the ponies would've been in but I could've cleaned them up!) There was also the time I had a dream about finding a strange pony that has was Flutter-ish in terms of the sleek body shape, but it had the really bright, stripy markings of a Colourswirl pony; that one was hiding in the dream version of the furniture warehouse where I used to work. I half kept an eye out for ponies every shift after that, despite logically knowing there wouldn't be any. XD

Omg I agree! Childhood ponies would be amazing! I am trying to recollect all of what I had from childhood! Movie Firefly, The Birthday Pony, Sweetheat sister's Lovin' Kisses, Sippin Soda Strawberry Scoops, Precious Pocket Li'l Pocket, Starglow(more blue version), Rock 'n beat Tuneful, Sweetheart sister's Twinkler, Rainbow Curl Stripes, Candy Cane Sugar Apples & So Soft's Skippity Doo, Surprise and Heartthrob . I think the rest I have found??? LOL

That sounds like a really awesome pony you dreamed about, do you recall what pose it was in? Guessing a sweetheart sister's style?

Aww Hey you never know what you will find at work. When I use to work at Wal mart a lady found a Breyer Mini Whinnie and gave it to me ^_^

Post Merge: September 11, 2017, 11:19:22 PM

Lately, my pony dreams have been about finding ponies, then noticing complete, rare playsets and snapping those up. Only to wake up and realize 1: the playsets never existed and 2: I wouldn't have shelf space for them anyway!

Hey maybe these playsets could be created! I mean There is the whole HQCG1 Ponies happening. It's would be awesome to see so many pony things made! Oh dear out of room that's not good!

Post Merge: September 11, 2017, 11:26:30 PM

I've had  many dreams about finding ponies. My mom said that my grandma had a lot of ponies that she bought but never gave to me because she would change her mind and not take them back to the store. Mom said my grandma showed them to her once and said "I was going to give her this one, but then I decided on that one" I never saw those other ponies myself but my grandma was the type of person that would change her mind on what she would give as gift.

One time I dreamed I was with my grandma and we were in her garage and found all of the ponies she never gave me.  A lot of them were ones I'd never seen before and I tried to grab as many as I could. I woke up when I had the ponies in my hand.

One of my most wanted ponies for a long time was SS Twilight. I would dream about finding her and the dream would seem so real that when I woke up for a moment I'd wonder why I didn't have ponies.

Ponyfan

Oh my, I'd be wondering where all these ponies maybe! I think you should really find out if she did keep them all. You'd have a very awesome collection for sure(possibly NIP)!!!

Awwwws And about a year ago I found a so soft Twilight at Value Village! Her hair is even still pink!!! OMG I was so excited, I love her pose soooooooooooo much. I am still in need of Locket and Sea Breeze, possible upgrade my Blueberry baskets, unless I get to figuring out how to restore her. Mainly its matching the shade of black/brown for her eyes. Just don't give up on thrifting! I use to live super close so I went daily! its always hit or miss. But don't ever give up! Also posting a ad on craigslist or maybe on a buy and sell thru facebook looking for MLP is a good way. I have had some luck with even doing that! ^-^
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:26:30 PM by KittyPinkDreams »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 05:24:53 AM »
Leave a Whisper, it's funny we both dreamed about SS Twilgiht.  :) When she was my most wanted pony, I'd always find her in my dreams.

I'm pretty sure the other ponies my grandma had were either thrown out or given away. :( A relative made the comment that she found a lot of old toys and gave them to a group for a garage sale. To be  fair she didn't know they had value and thought they were junk. I've never seen ponies since then and even my childhood SS Twilight that stayed in my grandparents house on a shelf disappeared.

I was finally able to find another though. :) 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 06:06:44 AM »
I dream I go into a charity shop and fnid a box full of Nirvana ponies, with a couple of piggies on top. I grab them then realise it's a dream, then cry in my dream because I know I'm dreaming and that usually wakes me up. Although a couple years back I went into the charoity shop and I DID find a box full of ponies. They were all common ones but I was stood in the middle of the shop pinching myself to try and wake up :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 09:19:55 AM »
Leave a Whisper, it's funny we both dreamed about SS Twilgiht.  :) When she was my most wanted pony, I'd always find her in my dreams.

I'm pretty sure the other ponies my grandma had were either thrown out or given away. :( A relative made the comment that she found a lot of old toys and gave them to a group for a garage sale. To be  fair she didn't know they had value and thought they were junk. I've never seen ponies since then and even my childhood SS Twilight that stayed in my grandparents house on a shelf disappeared.

I was finally able to find another though. :) 

Ponyfan

:( :hug:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
I still think my dream about *stealing a garbage truck to score MORE ponies* has to be the funniest, most epic pony dream I have ever had...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2017, 01:40:13 PM »
I still think my dream about *stealing a garbage truck to score MORE ponies* has to be the funniest, most epic pony dream I have ever had...

What part? The implication that you'd resort to theft to expand your collection, or that there are hordes of people in your area finding ponies and immediately tossing them out for no good reason? rofl
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Jupiter

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2017, 03:48:53 PM »
I had a reoccurring dream that I'd go to a particular thrift store and find a basket full of collector pose Mexican and argie ponies for $5 each but I had to only pick a couple cuz I never had enough money. This dream happened at least 3 times. Same thing another couple times but it was at antique stores and mail order us babies and such, still didn't have enough $$ even in dream to buy them all.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 08:07:20 PM »

What part? The implication that you'd resort to theft to expand your collection, or that there are hordes of people in your area finding ponies and immediately tossing them out for no good reason? rofl

Oh no... it was better than that.  Let me retell:

Yes, I [have pony dreams, too!]  And they fall into the same categories that everyone has:

1.  Super find of the century.  Putting them in containers to buy, then I wake up.
2.  Super find, but the seller won't sell them to me, then I wake up.
3.  Super find, the seller is mean, I STEAL DEM PONIES, I wake up with no ponies.
4.  Someone ELSE bought all the ponies first!

I really don't find them to be positive dreams.  Mostly I wake up and I'm cranky that I have no ponies, the incredible ones in my dream don't exist, and I have no way of making this dream a reality. So I pout.

Quote from: Leave A Whisper
You are pony ninja! Liberating ponies from mean sellers everywhere!

HAHAHA  That is when the dreams get interesting!  Once in my dream, in an epic quest to OBTAIN THE PONIES.... I stole a recycling truck and drove it through the yard sale.  Then the robots helped load the truck and we went soaring through the sky on a rainbow of FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM and ponies.  Many ponies.  So many.

Needless to say I was not happy to NOT wake up in the cab of a recycling truck filled with ponies.  And said recycling truck, wherever it was, was never going to be filled with ponies; this yard sale didn't exist, and there were no ponies.  Sad morning.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,382511.msg1599753.html#msg1599753
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 08:10:43 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal