collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Gwenevere /Starla and the Jewel Riders  (Read 9946 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Gwenevere /Starla and the Jewel Riders
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 06:39:18 AM »
Wow. Your custom Starla looks great so far. I have to admit I've been looking at Princess Gwenevere/Starla toys on Ebay lately keep finding myself drawn to Sunstar.

I haven't watched more episodes yet, but plan to soon. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 07:13:26 AM »
Wow. Your custom Starla looks great so far. I have to admit I've been looking at Princess Gwenevere/Starla toys on Ebay lately keep finding myself drawn to Sunstar.

I haven't watched more episodes yet, but plan to soon. :)

Ponyfan
Thanks. Hopefully I can do customs of Tamera  and Fallon too... there is however a slight problem with doing Fallon...her skin is so dark and the only really dark EAH doll dont have the removable legs so if I use that doll Ill need to give her real tights... or I use a Briar/Rosabella to get the molded legs but then she will be whitewashed....

Anyway, I have looked at the Sunstars on ebay too, but I hesitated to buy them because they are a bit scratched up... I cant help be a bit picky.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 07:24:57 AM »
Anyway, I have looked at the Sunstars on ebay too, but I hesitated to buy them because they are a bit scratched up... I cant help be a bit picky.

I bought mine MOC/MIB to open. Expensive but no regrets and well worth it. I love them and they are perfect :)

Offline Sakuyamon

• artist for hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 09:11:29 AM »

I bought mine MOC/MIB to open. Expensive but no regrets and well worth it. I love them and they are perfect :)

There is a "mib" moon dancer on ebay that I was thinking of doing that with...the package is almost totally ruined but the seller want 150dollar for it.. it felt very high to pay for a horse I would debox. There is another moondancer at 300 but its in good condition so it would be dumb to debox it.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 10:21:38 AM »

There is a "mib" moon dancer on ebay that I was thinking of doing that with...the package is almost totally ruined but the seller want 150dollar for it.. it felt very high to pay for a horse I would debox. There is another moondancer at 300 but its in good condition so it would be dumb to debox it.

Yeah I saw those when I was looking. I paid $460 my MOC/MIB set. It was an almost complete set. Just missing Sun Power Gwenevere who I'm kinda iffy on if I actually want depending on the day. So both horses and 8/9 of the dolls. Still a little pricey (still not too bad though compared to what I see pop up) but I was impatient :lol:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:25:25 AM by Duenia »

Offline Sakuyamon

• artist for hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2017, 10:35:57 AM »

Yeah I saw those when I was looking. I paid $460 my MOC/MIB set. It was an almost complete set. Just missing Sun Power Gwenevere who I'm kinda iffy on if I actually want depending on the day. So both horses and 8/9 of the dolls. Still a little pricey (still not too bad though compared to what I see pop up) but I was impatient :lol:
For a near complete set, thats a pretty good price.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2017, 06:15:59 PM »
The more I look at the toys, the more I want something Princess Gwenevere. I didn't know they had kid's meals toys for the show. I'm hoping to watch more episodes this weekend. :)

Ponyfan

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2017, 07:38:03 PM »
The more I look at the toys, the more I want something Princess Gwenevere. I didn't know they had kid's meals toys for the show. I'm hoping to watch more episodes this weekend. :)

Ponyfan

Ooooh yes - the Long John Silvers ones. They're pretty awesome. I keep Archie out with my display.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2017, 01:33:57 PM »
It's official. :) I want a Princess Gwenevere toy. I don't know what to pick.

Ponyfan

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2017, 01:39:08 PM »
It's official. :) I want a Princess Gwenevere toy. I don't know what to pick.

Ponyfan

I'd recommend the Long John Silvers Sunstar figure since you mentioned being drawn to her :) It's a lovely figure that shouldn't break the bank. It doesn't come up as often as the regular sized Sunstar but when it does it's normally in better condition. She's also a lot more show accurate that her larger counterpart. Although after you get that one you'll want the others :lol:

Offline Sakuyamon

• artist for hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2017, 01:41:43 PM »
Funny thing is that i recently found this series called "Mia and me", and it contain an alicorn that look a lot like Sunstar.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 09:27:44 PM »
Thanks Duenia :) The Long John Silver Sunstar is pretty and will make a great starter piece. .

I really like Mia and Me too. :)  I never thought about how much Sunstar and Onchao look alike but I took a couple of screencaps and they do share some similarities.

[visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ponyfan

Offline Sakuyamon

• artist for hire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »
Yea, to say the least! They are both white equines with a golden horn, golden mane and tail, and white wings. Both are decorated with gems too, even if in different ways.
The main difference is that Sunstar has a horses tail but Onchao has a lion tail.

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 07:13:43 PM »
Starla and the jewel riders! My sisters and I used to pretend we were Starla, Fallon and Tamera (I was Tamera) and we would recreate our own episodes when we were younger. :D Good memories!
:happy:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2017, 01:10:17 PM »
I adored this show when I was younger! I always felt the ending/credits song was catchy, and I still find myself humming it on occasion. I remember really wanting the toys too, but I think in my area they were pretty hard to find. I think Sunstar was like $30 or $40 back then, right?
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal