collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 'Seapony' as a Hipogriff :o  (Read 3515 times)

Offline Sakuyamon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • artist for hire
    • View Profile
    • http://Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
Re: 'Seapony' as a Hipogriff :o
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »
And the strabimus eyes return!
Why do hasbro keep making those strabimus eyes? One would think that they would know that neither old fans nor new fans like them by now.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »
Why do hasbro keep making those strabimus eyes? One would think that they would know that neither old fans nor new fans like them by now.

Yeah, it is odd. You'd think they would try to make all the ponies look nice when you look at them from the front. It does look very cute from the sides with the eyes looking back, but if one of them is looking back, they should make the other look forward instead of both looking back. Then we can have ponies that look like they're looking to the side without making it look all weird at a front angle...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 06:29:03 AM »
I might be interested IF Hasbro didn't think Hyppogriff was exclusively  synonymous with pegasus.

They have paws and feathers so they aren't just tall pegasai.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 06:31:18 AM »

Yeah, it is odd. You'd think they would try to make all the ponies look nice when you look at them from the front. It does look very cute from the sides with the eyes looking back, but if one of them is looking back, they should make the other look forward instead of both looking back. Then we can have ponies that look like they're looking to the side without making it look all weird at a front angle...

Yes, I agree with this! 

They really should study g1 eyes.  G1 eyes manage to be looking at you whether you are looking at them from the side or from the front without looking walleyed.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:05:25 AM by Sunset »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 06:51:42 AM »
though seaponies are cute I decided when they showed that I'm not interested...

but This!  Hippogrpyhs!  THAT is an awesome idea!

Gimme a whole Fleet Hasbro!  :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 07:47:34 AM »
This is lovely, and a step in the right direction for me. I really want them now.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 07:53:27 AM »
I like that they did a different head mold from the Princess Ponies of G4. From that angle it doesn't look like a balloon but I know we'd have to see her in other angles XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 08:52:56 AM »
She looks sort of unpainted, like she's supposed to have blue ears and feet and purple wings like her sea pony version. I know she's not actually supposed to have that, I just can't unsee it :P
I do like her slender figure and large wings. If only Hasbro would stop making her cross-eyed...

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2017, 10:33:22 AM »
SCREAMS SHE LOOKS AWESOME

Here's hoping we get a brushable hippogriff Novo too! And Stratus Skyranger, and those two seaponies who are getting busy book figures, and that seapony who shows up on the movie packaging...
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2017, 01:01:37 PM »
She looks sort of unpainted, like she's supposed to have blue ears and feet and purple wings like her sea pony version. I know she's not actually supposed to have that, I just can't unsee it :P
I do like her slender figure and large wings. If only Hasbro would stop making her cross-eyed...

I do admit that I may have to have a couple of these to customize.  I feel like these ought to have symbols.  I know most non-pony friends don't have them even all the way back to g1.  But these are sooo close to being actual ponies.  In fact, I'm considering them just a different breed of pony, like Flutter ponies.   Also, a gradient on her wings wouldn't go amiss.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »

I do admit that I may have to have a couple of these to customize.  I feel like these ought to have symbols.  I know most non-pony friends don't have them even all the way back to g1.  But these are sooo close to being actual ponies.  In fact, I'm considering them just a different breed of pony, like Flutter ponies.   Also, a gradient on her wings wouldn't go amiss.

At least the pony friends had markings.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 03:38:49 PM »
I might be interested IF Hasbro didn't think Hyppogriff was exclusively  synonymous with pegasus.

I do like her, sure... but shouldn't she have a bird's head? Maybe Hasbro through they'd be seen as too similar to gryphons?
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2017, 04:17:48 PM »
Objectively speaking, the head already looks a lot more like a real bird than it looks like a real horses head, imo.  All of G4 has muzzles that look more like beaks to me.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2017, 05:07:59 PM »

I do like her, sure... but shouldn't she have a bird's head? Maybe Hasbro through they'd be seen as too similar to gryphons?
She should, however, I'm thinking they want to keep as much pony as possible in the main Equestria lands... Griffins and Dragons are the only 2 species that are not pony related.. Even Discord who is a Draconequus is said to have a "Head of a pony" although his head looks more like a goat and basically Draconequus is a Chimera XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2017, 09:22:09 AM »

Yes, I agree with this! 

They really should study g1 eyes.  G1 eyes manage to be looking at you whether you are looking at them from the side or from the front without looking walleyed.

Agreed to all the above!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal