collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Project FurReal Butterscotch: Restoration and Customization  (Read 560 times)

Offline ginaiam

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Project FurReal Butterscotch: Restoration and Customization
« on: September 08, 2017, 08:32:26 AM »
Over the years I have restored and customized G1 My Little Ponies. And now I decided to work on a bigger endeaver. Project Fur Real Butterscotch. 

I rescued her for $35.00
She has some plastic rebuilding needed done in her head as one eye and ear doesn't blink/move and her tail doesn't move. And her neck wants to make a loud scary click, probably a belt slip.  Her body coat has wear spots and maine is a bit dingy with hair cut and her eye lashes were cut, so good excuse for customizing into a Unicorn. Don't know exactly which unicorn. I have a 3D printer to replace plastic parts, so no big deal.
Her maine and tail is a longer shag fabric and of course her body is a short plush with a little feathering around her ankles. 

I do have questions if anyone has knowledge on a good deal on fur fabric? 

If you want to see progress, I'm Gina Lesslie on Facebook. You can add me as a friend or follow me if you would like, you are more then welcome. I post so anyone can see usually :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Project FurReal Butterscotch: Restoration and Customization
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:18:01 AM »
ooooh fun!  I have pondered about this but never seen a FurReal cheap enough to risk the project and insanity... LOL
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 02:03:39 AM »
Sounds like an interesting project, I'd be fascinated to see the skinned robot body underneath while you're customising if you take it that far. I have a few robotic toys I've skinned because I think their mechanical structure is cool, would love to collect them.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 04:11:24 AM »
I always wanted the Fur Real Butterscotch when I was a kid, though I never got it because it would have taken up more space than we had to keep it in. It's good to hear you're rescuing one!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal