collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Package says "Delivered" but no sign. Help!  (Read 899 times)

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Package says "Delivered" but no sign. Help!
« on: September 07, 2017, 10:48:45 AM »
In the last 2 months I have now had three instances where I've had a package marked as "Delivered, left with individual" but it is no where to be found.

Has anyone else had this happen? The first was in August with a non-pony ebay lot. I had to open a missing mail case and then after about a week it magically appeared in my mailbox.

The other two cases are from this week alone. One on Monday and one on Tuesday.

I work in a large building but our business has a mailbox where the postman always would leave packages. I haven't had any problems with packages that include our mailbox number. Both sellers confirmed that they included the suite # so I'm not sure what to do.

I've opened two more missing mail cases.

I also spoke with my mail carrier, and she got very defensive and said that if it said delivered than she delivered it, and even looked in my postal box as if I was lying. She suggested I do a "hold mail" until they I guess fix it? But I cannot hold the mail for my whole business. She also told me she was tired of tracking down peoples packages so I should just have them put a tracer on it.
I'm now very worried to have anything shipped here now, why have things changed lol.

Any advice, or has anything similar happened to others?

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Package says "Delivered" but no sign. Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 11:39:07 AM »
Yes this has happened to me several times.  In most cases I finally got my mail.  Often the post office scans it incorrectly and then when they actually deliver it the scan will update.  I have had a package that was marked delivered and it took around 3 months and another 6 months before it finally showed up.  Sadly, I had three packages that were marked delivered and I never received them.  I have had to go to the post office and in two cases I had to file complaints with the post master general.  There was a problem with my po box where I was getting suspicious someone was marking things delivered but not putting them in my box.  What was happening I think now...was they were scanning them delivered but, then they put them in the wrong box.  The person that had them had to get them from their box and return them to the po for re-delivery.  What a mess.  That process can take a while when that happens.  Also, my packages have been marked delivered and be at another street with the same number as mine but a different street, or at a neighbor. :pout:
Often it is just a case of being missent or scanned wrong.  I have had some very rude mail carriers as well.  The post office is not very helpful sometimes.  I am sorry you have had this happen. I think it is common, but it is so frustrating and stressful.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 10:17:08 AM »
I've had a neighbor get my packages before, usually they will walk it over eventually...

If delivered to the office, occasionally (in fact just recently) a package will get sent to the wrong floor. It takes a little while for them to figure it out  >_<

ONCE though, I had a large package (of shoes) delivered to my front door-  they disappeared never to be seen again. I'm sure they were stolen (which is why my things now come to my work)

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 10:50:41 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one this is happening too lol.

What happens if they do not turn up? Both sellers did send the items, but if I never receive them how does a refund work *stressed*

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 04:22:25 PM »
I've only had this happen maybe twice, and both times I called my PO and complained and then the packages were magically there. :/
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal