collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Global Shipping Program - Ebay  (Read 3571 times)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Global Shipping Program - Ebay
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 01:08:09 AM »
I won't buy anything with that attached.  It stinks too since it's spread through the UK ebay like the plague.  The unpacking/repacking thing does it for me, even more than the stupid prices.  The last thing I want is some uncaring random person to open up a box filled with tiny, very valuable accessories and start messing around with it. 

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 07:04:21 PM »
I know another member never received a MIB Perfume Puff Palace because Pitney Bowes thought it was a "restricted item"--because they confused a playset SHAPED LIKE a bottle of perfume as an actual giant bottle of perfume.

So the buyer never received it AND Pitney Bowes didn't send it back to the seller.  What a sad fate for a MIB playset.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 08:19:50 PM »
I won't buy from sellers that use it. At all. And I stopped sending messages to sellers asking if they would ship via regular mail. For all the reasons stated above, too expensive, extra fees/duty, damage to items, etc.

As a seller, I also won't use it, because the seller is responsible if something arrives damaged.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 02:31:19 AM »
It's a lot safer for sellers to use.

Yes, and no. Sure you have tracking so that you're guaranteed to have no refunds for not received, but if it's 'not as described', Pitney Bowes are not going to accept responsibility for a repacked item being damaged, or a MIP item being opened. So it's 50/50, really, even for sellers who it claims to protect.

Lol what!? Are MiP being opened sometimes?

I've heard some horror stories. Cards being bent to fit in smaller boxes, or the contents removed from the card or box to fit in smaller packaging. MIB items removed from the outer box with padding and the new label stuck to the actual box of the MIB item... items damaged when the original packaging was opened, sliced up and pieces lost. A doll collector friend of mine had a doll lot re-packed, there was doll hair caught in the packing tape! She is one of those anxious buyers who always gives sellers packaging instructions, etc, and the seller had sent pics through of them packed. She was quite upset, but Pitney Bowes didn't want to know about it. Honestly your local ebay community forums is a nest of GSP complaints, take a look.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 07:34:05 AM »
Actually, now that I think about it. Last year in the beginning of the year I won some very cheap MiB G2 ponies. But it was also though the GSP. Once I got the items, the cards were bent to fit in a too small for the back card box. So all the card edges were rounded. I gave the seller neutral feedback because of this, but after hearing this he can't help it. Oops! I thought the seller did this by himself :blush:
My wish list: Click here!.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal