collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro will have G1 art on display at Hascon  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hasbro will have G1 art on display at Hascon
« on: September 06, 2017, 12:03:05 PM »
I saw on Facebook that Hasbro will have some G1 art on display at Hascon.

There a fancy mermaid baby, Megan holding the Rainbow of light and a baby pony that might be Baby Firefly a Sweetheart Sister and some pony wear art. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro will have G1 art on display at Hascon
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 12:19:24 PM »
That's cool.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 12:33:01 PM »
Huh, that's unexpected.

Hopefully someone'll take photos of everything so those of us who aren't going to the con can see them :)

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 01:32:31 PM »
Huh, that's unexpected.

Hopefully someone'll take photos of everything so those of us who aren't going to the con can see them :)

I plan on taking photos of everything as well as going live on my instagram, @squiddiepie :)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 02:01:01 PM »
Would it be okay to share a screenshot of the post here?

Ponyfan

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 04:37:54 PM »
Interesting to know!
I'll def. be watching for the art they may post / keeping an eye in this thread. I would love to see it, the SHS stuff sounds especially interesting. I  hope they've dug up something we haven't seen!

But...why?

Why would they show G1 art at the hascon?
They kind of went out of their way to abolish our fair in specific hopes of getting RID of 'older gens' (1,2,3) and their fans, didn't they? (That was my understanding of it--fix if wrong) Plus, "obscure" stuff like ponywear that "mainstream" fans don't understand...and I wouldn't peg it as 'a hit' at a con like that. It just seems kind of odd to show something like that at their "new image new con" type of atmosphere & fans they want to cultivate.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »
^ I thought it was weird, too.. maybe they've realized the mistake they made in driving off the collectors and are trying to "win them back"? But it's kinda too late if that's what they're trying to do.. :s Who knows with Hasbro.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 05:01:30 PM »
^ I thought it was weird, too.. maybe they've realized the mistake they made in driving off the collectors and are trying to "win them back"? But it's kinda too late if that's what they're trying to do.. :s Who knows with Hasbro.

Who knows indeed? It'd be nice if  they'd realize that there's money to be made with all their fans like they do with their TF fans and that the G1,2,3 fans are more then just parent money. Too bad their attempts seem half-hearted.

More likely they're just trying to increase attendance period. Perhaps if they'd made it affordable, people would come.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 05:05:46 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »
Here's a screenshot of the post.

Ponyfan

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 07:41:23 PM »

Who knows indeed? It'd be nice if  they'd realize that there's money to be made with all their fans like they do with their TF fans and that the G1,2,3 fans are more then just parent money. Too bad their attempts seem half-hearted.

More likely they're just trying to increase attendance period. Perhaps if they'd made it affordable, people would come.

I too thought it strange that they have been making these kinds of announcements in the past several weeks when its way too late for people to plan that kind of time and money committment.  If they were going to have those kinds of g1 displays and guests, they should have made a big deal about it months ago.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »

I too thought it strange that they have been making these kinds of announcements in the past several weeks when its way too late for people to plan that kind of time and money committment.  If they were going to have those kinds of g1 displays and guests, they should have made a big deal about it months ago.

I agree with you, that they also should have given people time to prepare. They want way too much for this little shindig.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 08:27:34 PM »
I've wondered if HasCon is looking at a potentially big loss, myself. I saw (a couple weeks ago, I think) comments being made on their public/advertising posts that they were selling HasCon tickets on sale, use this code to get a 10% discount, come to HasCon! If you went through Groupon, you could get something like a 50% discount. Like, WHAT? That's wild, to me. I think they're seeing the number of tickets and realizing this isn't going to be the profit-monster they hoped it would be, so they're scrambling to fill the hall.

I'm curious to hear how this will all turn out, personally. I also got the feeling that they had no real interest in non-G4 pony stuff, but now I see them posting stuff about inviting G1 pony sculptors as guests of honor, and now this about the G1 art; why didn't we see this months ago, when they were so gung-ho to effectively destroy the Pony Fair to include it in their con? If they had come up with "here's some great G1 stuff we'll have!" during the planning, it wouldn't have seemed like Pony Fair was being so clearly obliterated. :/
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2017, 08:34:24 PM »
But...why?

I think it's because Hasbro has no idea how to run a con, and never stopped to ask themselves questions like "Who is our target audience?"

Like, they billed it as a family friendly event and then invited a bunch of rappers with NSFW songs . . . It doesn't really make sense, does it?  (Also, Chewbacca Mom.)

If you went through Groupon, you could get something like a 50% discount. Like, WHAT? That's wild, to me

One of the Transformers' fans pointed out that with Botcon, people who bought tickets early got something special.  (IIRC they got early access, and maybe a pin?)  Whereas with HasCon, your reward is . . . spending 50% more than you would have if you'd waited.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:39:20 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »
But...why?

Why would they show G1 art at the hascon?
They kind of went out of their way to abolish our fair in specific hopes of getting RID of 'older gens' (1,2,3) and their fans, didn't they? (That was my understanding of it--fix if wrong) Plus, "obscure" stuff like ponywear that "mainstream" fans don't understand...and I wouldn't peg it as 'a hit' at a con like that. It just seems kind of odd to show something like that at their "new image new con" type of atmosphere & fans they want to cultivate.

They're a corporation, and I suppose they finally noticed the money in the g1 nostalgia industry, so they're gonna try and milk it for every last cent, regardless of if it's coming from mainstream G4 fans or whoever. I don't think they're too afraid of alienating part of their audience with product diversity - G4 people will still buy G4 stuff from them, and if they think they can get money out of g1 people, more power to em I suppose.

Sorry if I sound harsh, it's late here ^^' I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I don't think hasbro has any personal vendetta against g1 fans, or really thinks about them at all, aside from sources of spare change. Again, not criticizing hasbro for that, that's business.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline centaurette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • i'm preparing to shine... from the inside, out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 10:37:47 PM »
They're a corporation, and I suppose they finally noticed the money in the g1 nostalgia industry, so they're gonna try and milk it for every last cent, regardless of if it's coming from mainstream G4 fans or whoever. I don't think they're too afraid of alienating part of their audience with product diversity - G4 people will still buy G4 stuff from them, and if they think they can get money out of g1 people, more power to em I suppose.

Sorry if I sound harsh, it's late here ^^' I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I don't think hasbro has any personal vendetta against g1 fans, or really thinks about them at all, aside from sources of spare change. Again, not criticizing hasbro for that, that's business.

my thoughts exactly. you know hasbro flipped out when they saw what some of their vintage plastic horses go for, and thought to themselves 'hmm, what can we do to draw these people in without distracting from our main franchise (fim)?'

it's nothing personal, because truthfully, what would they have against old collectors? it's just good business. that's why a lot of 'vintage'-styled MLP things (that entire primark clothing collection comes to mind, the journal, loyal subjects, etc) are suddenly on the rise. they're banking on those old collectors being excited and nostalgic about the old style and are using it to squeeze money from the old collectors. nostalgia is a powerful thing indeed.

i don't know anything about hascon but this is clearly supposed to lure old collectors to buy tickets to this convention in hopes of there being g1 stuff (which there probably won't be other than odd 'cameos' like this). it would make sense if the ticket sales are failing as badly as everyone here says they are.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal