collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro will have G1 art on display at Hascon  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro will have G1 art on display at Hascon
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:04 AM »
I got the impression that Hasbro wasn't interesting in having G1 stuff at Hascon either so I wonder if they realized they made a mistake by not having at least a few G1 things at Hascon. Without G1, there wouldn't be FIM. 

I cannot go to Hascon but what I've seen posted so far it looks like they're trying to promote all of their brands at once and by doing that losing sight of what makes a great/fun con and also not realizing that not everyone can afford such high prices for tickets and "add on" events.

If anyone is able to get pictures of the art. please share them with us. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:47:40 AM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 06:32:20 AM »
I think they're seeing the number of tickets and realizing this isn't going to be the profit-monster they hoped it would be, so they're scrambling to fill the hall.

-nodnod- My thoughts exactly.

It's gonna be interesting to see how it all turns out in the end, haha.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »
They're a corporation, and I suppose they finally noticed the money in the g1 nostalgia industry, so they're gonna try and milk it for every last cent, regardless of if it's coming from mainstream G4 fans or whoever. I don't think they're too afraid of alienating part of their audience with product diversity - G4 people will still buy G4 stuff from them, and if they think they can get money out of g1 people, more power to em I suppose.

Sorry if I sound harsh, it's late here ^^' I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I don't think hasbro has any personal vendetta against g1 fans, or really thinks about them at all, aside from sources of spare change. Again, not criticizing hasbro for that, that's business.

my thoughts exactly. you know hasbro flipped out when they saw what some of their vintage plastic horses go for, and thought to themselves 'hmm, what can we do to draw these people in without distracting from our main franchise (fim)?'

it's nothing personal, because truthfully, what would they have against old collectors? it's just good business. that's why a lot of 'vintage'-styled MLP things (that entire primark clothing collection comes to mind, the journal, loyal subjects, etc) are suddenly on the rise. they're banking on those old collectors being excited and nostalgic about the old style and are using it to squeeze money from the old collectors. nostalgia is a powerful thing indeed.

i don't know anything about hascon but this is clearly supposed to lure old collectors to buy tickets to this convention in hopes of there being g1 stuff (which there probably won't be other than odd 'cameos' like this). it would make sense if the ticket sales are failing as badly as everyone here says they are.

They flipped out? Ha! I sure would have liked to see that.

I genuinely don't think they have anything against the G1-G3 crowd either, considering the fact that they still advertise and make stuff for the first and third gen fans. G2 fans are the only ones getting the shaft.

Post Merge: September 07, 2017, 09:52:49 AM

Here's a screenshot of the post.

Ponyfan

That is SO stinkin cute! Aww, is that Baby Ember or Baby Lickety-split?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 09:57:14 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 11:50:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's Tiddley Winks.  She has freckles on her nose and she's drawn with "realistic" eyelashes, unlike most MLPs.   I think I've seen a purplish prototype of her in an old commercial.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 11:54:18 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's Tiddley Winks.  She has freckles on her nose and she's drawn with "realistic" eyelashes, unlike most MLPs.   I think I've seen a purplish prototype of her in an old commercial.

That sounds cute
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2017, 04:24:32 PM »
It looks like promo artwork for the Beddy-Bye Eye line, so could be Lickety-Split or Tiddley-Winks (Tiddley makes more sense w/freckles).
I have no idea what's going on down in Corporate HQ for Hasbro these days - seems like too many chefs seasoning the pot.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »
Now the My Little Pony page has posted a picture of a pink VHS with a drawing of Firefly on it advertising the  VIP ticket and movie sneak peak. :)

I didn't realize that was Baby Tiddley Winks in the corner. I thought it was Ember at first too.

Ponyfan

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 07:03:19 PM »
The picture with Megan and Baby Firefly was used on a VHS of either Rescue at Midnight Castle or Escape from Catrina.  (I think RaMC but I can't remember.)  :)

The funny thing is that Baby Firefly isn't in EITHER special; also, the drawing is a tracing from the scene at the end of Escape from Catrina.  ("Baby Firefly" is traced from Baby Moondancer.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 07:19:16 PM »
Thanks LadyMoondancer. I was wondering where that picture of Megan and Baby Firefly came from. :) Why would Hasbro would go through the trouble of tracing the scene and replacing Baby Moondancer with Baby Firefly though?  I just pulled out my Catrina VHS and there's a picture of Medley on it.   :lol:

Ponyfan

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 04:17:59 PM »
Tfw2005.com, a transformers collector site, is posting tons of pics from hascon 0f 2018 upcoming transformers stuff today.  Anyway to find out what hascon has pony-wise?

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »
Yep TF World 2005 boards are awash in the new Transformers figures,plenty of them are call backs to G1. Being a TF fan, though mostly Bayverse. It's fantastic to see what's coming out and frustrating as well. Because G1 for MLP is massively over looked by Hasbro. Nothing new there but still annoying.

Especially when we, the fans of G1 here get crumbs. While G1 Transformers get all kinds of new shiny things. And continued support of the G1 brand.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 09:11:16 PM »
Tfw2005.com, a transformers collector site, is posting tons of pics from hascon 0f 2018 upcoming transformers stuff today.  Anyway to find out what hascon has pony-wise?

I'm posting a lot of pics on my instagram, it's @octocorn. I did multiple pics of the art in each post, so you'll have to scroll right to see all of them!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 10:37:59 PM »
Thanks octocorn. :) I love the art.

Ponyfan

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2017, 06:29:02 AM »

I'm posting a lot of pics on my instagram, it's @octocorn. I did multiple pics of the art in each post, so you'll have to scroll right to see all of them!

Thanks for posting those.  I really enjoyed seeing them :)

bonjourrica

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2017, 09:47:43 AM »
Thank U Octocorn,i really enjoyed seeing the G1 art too :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal