collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Around the World Book- Debra Birge, are you here?  (Read 996 times)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
My Little Pony Around the World Book- Debra Birge, are you here?
« on: September 05, 2017, 02:11:28 PM »
So let's pretend that I own this book. And let's pretend that at some point, without me noticing, this book got wet, the pages stuck together, and there is no way to save it. Let's also pretend that I got this at the Pony Fair in Minnesota in 2006,  my mother bought it for me, I have loads of good memories invested in this book, and I'm a little bit distraught.
My book was (is) also signed, and I would like to get it signed again. I'm already shopping for one on Amazon, it turns out it will be easy to replace. So I think what this post is asking for is that DB emerges from the fog and lets me know who and where she is, so I can ask her if I can get my book signed again and what the best way to do that is.

But since that seems really selfish, while I wait, tell me about the first time you found a pony identification guide. Was it awesome? Or had they always existed?
My first one is the other Debra Birge one, The World of My Little Pony, and I found it while mucking around in the collecting section of Barnes and Noble. I may have cried right there in the store. This was when the internet and Ebay were still new-ish, and many many people didn't have internet in their homes, including me. I had printed out all of Dream Valley, but here it was, in printed form with pretty colored pictures and a price guide! I know it's hard to remember a time when price checks and pony values weren't common, but it was a dark time- though it was also a time of twenty-five cent tags on ponies at yard sales, so there were some glimmers of light.
But Miss Birge was the glimmeryest of the light. She was like a beacon in a dark sea of fakies and flea markets. Thank you, Debra.

Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony Around the World Book- Debra Birge, are you here?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »
I'm so sorry about your book. I love books and hate it when one gets damaged.

My first pony guide that I found online was Dream Valley. I spent hours looking all the pages and trying to find the ponies I had in my childhood collection. I remember being a little upset when I found out how much SS Twilight was going for. I had her but she got left at my Grandma's house and one years later I was going to take her home with me and she was gone. I also found out Starshine's official name as someone had given her to me when they outgrew ponies so I made up a name for her.

My first printed guide was Summer's G1 Collector's  Inventory. I had to order it online because Barnes and Noble didn't carry it in the store but I spent many happy hours pouring over the pages and learning a lot of things about My Little Pony that I didn't know. I still look at it from time to time. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 03:29:28 PM »
Deb's username here is Gypsy. She does pop up from time to time.

I have her latest Nirvana guide, I bought it from her directly on her website. But I only have Summer's books on the US line. I got those copies online too, there's no way I'd be able to pick them up in person over here. Before that it was Dream Valley, and My Little Pony Collector dot com for their awesome checklists, which sadly are gone. I still have printed copies, but my harddrive died and I lost the digital copies, although I have personalised spreadsheets now, so I'm okay on that front really, I'm just sad for the nostalgia!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 05:17:17 PM »
Ha ha!  I still have Dream Valley printed out and in a binder from almost 20 years ago!  I remember being afraid my parents would notice all the ink being used up in the printer and afraid they would ask what all I had printed.  Then I got Debra's books.  As I get a new pony I take a highlighter and Mark them off.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 05:43:35 PM »
Deb's username here is Gypsy. She does pop up from time to time.

I have her latest Nirvana guide, I bought it from her directly on her website. But I only have Summer's books on the US line. I got those copies online too, there's no way I'd be able to pick them up in person over here. Before that it was Dream Valley, and My Little Pony Collector dot com for their awesome checklists, which sadly are gone. I still have printed copies, but my harddrive died and I lost the digital copies, although I have personalised spreadsheets now, so I'm okay on that front really, I'm just sad for the nostalgia!

Do PM or email her, I'm sure she would be happy to help! :)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »
Oh, hooray! Thank you so much! Now i can relax a little and read all your nostalgia!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 02:46:42 PM »
I have one of Debra's very first guides, spiral bound, with a collage of photographs on the front cover.  All the ponies were posed in front of a lamp, I think!  Oh, the notes and comments and info I have added to that book over the years...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal