collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me deflocked ponies!!  (Read 2750 times)

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Show me deflocked ponies!!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 10:47:24 PM »
Love the crumpet pic, Breyer!

Thanks! 

I love how bright Best Wishes, Twist  and Twilight's bodies under the flocking/after the flocking is removed. :)

Ponyfan

Yes, their colors really pop.  In fact, Twist is probably my favorite deflock.

Taffy is so perfectly yellowed that, well I think I like her better that way. :)

The flocking gives the ponies a softer, rounded and sleepy look. But I love the bright, wild colors underneath some of them too.

The yellowing is one of the biggest reasons I wanted to have a complete set of deflocks.  Taffy and Angel really illustrate the problem.

They are lovely without the flocking, but count me in on the beyond repair deflocking candidate camp.

Oh, yes, I searched hard to find ones that had severe flocking loss or major stains that couldn't be removed before deflocking any.  For instance, this was the seller's pic of Magic Star:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Then, I also deflocked this one before selling her:

I tend to forget to take before pictures; so, I don't have many for the others.  I remember Taffy had practically no flocking left at all except on her head and Buttons had a huge brown stain on the side of her face.

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 11:14:10 PM »
Wow, Breyer600 they are all stunning!! I am dying for a deflocked Hippity Hop, she looks so good.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 03:45:53 AM »
I think there is a line between deflock damage level and well worn, but that said I think that deflocking is the one form of 'customisation' that I don't find too bothersome. Generally because it usually improves the condition of a damaged pony in a way that allows them to be presentable without replacing any part of their original self (so no new hair, no new symbols, etc).

I genuinely don't understand the logic of deflocking the ones that have regular versions as an official release, though. I mean, it's fine, but seems like a lot of work to go to to get a pony that Hasbro already made :/ Wind Whistler I understand because her symbol is different, and Magic Star has a different pose, but Shady, Buttons and North Star seems like a wasted effort to me and Gusty even more so. Cupcake and Truly are also easily mistaken for their regular counterparts.

On the flip of that, deflocks of Ribbon and Lofty and Paradise need to be more widespread because hasbro didn't ever make them and should have. Paradise they fair promised us but didn't deliver, so it's lovely to see good deflocks of her.

I have the Brazilian Twist, Ribbon and Paradise and the colours are beautiful on them. I really want a deflock of Twist one day, though, and also Fifi because they look so nice with their original base colours. I have a deflocked Ribbon and I imagine that she looks exactly as hasbro might have released her had she made the cut for the movie star set (I genuinely believe she almost did). I still really want a nice Lofty deflock because Lofty appeared in the Uk stories but we never had SS ponies, so I feel like that's still a hole in my collection I need to fill. I am picky about the hair, though - I had an almost deflocked one once but her hair was so bad I couldn't keep her.

I have a Cupcake someone deflocked for me as a gift long before we knew there was a regular version of Cupcake but I'm not selling her. I also have beautiful Hippety Hop, Twilight and Best Wishes deflocked by Artie for me. I think some of these SS ponies that didn't get regular versions are a major oversight by Hasbro. If only we had had some of them without fur in the UK...sigh.

In any case, amazing pictures, people.

A couple of mine (with a friend ;))

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 03:53:33 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 07:04:36 AM »
Drooling over your Ribbon, Taffeta. OT But your Cherry Treats is just gorgeous!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 07:25:37 AM »
Drooling over your Ribbon, Taffeta. OT But your Cherry Treats is just gorgeous!

I admit I love that Ribbon, she's everything I imagined Ribbon would be as a child, except of course Hasbro didn't make her ;)

And thanks on the Cherry Treats ;) She's actually a childhood pony. For some reason the Chinese ones don't discolour as easily as the Hong Kong ones, which is a bonus...the white and red is so pretty together but I've really struggled to find a HK made one who is still white :'(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 08:35:03 AM »
They're beautiful Taffeta! I agree, there isn't much point in deflocking ponies that had regular versions. With that said, I have a Wind Whistler and a North Star that were rescued from a preschool. They are both in awful shape from years of play and daily bleaching so I've been trying to deflock them just so they look decent but their remaining flocking is being difficult to remove.  >_<

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 10:10:24 AM »

I genuinely don't understand the logic of deflocking the ones that have regular versions as an official release, though. I mean, it's fine, but seems like a lot of work to go to to get a pony that Hasbro already made :/ Wind Whistler I understand because her symbol is different, and Magic Star has a different pose, but Shady, Buttons and North Star seems like a wasted effort to me and Gusty even more so. Cupcake and Truly are also easily mistaken for their regular counterparts.

Well, if you live in a country that didn't get a regular release and are willing to do the deflock yourself, then it's much easier not to mention cheaper to track down a baity SS than it is to find a good condition normal one from overseas.  For ones like Gusty that had a normal US release, I agree that there's little point in deflocking.  I have deflocked a Posey, but that's because what little flocking she had (and it wasn't much) was all clumped like pilled material and looked simply horrendous. 

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 10:19:43 AM »

Well, if you live in a country that didn't get a regular release and are willing to do the deflock yourself, then it's much easier not to mention cheaper to track down a baity SS than it is to find a good condition normal one from overseas.

Thank you for not calling them NSS <3.

I guess I see that, but the risk of confusion between the two is pretty problematic unless you mark the hoof after, in which case you're damaging the pony and I have some conflict about doing that - obviously it needs to happen with customised ponies or altered ponies that could be confused with regular issue ones but it still seems more trouble than it's worth.

I also understand deflocking the truly wrecked ones to give them a semblance of life. But the regular release movie star ponies are not so expensive, the £ is weak against the $ and there are tons of them already over in North America thanks to years of trading across the pond, so yeah, I still think it seems like more work than it's worth to do. But then I guess if you like deflocking..?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »
Mmm.. my opinion on deflocking ponies that also have NSS counterparts released is.. I dunno. I'm a bit "what's the point?" about it too, for the ones whose NSS counterparts are exactly the same as their SS versions and are more easily available (like - with Wind Whistler I get it since her colours differed between versions, not to mention the different symbols; with Buttons it's like, well, why not just get the NSS ver from overseas and save yourself the trouble?). For the ones whose NSS versions are harder to find (like Cupcake and.. Truly, right?) I get it, but I do think there should be some indication made that the pony is a deflock (marking the hooves, for example) so as to prevent confusion and/or scams. (Marking the hooves wouldn't bother me in this case - you're already altering the pony by removing the flocking, what difference does a hoof-mark make at this point?) Particularly, like I said, for the ones whose NSS counterparts are much harder to get a hold of.

But then, if we're talking about SS ponies whose flocking really has seen better days and there's no hope of saving it, then it makes sense to me to remove it even if the pony is pretty easy to find without flocking. You know? I dunno. Whatever makes people happy, haha.

(Oh - and if anyone has the rarer NSS ponies like Truly, Cupcake etc they want to share, feel free to post them too :) I don't see a lot of them around.)

..but anyway, enough of my rambling..

OMG these are all so beautiful!! Thanks for sharing, everyone <3 <3 :frolic: :frolic:

Breyer600 - your girls are all so beautiful <3 I love seeing them next to their flocked counterparts. Gosh they look so much nicer without flocking though!! Their colours are so bright and lovely!! <3 Especially Twist and Scrumptious (I always forget how lovely she is! I tend to overlook So Softs since I'm not a fan but OMG she's so cute!!!), and aaaaa those rearing poses <3333 And that Crumpet pic is adorable!!

Twist's such a lovely and unique colour, I wish they hadn't hidden it behind flocking ^^; Are there any other ponies that particular shade of purple? None are coming to mind, hm.

Taffeta - your girls are lovely too!! Especially that Ribbon, omg <3 Deflocked Ribbon has been one of my major grails for years - her baby was one of my first G1s and she really needs a mum.. hopefully one day XD

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 03:04:28 PM »
Here are mine alongside their flocked sisters:

They are beautiful! I especially like your deflocked Fifi & Crumpet. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 05:56:25 PM »
Poor Magic Star looks like she got punched in the eyeball.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 01:54:00 AM »
Yesterday l deflocked a bait Paradise and a Skipitty Doo and they came out pretty easily... l am happy cause l heard SD was a bit hard to deflock
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2017, 05:00:25 AM »
This thread is increasing my want to deflock my bait Wind Whistler and seek others like Best Wishes and Twilight. They are so pretty!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal