collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is This? Mystery Pony?  (Read 1548 times)

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What is This? Mystery Pony?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 03:58:30 PM »
Why has its face been squashed in? It looks like someone poked the packaging.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2017, 10:47:18 PM »
Oh my gosh, that little guy is cute in a "so ugly it's cute" kinda way :P  With the buggy eyes and everything.
Pretty cool though, to have hippogryph toys upcoming!! I'm excited to see what other little pets they will come with- I guess flying things like insects and birds?

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 06:56:59 AM »
What is this?
It could be disappointment.

I understand they want hippogriff stuff, and I like the big action figure guy...but this doesn't look like anything at all much. I mean, aside from the horrible glaring eye issue/it looks nothing like the picture of the creature on the package.

Hippogriff:
Front half of an eagle with claw feet, long neck, eagle type face.
Back half of a horse with horse rump, hooves, legs & tail

But this little...creature...
It has PAWS on the back feet & the head is structured like Spike but with a mane.

Ok, so the 'movie hippogriffs' aren't sticking to the "real Myth" animal because they have a mane and the face is horsier and there's no real big apparent eagle beak, and the eagle feet are also much reduced to stubby 'toes'. Ok so they're 'cutiefied', that's to be expected but......the baby toy is just kind of a puppy? With a few feathers sculpted on? Why even try to say it's a hippogriff?

I mean, I really applaud them making new kinds of people.
Hippogriffs are cool! I want the action figure one! I would totally welcome brushable hippogriffs (cause if there's 1 there's got to be more) but it'd have to actually LOOK LIKE something. I also don't see how they could put that toy in the package with the portrait of the baby there right next to it and say "yep. looks the same. just as cute."

I do agree that it's a little strange that the little baby has four paws/claws instead of hooves in the back.  Stratus Skyranger has hooves in the back doesn't he?  Or am I just not remembering that correctly?   But I do love that they have manes in addition to tails.  So maybe Hasbro just took the idea of a being described as half horse/half bird and came up with their own combination of features instead of the traditional split down the belly with the front part being bird and the back half being horse.  Does that make sense?

And, yeah the eyes.  They are super cute when displayed from the side which is how I have all my baby seaponies displayed.  But I agree that I don't understand why, if they are going to make the faces front facing, they don't also make the eyes front facing.

But still, super excited about Hippogriffs and really hoping for some brushable ones.  I bet there will be a playset, too.

Post Merge: September 06, 2017, 07:01:02 AM

Oh my gosh, that little guy is cute in a "so ugly it's cute" kinda way :P  With the buggy eyes and everything.
Pretty cool though, to have hippogryph toys upcoming!! I'm excited to see what other little pets they will come with- I guess flying things like insects and birds?

Well, you know at least one will get a butterfly.  With mlp it's like mandatory ;)

I wonder if they will all get different little cloud homes like the seaponies all get different shells?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:01:02 AM by Sunset »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 10:54:28 AM »
It seems to have its eyes applied wrong?   But is otherwise cute. Except it doesn't look like a hippogriff. Looks like a LPS animal, which appears to be the direction they are going for the smaller toys?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal