collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 people, how are your rollerskaters doing these days? (wheel plastic aging?)  (Read 744 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I'm preparing a rollerskating Melody to sell. She used to work perfectly but when I tried her now she won't roll although the mechanism is in working order.
I can wind her up by pulling back the wheels but when I put her down she is just standing there while the wheels spin. It seems the plastic in the mechanism wheels has aged and hardened so the problem is they no longer "grip" the surface.

Are all rollerskaters like this or are yours still working? I'm going to check mine but I don't have them all at hand right now, the only other one I have at hand is a mib.
Is there a way to fix it? The wheel needs more friction so I'm thinking a thin rubber band around it? Or double sided tape?

How much will it take her value down? I was so happy to be able to offer a near perfect complete and working rollerskater and then it turns out she won't move  >_<
-

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
They move?  All of mine have mostly decayed rubber wheels so I have been extra extra careful with them!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Yeah, they were designed to move.

I wonder if there is some kind of lubricant you could use that will not erode the wheels?

Overall, I don't think it makes much of a difference if they move or not, pricewise.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
None of mine work. They don't even wind up any more. I just have to push them (yes, of course I play with my roller skating ponies!). I actually thought that working roller skate ponies simply didn't exist any more.

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Two of mine worked the last time I checked them- granted, that was  a year ago. I just sold one of them, but I'll check the other one tonight. But I have had non-functioning ones, too.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
None of mine work. They don't even wind up any more. I just have to push them (yes, of course I play with my roller skating ponies!). I actually thought that working roller skate ponies simply didn't exist any more.

Last I checked ours all still worked. We had them all from new, Melody probably the most recently and she got the least play out of the three. Hip Hop is in storage now but when I go home I'll test Melody and Jazzie and see if they still go. I don't recall them having problems with their wheels hardening though I have seen this on ones I've picked up second hand :/ also broken off wheels.

The mechanism on ours is definitely fine, but I didn't think of that as a problem...needing new tires o.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
Mine are the same - hardened wheels and don't move - and all the extras I have had were like that too. Didn't have any of them from new so have never seen them move :(
Oh, and some of them have also lost the "rubber" on the friction wheels.

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
I got Melody to go about 5cms! All three of mine wind up but only Melody moves and only a little. Their wheels are rock solid so I don't think they're getting enough grip. I only tried on carpet and MDF - it was the wood that worked for Melody.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal