collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Grand Champion Horses Back?  (Read 6566 times)

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are Grand Champion Horses Back?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 02:55:59 PM »
Yeah I think you're right Storminess_1, they have the same rugs and everything. It's interesting that they seem to be giving the new GCs less realistic very long manes and tails, similar to Barbie horses, but I think it does suit some of them.

It is still mysterious when/whether these will actually be made available, because I've tried emailing them so many times seeking information and haven't heard back at all  :pout:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 05:34:19 PM »
Yeah I think you're right Storminess_1, they have the same rugs and everything. It's interesting that they seem to be giving the new GCs less realistic very long manes and tails, similar to Barbie horses, but I think it does suit some of them.

It is still mysterious when/whether these will actually be made available, because I've tried emailing them so many times seeking information and haven't heard back at all  :pout:

Same here. Not a peep.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 07:42:28 AM »
I was browsing Grand Champions on ebay and I came across some horses titled 2017 Preproduction Grand Champions. They have the GC logo on them, but they're on moulds I've never seen before. The legs are disproportionately short and some of them don't even have hair. (Plus the prices are outrageous!)

What do you guys make of that? I'm equal parts suspicious, confused and hopeful.

Of course defunct and older versions of toylines have been making a comeback. Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:55:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2018, 09:46:38 PM »
The "Feed N' Groom Stable" looks just like the stable I still have from childhood, except that it's different colors. I'm not sure if I have the grey horse that's with it, though. But that indicates to me that maybe they're re-releasing stuff?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2018, 11:38:54 AM »
The "Feed N' Groom Stable" looks just like the stable I still have from childhood, except that it's different colors. I'm not sure if I have the grey horse that's with it, though. But that indicates to me that maybe they're re-releasing stuff?

Perhaps?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2018, 11:35:45 AM »
Oh yes I loved these horses! I stated to collect them after G1 Ponies stopped showing up in the stores. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 06:13:28 AM »
I was looking on ebay for Grand Champions. And found four 2017 Preproduction horses with names and hair. The colors are kinda strange and the markings are large and faded.

Black Shadow-black with grayish white hair.

Mystery-Gray with white hair. Most normal looking and kinda generic.

Wildfire-Palomino going gray? Champagne wanna-be?

Free Spirit-Flaxen liver chestnut? Silver bay?

They kinda look more like Kid Kore horses then GC. Although 3 of the 4 have the GC brand on them. Perhaps some of the old Kid Kore designers are working on these?

No moulds actually associated with the brand yet like we've seen on the website. Thankfully I don't see any Horse Country moulds either. No mares or foals yet. I kinda like Free Spirit's colors. I guess I could put up with the stubby legs and thick, weirdly arched neck.

Has anyone seen anything else?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:34:57 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2018, 05:29:41 PM »
I was looking on ebay for Grand Champions. And found four 2017 Preproduction horses with names and hair. The colors are kinda strange and the markings are large and faded.

Black Shadow-black with grayish white hair.

Mystery-Gray with white hair. Most normal looking and kinda generic.

Wildfire-Palomino going gray? Champagne wanna-be?

Free Spirit-Flaxen liver chestnut? Silver bay?

They kinda look more like Kid Kore horses then GC. Although 3 of the 4 have the GC brand on them. Perhaps some of the old Kid Kore designers are working on these?

No moulds actually associated with the brand yet like we've seen on the website. Thankfully I don't see any Horse Country moulds either. No mares or foals yet. I kinda like Free Spirit's colors. I guess I could put up with the stubby legs and thick, weirdly arched neck.

Has anyone seen anything else?

I saw these! I wonder if they'll actually make these. If they do my life will be complete. :angel:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 05:34:34 PM by BubbleTea »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2018, 06:43:12 AM »
I would love to see Grand Champions back! I had several as a kid, with most being the mom and foal poses in different colors. They were the first time I was told by my parents that I wasn't allowed to have any toy that did an action, because I'm supposed to use my imagination with toys. So I couldn't have any of the horses with moving parts. I had one that made galloping sounds, but it was dirty with cut hair so I think I found it on the ground or got it in a thrift store away from my mother's watchful eye, haha. Her policy on this toy ideology was very on-an-off anyway, since I received stuff like Barbies and Lion King stuff for Christmas which I'm sure often times had motion or sound. It was just the Grand Champions I remember her being very militant about for some reason?

However, something about this website seems awfully fishy to me. You can't buy anything and all the social media links lead nowhere. Even if the website was still under construction, you'd think they would have set up all their social media outlets first to drum up interest in their new company on other platforms. I'm willing to bet that's what most startups do. But I looked and there's nothing on twitter or facebook about this. Secondly, some of the photos and packaging for these toys looks rather dated. The hairstyles and clothing of the kids on some of the package photography gives it away. Not to mention these images are often low-quality and grainy which is not something you'll see in a modern toy sales site.

Spoiler

It would be so fun to see the Grand Champions back, but I'm thinking this website is just some budding web designer's mock-up to potential design clients.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2018, 07:21:48 AM »
I agree Stellaluna. It's very fishy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal