collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Grand Champion Horses Back?  (Read 6547 times)

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Are Grand Champion Horses Back?
« on: September 01, 2017, 05:01:07 AM »
Who else here used to collect 'Grand Champions'?

As a child I had a huge herd of them, now I just have one left, but they were really special to me and I always keep an eye out for them. I was doing some browsing on the 'ol net and came across something quite surprising:

http://buyusatoys.com/product-category/grand-champion/

New Grand Champions that look very much like these models when they were in their prime owned by Marchon/Empire/Revell. Anyone who knows a lot about these models will be aware that they got sold off to another company, repackaged, some *terrible* new poses were made that looked anatomically awful, and the whole line went down the pan. This was several years ago and I never dreamed they'd make a come back, so I'm very excited!

Some of these models look really lovely and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few. Has anyone in the US seen these in the shops yet (I'm in the UK) - I emailed the company asking where they can be bought but haven't heard back.

I hope this excites anyone else who has a soft spot for Grand Champions  :)

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Are Grand Champion Horses Back?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:54:40 AM »
I used to love those and the new ones do very much look like the originals :D  Some of my favs were the "feed n' nuzzle" sets.  I'm in the USA and I have not seen them yet, though I have not been in a toy aisle recently so it's possible they are out already :)  Thanks for sharing!
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline alaskaallie

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 08:34:30 AM »
Oh I had SO many of those as a kid, I especially loved the small ones... some of them had such pretty moulds. Oh no, now I'm regretting losing them/giving them away  :cry: The new ones really do look like the old ones! I have not seen them anywhere but I doubt I would, it seems like nothing shows up here. I may have to look for them when I go back to the US next year, as I could definitely do with a package of the super tiny ones- the foals look like the same moulds! I also remember the "feed n' nuzzle" set... I'm definitely excited and never would have thought to look this brand up, so thanks  ^.^
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:46:36 AM by alaskaallie »

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 09:17:31 AM »
I loved the FNN sets too, Brightglowpony! My first GC was an appaloosa FNN called 'Moon Rising', I got him for my 10th or 11th birthday I believe.

Alaskaallie, I hope that GCs do come back to Europe, but I'm not sure because they're owned by an American brand now. When they were owned by Revell there were so many in UK toy shops :( I hope that they do distribute them outside of the US because I'd love to own a few myself. I keep an eye out for the second hand but they are pretty hard to come by these days actually :/

Offline alaskaallie

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 09:28:55 AM »
I don't think I ever saw them second hand either.... well I fully expect to be ordering some of the microminis online/getting my parents to send them to me. I can't resist the nostalgia or the pretty light purple packaging. I will certainly keep an eye out anyway! :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 09:31:01 AM »
I still collect.

I don't know. I'd be thrilled if they did make a comeback. :frolic: I haven't seen these.  Although some of them do look awfully familiar.

Are you sure this isn't just someone who is selling off extras? Its been a long time since the company sunk their own ship after all. Is this an online toy company? Or a private one? Has a defunct toy company ever come back and resurrected their own brand before?  :wonder:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 09:49:59 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 10:50:38 AM »
Leave a Whisper, I'm pretty sure it's legit, but I might be wrong. If you look on the 'Our Brands' page they also have Empire Toys, Gearbox, Big Wheel and Classic Thoroughbreds, which I believe were all brands under the same company years ago. So maybe they've bought them all out.

Also if you look on the packaging of the GCs, it says '20th Anniversary' as if they're re-launching the brand. I've looked through all of the models several time and none of them are copies of past models, but they are using the same poses and editions such as FNN, Sound 'n Action etc.

I hope they are coming back because they look a lot better that the last dregs and some of these models look very nice :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »
I sure hope your right! I'm so excited! I may hafta try and get one soon. :heart: Can their website be ordered from?

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 11:39:17 AM »
At the moment it doesn't seem like you can, but there is a cart button so I wonder if it's under construction? If they're serious about it though I'm sure they'll turn up in chain toy shops. Fingers crossed!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 11:54:41 AM »
I had three Grand Champions growing up. Two foals and one full size. I know I had Maple Sugar and a white foal that started with an M maybe Mischief? I can't remember my full size Grand Champions name but I remember his card mentioned fox hunting.  I gave them away to someone that liked horses though. If I found these new Grand Champions I'd buy them again. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 01:44:56 PM »
I had three Grand Champions growing up. Two foals and one full size. I know I had Maple Sugar and a white foal that started with an M maybe Mischief? I can't remember my full size Grand Champions name but I remember his card mentioned fox hunting.  I gave them away to someone that liked horses though. If I found these new Grand Champions I'd buy them again. :)

Ponyfan

Fox Croft? Was he a fleabit gray?

Post Merge: September 01, 2017, 01:45:47 PM

At the moment it doesn't seem like you can, but there is a cart button so I wonder if it's under construction? If they're serious about it though I'm sure they'll turn up in chain toy shops. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for letting us know about this. They're my favorite model horse brand ever!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 02:00:52 PM »
Thanks Leave a Whisper. :)  :frolic: It was Fox Croft. For some reason I can never remember his name.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 02:03:16 PM »
Thanks Leave a Whisper. :)  :frolic: It was Fox Croft. For some reason I can never remember his name.

Ponyfan

Welcome. I used to own him as a child. He and his family are good looking horses.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 03:19:51 PM »
I didn't Fox Croft had a family. :) I don't think I've ever seen them.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 04:42:55 PM »
I didn't Fox Croft had a family. :) I don't think I've ever seen them.

Ponyfan

I don't remember what his foal's name is atm, but his mare is Wild Alice.

The Mini Pinto and western rider has really caught my eye. I do remember my GC Minis having awful hair. Is there any you guys are after?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:54:05 PM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal