collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: seller cancelled my order?  (Read 4775 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: seller cancelled my order?
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 03:14:23 PM »
Should we send him/her a bunch of angry messages? Maybe he will remove the auction as a whole out of shame?

Lol - thanks, Pierlala for your support - and enthusiasm!

I know it may seem tempting, and whilst I appreciate the sentiment of raising pitchforks in protest I think it is perhaps not the wisest action :)  It might just inflame things unnecessarily now and as you say, plenty of people will be aware of the situation now so the chances of that lot being bought, especially at that price, is slim. 

For want of a better word, throwing insults at the seller in that manner at its core is bullying, which I don't wish to support or encourage. I know I was screwed over with that sale, but what is done is done and I've peacefully moved on :)  One way of looking at it is that now that people are aware of what happened, it's unlikely she'll get a sale and that's kind of a comeuppance in itself. Thank you though, for your support on what happened to me - it is appreciated!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 08:31:37 AM »
Should we send him/her a bunch of angry messages? Maybe he will remove the auction as a whole out of shame?

I know it may seem tempting, and whilst I appreciate the sentiment of raising pitchforks in protest I think it is perhaps not the wisest action :)  It might just inflame things unnecessarily now and as you say, plenty of people will be aware of the situation now so the chances of that lot being bought, especially at that price, is slim. 

For want of a better word, throwing insults at the seller in that manner at its core is bullying, which I don't wish to support or encourage. I know I was screwed over with that sale, but what is done is done and I've peacefully moved on :)  One way of looking at it is that now that people are aware of what happened, it's unlikely she'll get a sale and that's kind of a comeuppance in itself. Thank you though, for your support on what happened to me - it is appreciated!

I totally agree with you on this Marlin.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 08:42:02 AM »

Lol, I didn't mean to curse her out and use swear words. But more like put her in her place and let her know it's a really sly thing to do.

But it was written in the heat of the moment. :)
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2017, 12:28:39 PM »
I know, and understand :)  Believe me when I say that at the time of the cancellation (when I'd been given no further excuse or reason other than "I want to include accessories") I wanted to say a lot more than I did. I was pretty angry at the time. And then to find out she'd listed on esty at thrice the price.... But it wouldn't have been very constructive and I have found over the years it's best to sit back and settle a bit before firing things out in the heat of the moment. I still don't think any of that excuses how she handled it (even if she is being truthful) but I try (and it's not always easy!) to be philosophical about these things  :) 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2017, 03:23:36 PM »
It's a pity that there are people like that out there Marlin and that you had to deal with one of them. You have a great attitude about it however!

I personally don't believe her. She could have offered you that reasonable explanation in the beginning but didn't; so it is more probably a plausible excuse that she has thought up in the mean time. And the fact that she has listed the seaponies for sale on another forum is, for me, further proof that she is well aware that she should have honoured her agreement with you but didn't want to be called out on it by eBay. Because there is nothing much that eBay can do about it in this instance. Sneaky.

Exactly this. If that were the reason then the first thing that would have happened would have been a whoops, sorry, made a mistake on the BIN price email at the time of cancellation. I think a wrong price is technically "error in the listing" and not "out of stock" so that's fishy to begin with. Also they asked you for information etc before cancelling so that suggests some kind butter-in send a PM to them telling them that it was worth more than they listed it for (why do people do that? Sellers should do their own research, and it never ends well). And relisting it on another site indicates them trying to hide the relist, rather than just relisting it on ebay with the higher price.

If they were telling the truth they would have acted entirely differently. They didn't know the value, someone told them, everything since then has been an attempt to cover up what is in fact blatant greed. I find the convenient "other person to blame" excuse has been well worn over the years, too.

But I am glad you have made peace with it and moved on. And as you say, it is known about here now, where her potential buyers lurk.

Also I think that a lot of these sellers don't realise we talk to each other about stuff like this. Sure, we're not the whole of the potential bidding market, but if a large proportion of potential buyers are put off by a flaky seller's tactics then the chances of sales now or in the future diminish.

I often think such sellers should be pointed in the direction of discussions like this, just to understand how much money they potentially lose by trying to be greedy. I also think they think we're all such gullible folk that we'll just throw money at anything pony-shaped. Reality is most of us won't, and we like our sellers to be trustworthy, honest and reliable. I'd much rather have an honest seller who makes a mistake but fixes it than one who lies and tries to cover their tracks. I recently had a GSP lot where one half didn't get sent and another when the seller accidentally sent the box to the wrong person. In both cases the sellers worked hard to rectify the issues. They were honest and upfront about them and in both cases the ponies did get to me, even though they were a bit delayed.

I think most of us can deal with sellers making genuine mistakes, so long as they are honest.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal