collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: seller cancelled my order?  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: seller cancelled my order?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2017, 06:43:01 AM »
Well, thanks to a kind heads up from a member here, I guess I have confirmation that the seller regretted the buy now price. The exact lot is now up on etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/555415945/my-little-pony-vintage-g1-sea-ponies?ref=hp_rv

There are no 'extra accessories' (that they cited as the reason for cancelling the sale) and the price is now about three times more than the buy now was.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am so sorry. That isn't right. :(  Can you report them to Esty also?

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2017, 07:12:24 AM »
Well, thanks to a kind heads up from a member here, I guess I have confirmation that the seller regretted the buy now price. The exact lot is now up on etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/555415945/my-little-pony-vintage-g1-sea-ponies?ref=hp_rv

There are no 'extra accessories' (that they cited as the reason for cancelling the sale) and the price is now about three times more than the buy now was.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am so sorry. That isn't right. :(  Can you report them to Esty also?

Ponyfan

Grr how annoying.  :enraged:

Etsy will not do anything so I wouldn't waste your time trying.    :sad:  on etsy sellers can cancel an order for whatever reason they like really.

Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2017, 12:15:54 PM »
Thanks for the updates... :(  Sorry to hear this!

I wish someone could publically ask the question about the lot on the Etsy sale but I know those questions don't show up for other buyers...  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2017, 12:58:04 PM »
I agree with the others who say to report it to Ebay, but what would the consequences be for something like this?

It figures they would jack up the price. The accessories excuse was such a transparent lie.

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »
 :enraged: Ughhh how annoying Marlin! They really should've honoured the buy now and given you your ponies instead of going onto sell them for more than you paid. I think reporting to ebay and etsy is the best course of action because those are meant to be for you.

Thanks for warning us of this shady seller.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 07:12:15 PM »
Thanks again, everyone - it's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this is totally shifty!

I see she has updated the etsy auction since I last looked at it - now there are a few brushes and ribbons, and a much more in depth description (beforehand it was word for word the ebay description not detailing the ponies at all).

Still... listing it somewhere else and hiking the price that amount... mega thumbs down!  :throw:

I'm sure my friend karma will eventually play its part. I can only shake my head and laugh about this now  :rolleyes: :)

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 07:19:40 PM »
Oh no I hate to hear this and was hoping this was not the case :(   It truly is poor form.  Thank you for letting us know about this seller, and I hope you are able to get the sea ponies from a more reputable person in the future!
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2017, 07:33:37 PM »
I am so sorry that this seller did this to you Marlin. I have to wonder if someone might have told the seller that water color baby sea ponies that are still working are hard to find? The updated listing mentions testing one of them and they worked while another did not. In my opinion the few brushes, ribbons and combs added don't justify the price increase in the lot. They should have honored the Buy it Now price on Ebay.

I hope you get your sea ponies someday.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2017, 07:38:49 PM »
Have you emailed to confront them at all?

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2017, 08:55:24 PM »

I had considered it and held off until you mentioned it just now. So I did. Just musing on the nice price hike on esty. It predictably stoked a fire, lol!

I've had an email fired back, now informing me that it was her spouse who listed it for her... that it was supposed to be $140, not $40, that she apologised like any normal person would... people make mistakes so get over it... And thanks very much for the neg feedback (she was clearly not very happy about that!).
And that she's now posted on esty because she wanted to 'try it out'.

I'm not going to reply - it's not worth it and I've had my dig. If she'd bothered to explain this possibly legit reason in the first place then she might not have got the neg from me. But she didn't... and giving me no context has simply shot her in the foot whether she's been truthful or not and I'm not backtracking.

She also said she'd learned her lesson not to let anyone do anything for her. Well - good on you lady. I can't be bothered trying to decide whether you're telling porkies or not and now I really don't care. Yep... we all make mistakes. We all learn from them but those with any integrity also honour them or in the very least are a little more honest about it from the beginning. Hope she's learned that too.

As far as I'm concerned it's just plastic, she's been called out on it and got defensive and that's punishment enough. And that's also enough from me :)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 05:59:11 AM »

I had considered it and held off until you mentioned it just now. So I did. Just musing on the nice price hike on esty. It predictably stoked a fire, lol!

I've had an email fired back, now informing me that it was her spouse who listed it for her... that it was supposed to be $140, not $40, that she apologised like any normal person would... people make mistakes so get over it... And thanks very much for the neg feedback (she was clearly not very happy about that!).
And that she's now posted on esty because she wanted to 'try it out'.

I'm not going to reply - it's not worth it and I've had my dig. If she'd bothered to explain this possibly legit reason in the first place then she might not have got the neg from me. But she didn't... and giving me no context has simply shot her in the foot whether she's been truthful or not and I'm not backtracking.

She also said she'd learned her lesson not to let anyone do anything for her. Well - good on you lady. I can't be bothered trying to decide whether you're telling porkies or not and now I really don't care. Yep... we all make mistakes. We all learn from them but those with any integrity also honour them or in the very least are a little more honest about it from the beginning. Hope she's learned that too.

As far as I'm concerned it's just plastic, she's been called out on it and got defensive and that's punishment enough. And that's also enough from me :)

Good on you, Marlin, for finding the humor in it and taking the high road and not responding again. She may be playing the blame game but it's her own fault as you said for placing the blame on someone else for doing her a favor. Some people will never take responsibility for their own actions. Here's hoping you'll find an even better bargain from an honorable seller.

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 12:02:52 PM »
Good on you, Marlin, for finding the humor in it and taking the high road and not responding again. She may be playing the blame game but it's her own fault as you said for placing the blame on someone else for doing her a favor. Some people will never take responsibility for their own actions. Here's hoping you'll find an even better bargain from an honorable seller.

Thank you, bluerose  :hug:

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 02:31:20 AM »
It's a pity that there are people like that out there Marlin and that you had to deal with one of them. You have a great attitude about it however!

I personally don't believe her. She could have offered you that reasonable explanation in the beginning but didn't; so it is more probably a plausible excuse that she has thought up in the mean time. And the fact that she has listed the seaponies for sale on another forum is, for me, further proof that she is well aware that she should have honoured her agreement with you but didn't want to be called out on it by eBay. Because there is nothing much that eBay can do about it in this instance. Sneaky.

I agree with bluerose9978 - you deserve a better bargain from a trustworthy seller! And I think you are right: Karma is waiting in the wings...

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 02:10:09 PM »
Thanks, NightgliderSA :)

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 03:02:47 PM »
Ooooh that is really nasty! :angry:

But that was to be expected after the shady cancelation. I can feel it as if it happened to me. I am so mad! :enraged:

I would still report it to Ebay and give them the link. Also to Etsy, just in case.

I am pretty sure no one will buy it, as many people know about this now.

Should we send him/her a bunch of angry messages? Maybe he will remove the auction as a whole out of shame?

PS: As if those few combs and ribbons suddenly are worth tons to make the price sky rocket???!!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:04:44 PM by Pierlala »
My wish list: Click here!.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal