collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: seller cancelled my order?  (Read 4732 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
seller cancelled my order?
« on: September 01, 2017, 03:41:38 AM »
I suspect there is not a lot I can do about this, but thought I'd put my feelers out anyway (and I apologise as I am sure this type of thing has been discussed before - it's just this is a first for me! :( )

I bought a buy now on ebay. A pretty attractive one - 10 seaponies and their floats. Buy now so paid straight away.  I messaged them to thank them for the auction and that I was looking forward to getting the ponies. They wrote back a friendly reply saying they'd ship the following day. Great, I thought. Then they fired another back asking me to re-confirm my delivery address so they didn't get it wrong when writing it down. I did think that was a bit odd. I obliged and thanked them again.

Later on I get this message from the seller:

"Hi, I apologize for this but I'll have to relist the ponies because I just realized that I forgot to add the accessories, that go with the ponies :(
I'm so sorry again, I want to sell them as a set. And I'll refund you right away."

They did issue a refund straight away but needless to say I'm pretty pissed about it losing the items.  The reason they selected on ebay was "We're sorry to let you know that star.dash22 cancelled your order and mentioned the reason as I'm out of stock or the item is damaged."

I'm leaving that ebay name in just in case this happens to someone else. Their ebay feedback is 100% and doesn't look like they've had problems in the past.

Can they do this? Can I do anything about it?

I am seriously dubious about their reason. Sounds like they realised they probably could have got more by listing separately or something. I think they should have honoured the sale but then again, I'm just principled and their actions just seem really shallow :(

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: seller cancelled my order?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 05:35:45 AM »
I almost wonder if they got other offers or were looking at past auctions? But I would go ahead and let eBay know of their shady practices because they are supposed to honor the buy it know with or without accessories. That means that if they forgot to list it with accessories that they should just include the accessories at no extra charge IMO.

I have been selling on eBay for years and I have never pulled out of a sale and the only reason I would is if I find that the pony I was about to ship off had some new damage that wasn't mentioned in the auction/BIN.

I'm not sure, but you still may be able to leave feedback for them. But as I said before, I would notify eBay.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:50:38 AM »
So sorry this happened. :(  I agree with Bluerose to let eBay know if you are able to do so.  Not that you should have to do this, but do you think you could offer to buy the additional accessories as well for a reasonable price, that way you can get the ponies that are rightfully yours (at the price you paid) and she can sell everything as a set?   I'd also hate it if they are suddenly re-listed at an inflated price.  I feel the seller really should honor the BIN as it was listed, since that was the price they chose, and either include the accessories as an extra in your original purchase, or list the accessories separately.  Best of luck and I hope you are able to receive the ponies! 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:23:35 AM by Brightglowpony »
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 05:59:55 AM »
I also agree with Bluerose. The seller should honor the Buy It Now price and include the accessories at no charge. I think it's also a little shady that the reason they cancelled through Ebay was "Item was damaged/Out of Stock" when that is obviously not true since they said they were going to relist the ponies.

I almost had something similar happen to me earlier this year. I found a lot on Ebay with a hidden gem and when it arrived I received all of the smaller items but not the item that convinced me to buy the lot. I contact the seller who said they would look in to it. They did and then sent me messages saying that item wasn't supposed to be in the lot and how the seller's  partner was angry at them for having to let the gem go for practically nothing.  The seller did honor the auction though and sent me the item in the end.

I hope you get your ponies, I would be really upset if that happened to me.

Ponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 06:54:51 AM »
UGH!  Sorry to hear that, I have updated my Bad Trader List
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 10:44:54 AM »
I don't think that was a good reason for cancelling an order either. I wonder what was really behind it? If that had been their true reason why did they not offer to let you buy the accessories first at whatever additional price they had set on them? And what could those accessories be exactly? The floats were already included in the lot. Sounds very shady indeed. Good luck in getting it sorted out!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 01:43:54 PM »
Thank you everyone for your responses and I very much agree. I think there's definitely some seller's regret going on here, but if they are unhappy for what it sold for they should wear it (I know that sounds harsh, but it does pay to do research before you sell). It would only be professional to honour the sale.

I've had a good sniff around ebay to go about reporting it but they don't make it easy. I did find a way to leave feedback though, so I did   :rain:  Rather disappointing situation on the whole. As ever in leaving a neg feedback I feel a bit icky inside, but the seller pulling out of the sale like this is very uncool.

And what could those accessories be exactly? The floats were already included in the lot. Sounds very shady indeed. Good luck in getting it sorted out!

My guess is maybe ribbons and combs, since each pony already came with its float. That's if the seller does actually have them. Have to admit it certainly would have been an impressive lot if all that was included  :|

I'm glad you got your hidden gem, Ponyfan - better luck than me, lol! :)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 03:20:58 PM »
Very shady. I'd be curious if they do try to sell them individually at higher prices.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 06:13:46 AM »
Please note this is the first time they have received any feedback for selling from what I can tell.  Is it possible they have never sold before and this was the first time?  This makes me wonder about a lot of things going on with this seller.   I am just suspicious that your feedback is the only seller feedback I found for them.  Most of their feedback comes as a buyer.  This is something I check often when buying on ebay.  I get nervous buying from sellers that have no feedback. I do realize that an account with no seller feedback doesn't mean they don't have experience selling.  They could have sold under another id at one time who knows. I just thought this was an interesting fact to note about them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:16:56 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »
Please note this is the first time they have received any feedback for selling from what I can tell.  Is it possible they have never sold before and this was the first time?  This makes me wonder about a lot of things going on with this seller.   I am just suspicious that your feedback is the only seller feedback I found for them.  Most of their feedback comes as a buyer.  This is something I check often when buying on ebay.  I get nervous buying from sellers that have no feedback. I do realize that an account with no seller feedback doesn't mean they don't have experience selling.  They could have sold under another id at one time who knows. I just thought this was an interesting fact to note about them.

Looking at their eBay profile, I saw 3 other feedbacks besides the OP's for this person as a seller. 2 were within the last 6 months, 1 was from over a year ago.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 01:29:41 PM »
Oh I didn't see them at all.  When I clicked on seller I only saw one.  That is strange. I guess ebay on my end was having glitches this morning.  Good to note!!  Still obviously they do not sell often.

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 09:52:16 PM »
Well, thanks to a kind heads up from a member here, I guess I have confirmation that the seller regretted the buy now price. The exact lot is now up on etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/555415945/my-little-pony-vintage-g1-sea-ponies?ref=hp_rv

There are no 'extra accessories' (that they cited as the reason for cancelling the sale) and the price is now about three times more than the buy now was.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 02:01:40 AM »
That's really low :(
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2017, 05:27:09 AM »
Wow, I really hope no one buys it. Would serve the seller right for lying like that. Maybe they should have done their research ahead of time instead of waiting for someone to buy it. They should have honored it.

Honestly, Marlin, I would be contacting eBay and Etsy with this information. This person shouldn't be selling on these forums with such shady practices.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2017, 05:40:55 AM »
I suspected that was the case.  That is really bad.  I am happy to know their etsy id and their ebay id.  This is one to avoid.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal