collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: It's happening people-book to movie... (Coville)  (Read 1554 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
It's happening people-book to movie... (Coville)
« on: August 31, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
Never thought in a million years that movie studios would run out of ideas.
Well, they have and I'm stoked!

I know there are a few of you around here that enjoy Bruce Coville novels.
I have to admit, I've been FB stalking this author and to just have this show up on my newsfeed was a surprise. I'm just so very out of the media loop now-a-days.

Universal pictures has made a movie adaptation of Aliens ate my Homework (ok, even if it is all CGI I'm buying it). This is my favorite series of books...

But hey, give me William Shatner any day...

Without further ado, click on the link to get your Bill fix!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iY1AsbgU4M
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:04:13 AM by mlp4me »

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: It's happening people-book to movie...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 12:13:49 PM »
Never read this one, but I'm a big fan of his Unicorn Chronicles series (though I never got the last book.. I think it only got one run and there' issues with the publisher, so the book is a bit pricey).

I'll have to keep an eye out for this  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »
*wiggles*  OOOOOH!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 03:46:52 PM »
Never read this one, but I'm a big fan of his Unicorn Chronicles series (though I never got the last book.. I think it only got one run and there' issues with the publisher, so the book is a bit pricey).

I'll have to keep an eye out for this  :)
I only have the first book of the Unicorn Chronicles. Good read though. Before B&N we didn't have a lot of book stores around here besides scholastic book fairs, well, those stopped after I got into middle school. Still not many of his on the shelves at B&N. I'm not a huge online supporter.

I had a handful of books that disappeared when I got my book box back from my dad's house. Goblins was gone and all but Jennifer Murdley's toad of the magic shop books. So I've evilbayed (first time in about 15 years-complete desperation) and amazingly had a local find for some odd anthologies.

Also somehow managed to get two books that were signed via evilbay (and not disclosed by sellers, guess they didn't care)...

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 10:58:15 AM »
Oh my god I loved that series as a kid!  SO going to see it!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »
Man I got excited for a minute thinking you were going to say they're doing The Unicorn Chronicles.
People keep asking Bruce to make them into movies but he says it's out of his hands, it's hollywood's thing.

I've never read this series but I'm glad that Bruce's books are getting attention.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 03:54:17 PM »
holy carp you just found the book series i've been trying to find in foreeverrr -goes try and find the unicorn books online-
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 06:12:26 PM »
I love Bruce Coville's books. Never read Aliens Ate My Homework, but Jennifer Murdly's Toad, Jeremy Thatcher Dragon Hatcher and the Unicorn Chronicles are wonderful.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 09:21:46 AM »
I don't know if it will be in theaters or will end up being direct to DVD/streaming. Hit up the IMDB and oh my gosh, looks like real actors, not all CGI. Just not much has been released yet for details. So much squee!!!!

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 11:10:11 AM »
I don't know if it will be in theaters or will end up being direct to DVD/streaming. Hit up the IMDB and oh my gosh, looks like real actors, not all CGI. Just not much has been released yet for details. So much squee!!!!

My favorite, of course, was Poot. 

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 09:07:40 AM »

My favorite, of course, was Poot. 
Ah yes, living gak. Pooooooooooot.....

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 12:47:02 PM »
O.M.G. Oooooooooooooohhhhhmmmmygod you are KIDDING me. No way. No, are you for real!? This is amazing!!

Bruce Coville has been my favorite author since 5th grade and inspired me to be a children's story writer myself. I own every book he published, and that is... a lot. XD -eyes bookshelf-

I can't believe his wonderful stories are finally getting real attention! They certainly deserve it!

This is just so amazing. I've met him several times--he almost always attends the February writers convention in Boston, called Boskone, and I go every year. He's such a great, funny guy, but talking to him, you can definitely hear the undercurrent of frustration in his voice whenever he talks about publishers/marketing/etc. He has had to deal with a lot of grief getting his books out there. One of his recent books didn't even make it to paperback. His publisher put out a hardcover and then just cancelled the paperback edition. (Not that I'm vilifying publishers--I work in publishing and I know it's a lot of hard choices to make.)

I think the 'My Teacher is an Alien' quartet is a GREAT idea for a movie. The story is just completely amazing and the ending always gives me so many chills! I think it has such an important environmental message without being hamfisted and shoving it down our throats. Coville always understood how to reach children, not preach to children. The most poignant scene in the series, for me, is when the children are trying to tell the aliens that there's no way to feed all the homeless people in the world and the aliens show the children dozens and dozens of storehouses full of food just sitting there.... and the children have to realize some harsh truths about our society... -shiver- I hope that makes it into the movie.

And here's to hoping the big success of this movie leads to more of Coville's books becoming movies! I would definitely kill for a movie of the Unicorn Chronicles! I will be buying several copies of this movie, or seeing it several times in the theater if it gets a theatrical release, to support him!

PS: You should put Coville's name in the subject line so us fans can find out this awesome fact. X3
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: It's happening people-book to movie... (Coville)
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 09:05:42 AM »
O.M.G. Oooooooooooooohhhhhmmmmygod you are KIDDING me. No way. No, are you for real!? This is amazing!!

Bruce Coville has been my favorite author since 5th grade and inspired me to be a children's story writer myself. I own every book he published, and that is... a lot. XD -eyes bookshelf-

I can't believe his wonderful stories are finally getting real attention! They certainly deserve it!

This is just so amazing. I've met him several times--he almost always attends the February writers convention in Boston, called Boskone, and I go every year. He's such a great, funny guy, but talking to him, you can definitely hear the undercurrent of frustration in his voice whenever he talks about publishers/marketing/etc. He has had to deal with a lot of grief getting his books out there. One of his recent books didn't even make it to paperback. His publisher put out a hardcover and then just cancelled the paperback edition. (Not that I'm vilifying publishers--I work in publishing and I know it's a lot of hard choices to make.)

I think the 'My Teacher is an Alien' quartet is a GREAT idea for a movie. The story is just completely amazing and the ending always gives me so many chills! I think it has such an important environmental message without being hamfisted and shoving it down our throats. Coville always understood how to reach children, not preach to children. The most poignant scene in the series, for me, is when the children are trying to tell the aliens that there's no way to feed all the homeless people in the world and the aliens show the children dozens and dozens of storehouses full of food just sitting there.... and the children have to realize some harsh truths about our society... -shiver- I hope that makes it into the movie.

And here's to hoping the big success of this movie leads to more of Coville's books becoming movies! I would definitely kill for a movie of the Unicorn Chronicles! I will be buying several copies of this movie, or seeing it several times in the theater if it gets a theatrical release, to support him!

PS: You should put Coville's name in the subject line so us fans can find out this awesome fact. X3
Geeks a bit that you got to meet him. I had a teacher in 4th grade that just adored him, and was fortunate enough to meet him a few times as well. This was many moons ago...
He hasn't posted much more about the movie, so we'll have to just be along for the ride...

G4 customs 4 sale

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 05:42:54 PM »
I've only ever read the first book in his Unicorn Chronicles series. Given that the only characters whose names I remember 20 years later are the unicorns, I guess it's no surprise that I'm here.  :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 06:02:30 AM »
That's not too surprising since the first book was written like 10 years before books 2 - 4. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal