collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Archive of the FiM subforum?  (Read 6294 times)

Offline FlickaFriend

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Archive of the FiM subforum?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 09:39:09 AM »
Right now they can all still get accessed, but I understand that some regulars are afraid they might just disappear.

I can't access them...?  Perhaps because I never contributed so don't have any links in 'my posts'?

Presumably they are still "there" but the mods have adjusted permissions so no one can see them anymore?

I'm surprised by how the removal of the subforum has affected me actually.  I am very new to collecting and to the forum but as well as being a very nostalgic and enthusiastic collector of G1, I have been loving watching FiM season one with my children (and alone!) and I'm feeling like maybe that isn't valid anymore? I didn't join any threads in the FiM forum but I liked reading it, and I liked reading it and seeing G1 collectors commenting on the show, and just knowing FiM fans were part of the community.  I feel like the FiM show is unwanted and by extension so are its fans.  I know it's more complicated than that but for example I wonder if people are judging me for my Pinkie Pie avatar? But obviously I understand this is primarily a collector's forum and so the current cartoon is kind of off topic (is that right??).  Confusing!!!!
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2017, 09:56:34 AM »
We aren't going to be removing the discussion of FIM completely, just limiting it to a few threads that can be monitored better. Please be patient while we work on this  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 10:07:11 AM »
Right now they can all still get accessed, but I understand that some regulars are afraid they might just disappear.

I can't access them...?  Perhaps because I never contributed so don't have any links in 'my posts'?

Sorry I didn't think of that. I just wanted to stress that they are still there to see if you can get ahold of a link.

About the judgement thing... I have never encountered this here. I mean... look at my avatar XD

Offline FlickaFriend

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
About the judgement thing... I have never encountered this here. I mean... look at my avatar XD

:drunk: I love your avatar!
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 12:25:29 PM »
Unicorn Man is Best Pony.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 03:05:13 PM »
Such a shame that it was closed down :( It was rather nice to have somewhere to go to talk about the latest FiM episodes

Offline FlickaFriend

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 03:14:35 PM »
We aren't going to be removing the discussion of FIM completely, just limiting it to a few threads that can be monitored better. Please be patient while we work on this  :)

Thanks Bekuno.  Working on my patience skills!
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2017, 07:07:29 PM »

:drunk: I love your avatar!

Unicorn man always makes me smile. Rock on!
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2017, 07:34:55 AM »
*fist pump to the mods*  Y'all work to maintain the best pony community on the 'net IMHO.  :)

I am sure that the FiM section will return and conversations will resume  as soon as you can work out things!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

KahRistAhn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2017, 09:10:02 AM »
Well, I guess I just have to be done with this website now, considering that was really the only sub forum that I came here to read. Quite enjoyed it, too. Closing it down seems a bit extreme and uncool, but alright.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2017, 05:36:29 PM »
Well, I guess I just have to be done with this website now, considering that was really the only sub forum that I came here to read. Quite enjoyed it, too. Closing it down seems a bit extreme and uncool, but alright.

Agreed. Thankfully I just have to wrap up a few swap things before I can move on. Too bad, since I've been here since August 11, 2004. Yes, I've been here for almost one and a half decades, and now I'm moving on. But I don't feel welcome here anymore, and it's obvious certain people in charge don't care about how some of us feel.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2017, 06:06:25 PM »
saw the reason it was taken down, and i'm not really surprised about it. the forum topics did tend to get toxic very very fast. members getting vile with those that didn't agree with them, or being vile about the show itself because it didn't conform to what 'they' wanted. was one of the reasons i barely went on it anymore the hate radiating off threads just put me off.

And yet some of us who just wanted to discuss the show without name-calling and getting pissy are rightfully wondering if our convos are still intact.

oh yeah its more the actions of the few ruined a good thing as happens most often.  its not like they're saying that the Arena is only for G1-G3 discussion only. look at the corral's main page, there are threads of G4 topics. I do hope that in some way the FiM board gets opened back up revamped and stuff but, like I said, I kind of saw and understood why the lock down happened.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 07:35:39 PM »
As far as I know and have seen, if the threads in the subforum were going to be deleted, they would come out and say so; they would not keep repeating the threads will be archived. 
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 09:34:49 PM »

Agreed. Thankfully I just have to wrap up a few swap things before I can move on. Too bad, since I've been here since August 11, 2004. Yes, I've been here for almost one and a half decades, and now I'm moving on. But I don't feel welcome here anymore, and it's obvious certain people in charge don't care about how some of us feel.

I'm sorry, but we've been over this. The vitriol was just too much for us.
It's not the first time we've shut down a forum, I mean, when I shut down the FB group I got death threats. When we shut down the Role Playing forum people were upset, but founded their own little forum and are happy.

It's not that I or WE don't care. It's entirely the opposite. Do I sacrifice my Mods' mental and physical health? The fact that people who have been here since '03 are feeling how you are now? We made a choice and the right one for the Arena as a whole. It might not be your best choice but that's kinda tough, sorry.

The threads are archived, but as the Arena has been having a bit of a tantrum this week, we're having issues with it too.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2017, 04:29:26 AM »
@ Flickafriend, it's been politicised to make it about FIM bashing, but it's really I think about forum etiquette and I think any forum or subforum that caused that amount of bother for the mods would probably wind up in the same situation.

Just as a parallel, we have the unpopular opinions thread on the corral. In this thread everyone is posting all the things they dislike about any generation of MLP. It hasn't been shut down for flaming or incidents because for the most part people are respectful of each other's opinions. I suspect (though am guessing a bit) that the mods hope that by bringing FIM discussion into the main area it will be easier to manage but also that there might be more discussions like the unpopular opinions thread where people say what they think but don't end up arguing about it.

I would like to hope that eventually we'll have a FIM subforum again or something dedicated to MLP media from all generations which would be nicer - but I imagine it won't be until the mods are absolutely satisfied that it won't go nuts again.

Anyone who's been here from the really old days of when G2 was introduced has already experienced a genuinely toxic community divided between those who loved and those who hated G2. There's been absolutely nothing of that level in the Arena either before the FIM forum was closed or since it has been. I don't think this is a generational rift or about G4/FIM because a lot of people who post in the corral also collect G4 or are interested in FIM. It's literally just about a subforum becoming too much work for the mods because of all the people on active moderation.

And if the mods had wanted to eradicate FIM from the Arena, they wouldn't have kept the subforum for 5 years. If they wanted to drive members away, they would have banned them, not kept them on moderation to allow them to continue posting at the mods' expense.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal