collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toy distrabution stinks  (Read 1520 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Toy distrabution stinks
« on: August 27, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »
So I went to my local wall mart, and there are no baby gen 4 sea ponies, not even a shelf tag. The shelf for pony stuff TINY !  The only ones they had were gen 4 as mermaids, Queen Nova both as a large, and as a small brushable. The only play set they had was rainbow dash and the blimp.  No other play sets, and they also had the main six as pirates.....     :enraged: :enraged: :stressed:

NO old waves at all, nothing in clearance, I wish I could find what I want easier. I have no TRU near me, nearest Target is an hour away, and the bus does not even go there.  My Rite Aid, and Wallgreens, both have the paper mask ponies from many waves ago. My work place and big lots, have the ponies with ribbons in the hair, main six only.  I am thinking of having to go though amazon or here to find what I want. 

[moving to PC ~ Kiwi]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:44:04 PM by Kiwi »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Toy distrabution stinks
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »
The distribution in my area is strange too. One of my Targets put out the Baby Sea Ponies early and later had the Twilight Sparkle. Rarity, Applejack and the merponies with the accessories like Rarity's Sea Spa. My Toys R Us is holding back on putting out the movie toys because no one is buying the older stock. One Walmart still has ribbon hair and headband ponies and mostly Pirate G4 stuff.  I had to go to a Toys R Us that is almost 2 hours away to find Princess Skystar and her musical shell.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 08:00:41 AM »
Yeah. I feel like toy distribution gets worse every time I go to the store. Granted I don't really remember what it was like when I was a kid, but I know it wasn't nearly this bad when I started collecting G3s. It is really terrible now!

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Courtz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!
  • Just a struggling artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 03:04:48 PM »
Stores near me are horrible with distribution too. I resort to buying online most of the time. Target and Walmart never stock good stuff near me.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »
At least there's some kind of organised logic in the US distribution in most places in terms of order.

In the UK we have the second set of baby sea ponies but not the first. However the second set all come with helpful leaflets telling you that the pony you just bought isn't out yet, but the ones you can't buy are in stores.

Gotta love Hasbro UK. Always right on the ball.

...In general though I can't complain as all the movie stuff came out here very quickly except that first set of baby seaponies which we are still awaiting.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 04:15:55 PM »
Yeah I've resorted to ordering online (usually hasbro toy shop) for most of what I want.  TRU is over an hour away for me so that's not a regular option but when I do make it out there, they usually have the TRU exclusives that I'm after.  I have two Walmarts and a Shopko nearby but they don't always get the same stock so sometimes I get lucky and find what I want.  Sometimes I have to wait for it to show up randomly at Ross (like the Celestia and Twilight Sparkle with the removable wings that came out forever ago and I'd given up on finding).  Sometimes Ross will get the Target Exclusive sets so I can get those because the nearest one of those is 45 minutes away from me.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 04:19:16 PM »
Walmart is weird when it comes to older stock. Some toy lines they put on clearance while they are on the shelf and other you never see clearance on even though they are older stock. And sometimes they put stuff out on clearance that was never on the shelf in the first place, case in point... one year after the holidays I found some Breyers in clearance and trust me when I say I have never ever seen Breyers on the shelves at the two local Walmarts. Makes me wonder sometimes.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Saphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 04:24:14 PM »
I'm in the us looking to trade wave 1 for wave 2 (I want Crystal pearl and ocean gem) if you are interested (just ponies no shells it keeps the mailing cheap as they fit in a well taped letter envelope

At least there's some kind of organised logic in the US distribution in most places in terms of order.

In the UK we have the second set of baby sea ponies but not the first. However the second set all come with helpful leaflets telling you that the pony you just bought isn't out yet, but the ones you can't buy are in stores.

Gotta love Hasbro UK. Always right on the ball.

...In general though I can't complain as all the movie stuff came out here very quickly except that first set of baby seaponies which we are still awaiting.

Post Merge: November 20, 2017, 04:25:24 PM

So I went to my local wall mart, and there are no baby gen 4 sea ponies, not even a shelf tag. The shelf for pony stuff TINY !  The only ones they had were gen 4 as mermaids, Queen Nova both as a large, and as a small brushable. The only play set they had was rainbow dash and the blimp.  No other play sets, and they also had the main six as pirates.....     :enraged: :enraged: :stressed:

NO old waves at all, nothing in clearance, I wish I could find what I want easier. I have no TRU near me, nearest Target is an hour away, and the bus does not even go there.  My Rite Aid, and Wallgreens, both have the paper mask ponies from many waves ago. My work place and big lots, have the ponies with ribbons in the hair, main six only.  I am thinking of having to go though amazon or here to find what I want. 

[moving to PC ~ Kiwi]

Wal-Mart never has I've seen them at tru and Micheals so I recommend try micheals (yes the arts and crafts store oddly)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 12:30:40 AM »
My Little Pony never does seem to be on clearance here. They must be popular little things. But I was super thrilled yesterday to see the older version G4 blindbags back on the shelves at TRU. Thought I had missed out on them, but no, seems they are back - hooray!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 07:11:05 AM »
I always figured pony wasn't a big mover in my toy stores. Shopkins have overtaken the pony aisle in my TrU, and my Walmart is stuck with old pearly pony waves.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
Times like this remind me of the Pony Finder Forum!  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal