collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone else love the "My Little Pony, My Little Pony" theme?  (Read 1098 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Ever since I became a fan of all generations, I've always loved how they've had this theme song for so long.  Even I, someone who was for the most part introduced to ponies by G4 (my first episode was a G1 episode, but it would take years for me to become a true fan) can't help but have a warm feeling in my heart when I hear the "My Little Pony, My Little Pony" whenever it's played.

I just get a nice nostalgic feeling from it, despite my love of ponies coming in so late.  I can't help but wonder how those who grew up with ponies feel about it.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else love the "My Little Pony, My Little Pony" theme?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 02:12:09 PM »
Yep, I love it. I grew up with G1. I used to watch it before preschool and then later when the reruns aired on Disney after the show had ended. I get the same feeling, a very strong nostalgia.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 02:18:23 PM »
It's my favorite MLP theme. :) my absolute favorite versions are the opening and closing themes to Rescue from Midnight Castle probably because when I was very young I would always watch the video at my grandparents. Hearing "My Little Pony, My Little Pony"  makes me feel happy, nostalgic and excited that the cartoon is starting. I like that they kept the first few notes for the G4 theme.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 02:20:59 PM »
It's cute and I do like it. The new g4 carousel plays it instead of the G4 theme, which is charming. But I like the Tales theme best.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 03:05:25 PM »
I have the G1 My Little Pony tv show opening them song as my default ringtone. Love. It.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »
I have the G1 My Little Pony tv show opening them song as my default ringtone. Love. It.

Ha! I do too!  I did keep it to the instrumental part though.  Just in case my phone ever goes off in an inappropriate situation. :P

This is somewhat off topic but slightly related.  I've been slightly obsessed with the new rebooted Ducktales.  And it kills me the number of commenters under the YouTube videos arguing about which theme is better, the old one or the new one.  They are the exact same song!  All differences between the two are so minor.  In my head I keep thinking these people should try being in a fandom where the main theme has changed drastically 3-4 times already.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 05:32:40 PM »
love it! Such strong nostalgia!

Sunset, that is so true about fandoms freaking out over which is better.. I get frustrated with the Sailor moon fandom carrying on about the 90s US dub, yes they butchered the actual cartoon, but their music was EPIC! I re-watched my favourite episode ever with the new dub and the original Japanese score, and it just wasn't the same. The American score evoked the right emotions in an English-speaking audience, the Japanese music just felt flat to me! The DiC transformations were amazing as well - Jupiter's theme still gives me chills!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 09:18:55 PM »
Such nostalgic feels every time I hear it. Largely because it's about the only thing I remember from the G1 cartoons. My family didn't get the station MLP aired on so I went to my BFFs house to watch. Those were infrequent trips so I only watched a handful of episodes.

Fandom in fighting as to which version was best, see the Transformers fandom fight over G1 vs the live actions films. I love the later because it's what brought me back to Transformers. Do I hate on those who only like G1? No I'm respectful of the franchises roots and the people who like that version.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 09:20:38 PM »
I love it! And I love that the G4 theme starts the same. so much nostalgia

love it! Such strong nostalgia!

Sunset, that is so true about fandoms freaking out over which is better.. I get frustrated with the Sailor moon fandom carrying on about the 90s US dub, yes they butchered the actual cartoon, but their music was EPIC! I re-watched my favourite episode ever with the new dub and the original Japanese score, and it just wasn't the same. The American score evoked the right emotions in an English-speaking audience, the Japanese music just felt flat to me! The DiC transformations were amazing as well - Jupiter's theme still gives me chills!

Yes! I couldn't agree with this more

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 09:36:59 PM »

Ha! I do too!  I did keep it to the instrumental part though.  Just in case my phone ever goes off in an inappropriate situation. :P

This is somewhat off topic but slightly related.  I've been slightly obsessed with the new rebooted Ducktales.  And it kills me the number of commenters under the YouTube videos arguing about which theme is better, the old one or the new one.  They are the exact same song!  All differences between the two are so minor.  In my head I keep thinking these people should try being in a fandom where the main theme has changed drastically 3-4 times already.

I totally got sucker punched with nostalgia hearing the rebooted duck tales theme.

(I personally think the art style kinda blows though)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 09:41:42 PM »
The original theme always takes me back to watching the g1 adverts of little girls brushing their ponies - and me driving my parents nuts asking them to find these toys for me - I always remember that it was a mission for my Dad to find ANY pony (I eventually got Cotton Candy) in the first wave of g1 releases!  :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2017, 05:50:35 AM »
Speaking of ringtones I used to have "Call Upon the Sea Ponies" as mine but couldn't figure how to do it when I got a new phone.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2017, 02:21:48 PM »
Yeah I love it.  :lovey:  It doesn't get old either, because it's different every time, whether it be for tv specials or the movie or commercials.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 02:25:16 PM »
Much prefer the G1 MLP theme to the jazzed up version of today.  Especially the specials with the full chorus and Tammy Anderson signing the lead.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »
I too get a warm, fuzzy nostalgic feeling when I hear the G1 theme song. My favorite is the theme song from Pony Tales show though. I have not been able to figure out how to make it my ringtone :( anyone know how to do that on an iPhone 7?

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal