collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Storing toys in tin boxes?  (Read 447 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Storing toys in tin boxes?
« on: August 27, 2017, 04:06:34 AM »
Hello everybody, lately I've taken a liking to decorative tin boxes (like those Swedish cookie ones!) and I was wondering if it's possible to store toys in them without them suffering any staining or stuff like that.

The toys I talk about are either the flocked kind (Safiras and other flocked blindbag figurines) or the brushable hair kind (Zelfs, ponies (including customs!), Mystic Babies and other unidentifiable toys I find along my trips). I also have Novi Stars and Monster High dolls, but I doubt those fit in there ^^;

Another question, would storing their cards along with them be okay or could that carry additional problems too? My Safiras have a little card with a picture and their name on them, and I'd like to store them alongside them.

If tin boxes aren't secure storage options, could you recommend me othere "pretty" ways to keep my toys safe?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Storing toys in tin boxes?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:08:52 AM »
I think it's a good idea. They'll last longer then cardboard and will look much nicer then plastic.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 09:33:34 AM »
I think just be a bit careful and check on them from time to time: tins can rust inside. That might stain your toys.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:47:10 AM »
I kept my G4s in a cookie tin for a few years and they didn't seem to suffer any ill effects from it!  As long as the tin doesn't get wet and you check on them every once in a while to make sure there's no rust inside it and that the ponies look okay should be fine.  I imagine that just like a storing them in a plastic box, though, you would want to make sure the ponies' plastic can "breath," so maybe don't have the lid on super tight all the time?  That's all I can think of anyway.  Hope this helps!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal