collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So I DID have a G1 pony when I was little! Confirmed!  (Read 514 times)

Offline FlickaFriend

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
So I DID have a G1 pony when I was little! Confirmed!
« on: August 26, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »
When I got interested in MLP again a couple of months ago it was because of a friend my age who has given her G1 collection from her childhood to her daughter who is best friends with my daughter (they're 4 and 5 years old).

I vividly remembered how I'd loved MLP to the point of obsession but I wasn't sure if my memory of owning Blossom(?) was true or just a memory of a fantasy.

Well this weekend I'm visiting my parents and my mum remembers me loving MLP and she remembers I did have a MLP and how I loved it and spent hours brushing its hair and playing with it.  She said she thought it was pink (so cotton candy, I was thinking) but when I showed her a picture of Cotton Candy and of Blossom she said she thought it was Blossom.

So I really did have one!

For some reason this has made me very happy, to know that little-girl-me did get to have a pony after all.

It has been great fun introducing my bemused elderly parents to the cast of Friendship is Magic today with the help of my son (7) and daughter (5). We've played and sung them a couple of Pinkie Pie's songs and my children have described the characters in great depth and got their grandpa to choose his favourite (Rarity!).

There something wonderful about the different pony generations and the generations of my family coming together. My daughter will be getting G1s AND G4s for her birthday next week.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:01:32 PM by FlickaFriend »
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: So I DID have a G1 pony when I was little! Confirmed!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 02:16:57 PM »
Hehe. This made my day. It's wonderful that it wasn't just a dream after all. Happy early birthday to your little one as well! I'm sure she's going to love her new ponies!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »
Such a sweet story! Lovely to see the family bonding over Ponies indeed! And always neat to know you weren't pipedreaming about something!

It sounds like your daughter will have an awesome birthday!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 09:47:55 PM »
Aw what a sweet story! I wonder if you have any photos in your family album with you playing with your pony? Perhaps Blossom was a birthday gift - any chance that someone took photos on the day? That would make it concrete proof!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FlickaFriend

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 02:24:47 PM »
Aw what a sweet story! I wonder if you have any photos in your family album with you playing with your pony? Perhaps Blossom was a birthday gift - any chance that someone took photos on the day? That would make it concrete proof!  :biggrin:

Oh that would be so amazing glitterball! I will try to get my parents to dig out the photo albums next time. How awesome it would be to find a photo like that.
Keeping on cantering on.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal