collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funny or awful ways your ponies have been shipped  (Read 10738 times)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funny or awful ways your ponies have been shipped
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »
fragile items in bubble mailers- flutter pony WEARING her original intact wings was shipped to me loose in a padded envelope. I was absolutely shocked those wings survived.

:shocked: What kind of unearthly beings owed you favours for that to happen?!  Feels like you so much as look sideways at original flutter wings and they snap.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2018, 09:45:30 PM »
Only thing that gave me pause was a G3 in a padded bubble mailer. Yes she had a bit of extra padding but not much. And she was squashed in there. Trying to open that and not cut her was nerve wracking. :blink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2018, 10:42:52 PM »
fragile items in bubble mailers- flutter pony WEARING her original intact wings was shipped to me loose in a padded envelope. I was absolutely shocked those wings survived.

:shocked: What kind of unearthly beings owed you favours for that to happen?!  Feels like you so much as look sideways at original flutter wings and they snap.

To be fair these weren't the first run, thin, tiny tabbed wings. I've seen them broken while still sealed in the original package. 

They were 2nd edition, with the clear rubbery tabs. They still shouldn't have survived, one heavy item dropped on top and they'd have been toast.

and of course, the auction said something along the lines of "You almost NEVER see the wings with these on ebay! RARE! GREAT for a collector!"
I just love when people want fine auction house prices, while providing yard sale service.

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2018, 11:03:29 PM »
Lover reading this thread, what a stories! Sad some got broken or missing pieces though.

The worst shipping methode I received was also a garbage bag wrapped around with tape for a moc G2.. Luckily she did survive her trip without being damaged. Also many boxes for food, cat food or any other grocery items. But as long as the pony is protected I don't mind :)

And once I ordered moc twins jewel and sparkle from Ebay and added to the package was a really good drawing of them, I loved it! I am always happy when sellers try to make an extra effort :)

Offline Pumpkin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Enjoy the little things in life.
    • View Profile
    • Het Kamertje eBay
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2018, 12:40:07 AM »
 :shocked: My stomach just turned after reading this threat. I'm really surprised how "original" they are with packaging. I remember I once bought a Pretty Parlor with box. She used the box as package with brown tape around it. After that I always ask them to please ship it in an other box so nothing will damage. :unsure:

Visite Het Kamertje!

Offline 01mlplover

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2018, 11:44:41 AM »
I just got this in the mail  :blink: :pout:

The second I picked up the box I knew they didn't put any packing materials in there. I took this pic before I even took them out. Turns out they weren't broken, thank god....

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:46:54 AM by 01mlplover »

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2018, 05:49:28 AM »
For me it was a “smoke free home” where the ponys were arriving from and they arrived wrapped in morrisons bags tied up with tape. Nothing separating them either.

You could smell the stale smoke a mile off. A month they spent on the washing line. (Wind rain or shine smoke smell is my one pet peeve of courseni know now i risked damaging the ponys )Thankfully i think it was more the bags than the ponies that smelt but some of it rubbed off on the plastic

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2018, 09:54:42 AM »
This thread is great  :biggrin: Shame to hear about all the broken or damaged stuff, though :(

Can't think of any interesting pony stories but I've had Sylvanians shipped in cereal bar boxes (100% intact, was very confused until I thought to open it :P) and one shipped in an empty Pukka Pie box X) I think I might have had a pizza box too (or at least part of one) but can't remember for sure..

My best one is probably the MOC ponies (?!) which were posted to me in a box which was also full of plush toys. These were not in the auction and the only type of packaging material included, but they were not fastened down and everything was just loose in the box. Fortunately the MOC pony I wanted arrived in the same state the auction advertised. I asked the seller if the plushes got in there by accident but apparently they weren't. I donated them to charity, so hopefully some kid is getting fun out of them now - they were Winnie the Pooh plushes, piglet and so on...

:lol: this story is great! Good to hear the MOC was safe.. how odd though XD I mean, what, bubblewrap not good enough? XDD

By far the strangest has to be a rainbow dash that I won. She was in a cylindrical container, wrapped in paper. Imagine my surprise when I saw the phrase "Aah Bisto" on it (it's a gravy brand). The worst part was that there were still granules inside, and no packaging around her, so she had meaty granules mashed into her hair and already rusted tail  :blink:

:shocked:

I haven't had many horrible experiences thank goodness. The worst was plastic shopping bags used as packing. I hate that.
Funniest is this:

Sorry the picture is terrible. Her cute headress was meant to protect her earring. I very much appreciated the extra care taken but it was just so funny looking!

Heheh she looks like she is about to go out in the rain with her special head scarf!  :biggrin:

Now casting extras for Miss Marple...

:silly:

I've never dealt with anything particularly bad or strange, but I've had to deal with ponies being wrapped in bubble wrap then completely encased in 2-3 layers of packing tape. It always makes for a harrowing experience as I slowly trim away the tape, trying to make a hole to reach the pony through, the whole time I'm mentally screaming "WHERES HER HAIR I'M GONNA CUT HER HAIR I JUST KNOW IT."

THIS, omg. I'm always terrified I'm gonna catch hair or some other tiny breakable part with the scissors..

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2018, 07:26:58 AM »
Sometimes I think "ugh, it's so awful that we can't ship in our own boxes here in Russia and have to buy special marked boxes at the post office". After reading this theme I'm actually glad we can't. I got some stuff shipped to me in a very used plastic bag when I was buying from Ukraine. The most crazy packaging I got was from USA. It wasn't just a cereal box. It was a whole lot of cereal boxes cut and glued together to make a bigger box!
But my own nation is good at bad packaging too. They usually send ponies in our special post office plastic bags. Well, the Chinese post has bubble wrapping build in thier packaging. Ours don't. Guess what happens. Those who actually care what their buyer receives tend to overdo the packaging. I once bought something like 50 blind bag ponies. The package had EACH ONE OF THEM wrapped in a bubble wrap, tape and a zip lock bag! Oh no, the creativity doesn't end here. I've had a seller who cut a zip lock bag to pieces to make smaller bags.

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2018, 08:31:03 AM »
In a black trash bag, in a bag for bread with bread crumbs in it... I mean, I don't mind recycling, you have a good, sturdy, CLEAN cookie/cereal box, go ahead and use it. But, if the box is too soft, dirty, broken... no.

Offline 01mlplover

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2018, 11:46:50 AM »
The bread wrapper with crumbs 🤣 I would never use it but if I did I would make sure all the crumbs are out first.

Offline 01mlplover

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »
Most recent one, non pony related but not a bit of padding in there!  :shocked: Ugh... Im seriously considering leaving neutral feedback over it...  :mad:

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2018, 10:00:36 PM »
I've had a few bad packing incidents unfortunately. This is the worse one: I won an amazing lampshade on eBay and immediately starting planning to make an MLP lamp base to proudly display it. Then the shade arrived, crushed like a Coke can. The seller claimed she couldn't find a box big enough so she took two thin sheets of cardboard and placed one under it and one on top. She wrapped the sides with brown butcher paper. The shade was made of cardboard so it would have been crushed before it even left her post office let alone travel from England to Australia. I still have it but it is so badly creased. I've never seen one for sale since.

Just recently I had a rare MLP cake tin with its box arrive damaged. It was sent in a layer of bubble wrap but no box. I don't know how it happened but the box has rips as well as being crushed. Despite being sent through the eBay GSP (the worst thing to ever happen to eBay), eBay wouldn't refund any of it, claiming that I had to get a refund from the seller and that the box wasn't the item itself. I tried to dispute that I paid for both the cake tin and the box as they are both in the listing. Eventually got £5 refunded from the seller.

I once had a MOC Rockin' Beat Half Note sent from another collector in a bubble mailer not a box. Naturally her bubble was cracked and had a hole in it. Thankfully it was very cheap but I'll never be able to fathom how a fellow collector could do that.

I bought a MLP board game and one G1 bundle. Arrived with both wrapped individually in newspaper with the pony taped to the top of the box instead of both being placed in a box. The pony survived but it turns out that the seller neglected to mention that Parasol has her own name written in marker across her butt like a tramp stamp.

As a seller myself, I once sent a pony in a cat food box but drew a speech bubble coming from the cat on the box that read "I promise this isn't cat food!" The buyer thought it was hilarious. 
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2018, 12:31:07 AM »
Hilarious new addition to the weird pony packaging archives: petites in a specimen sample zip lock bag.

Diagnoses: cute as heck.
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2018, 08:06:30 AM »
Hilarious new addition to the weird pony packaging archives: petites in a specimen sample zip lock bag.

Diagnoses: cute as heck.

That cracks me up. XD. Seller must be in the medical field or medical supply distribution.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal