collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funny or awful ways your ponies have been shipped  (Read 10868 times)

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funny or awful ways your ponies have been shipped
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2018, 07:35:16 PM »
I've never dealt with anything particularly bad or strange, but I've had to deal with ponies being wrapped in bubble wrap then completely encased in 2-3 layers of packing tape. It always makes for a harrowing experience as I slowly trim away the tape, trying to make a hole to reach the pony through, the whole time I'm mentally screaming "WHERES HER HAIR I'M GONNA CUT HER HAIR I JUST KNOW IT."

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2018, 07:53:03 PM »
My personal favorite was an Applause plush shipped in a bubble mailer that was *barely* big enough to fit it.  When I went to the apartment office to pick it up, it had burst open at the bottom.  The pony's legs and part of its rear end were hanging out the bottom of the envelope.  The receptionist gave me the package, and as I left the office I could hear everyone laughing:p

I've gotten various food boxes, including frozen dinners, cereal boxes, and a frozen spinach box.

I once got a box of ponies that made it all the way to my house before giving up completely.  I brought it inside, and suddenly the entire box just fell apart in my hands as soon as I closed the door!  I couldn't believe it.  One second, I had a box of ponies in my hands.  The next second I had a pile of cardboard at my feet, and a bunch of ponies in my hands.  I  never realized that they made self-opening boxes!

I had one seller use "The Weekly World News" as padding.  I loved that! 
http://weeklyworldnews.com/

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2018, 12:57:11 AM »
@goddessofpeep - I feel like with that second box the ponies were all getting together inside to charge down the box flaps Revolt of Paradise Estate style. "LET US OUT!" Lucky it happened there and not before.

Also the plush is hilarious...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2018, 01:30:04 AM »
Alternately I've had some lovely sellers practically gift wrap my ponies for me, so that unboxing them was like having a miniature surprise birthday party for myself.  I always appreciate the sellers who put that extra sweet finishing touch on a parcel, just because they can.  Always nice to meet people who take pride in what they do, even if it's just wrapping a pony!

There's this one ebay seller from Portugal that I buy from sometimes. They always wrap everything so nicely in the box. It seriously does feel like Christmas. Normally tissue paper and a bow inside the shipping bow which is then surrounded by bubble wrap to keep it safe.

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2018, 04:20:25 AM »
Alternately I've had some lovely sellers practically gift wrap my ponies for me, so that unboxing them was like having a miniature surprise birthday party for myself.  I always appreciate the sellers who put that extra sweet finishing touch on a parcel, just because they can.  Always nice to meet people who take pride in what they do, even if it's just wrapping a pony!

There's this one ebay seller from Portugal that I buy from sometimes. They always wrap everything so nicely in the box. It seriously does feel like Christmas. Normally tissue paper and a bow inside the shipping bow which is then surrounded by bubble wrap to keep it safe.

It's so nice when that happens.  I recently purchased a minty Molasses from an Etsy store who is officially now my new favourite pony seller.  Not only was the pony beautifully wrapped, but the seller had hand drawn and coloured a gorgeous portrait and name tag for Molasses, which was really detailed and super cute.  Seller had mad drawing skills and really made her store memorable.  It felt like a much more personal gift as though from a friend, not just a random customer purchase.  Totally adorbs, and I kept the tag to use as a bookmark  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »
I had a pony arrive in a toblerone ice cream box this week. I guess she needed an en route snack, because there was no ice cream in it when she arrived ;)

I didn't know Toblerone made ice cream. I'd eat it too. :icecream:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2018, 07:35:21 PM »
My personal favorite was an Applause plush shipped in a bubble mailer that was *barely* big enough to fit it.  When I went to the apartment office to pick it up, it had burst open at the bottom.  The pony's legs and part of its rear end were hanging out the bottom of the envelope.  The receptionist gave me the package, and as I left the office I could hear everyone laughing:p

I've gotten various food boxes, including frozen dinners, cereal boxes, and a frozen spinach box.

I once got a box of ponies that made it all the way to my house before giving up completely.  I brought it inside, and suddenly the entire box just fell apart in my hands as soon as I closed the door!  I couldn't believe it.  One second, I had a box of ponies in my hands.  The next second I had a pile of cardboard at my feet, and a bunch of ponies in my hands.  I  never realized that they made self-opening boxes!

I had one seller use "The Weekly World News" as padding.  I loved that! 
http://weeklyworldnews.com/

That box one cracked me up.

Offline Cessna 150Chick

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2018, 01:01:57 AM »
Reading this reminds me of when I dispersed a bunch of vintage Breyer horses on eBay. My grandmother had passed and we we're trying to get rid of her stuff. She had a collection of wonderfully soft 100% silk scarves...in the most hideous 70s patterns you can imagine! Yup, they were the perfect size to wrap one precious model in to protect its finish from the dreaded packing material shiny marks. Probably should've sold those scarves as thier own lot, but, eh...the buyers definetely got a surprise!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2018, 04:00:06 AM »
Hmm the usual I guess.. cat food boxes, cereal boxes, ripped envelopes.....
but the funniest two have to be when I bought a few ponies from different sellers  and my hubby paid for them on his account... so they came addressed to my hubby instead of me  :P   the first was wrapped in a waterproof bright pink bubble mailer , and the second one came addressed to him in a  pastel pink box with pictures of fairies and princesses on :snicker:  :lmao:
 I told another collector on here (a friend) that I was going to post him some ponies in this particular box and sent him a pic and he nearly freaked out in panic at the thought that the ponies were turning up at his apartment addressed to him in *that* box. I'll admit it was a bit of an evil joke - I did have to tell him I was only joking to put him out of his misery lol - just UK sense of humor I guess :silly:  :good:  :angel:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2018, 04:08:27 AM »
Maybe I'm more evil, but I probably would have sent it. >.> Packaging is just packaging right? :angel:

@LAW - I didn't know either, but now I have a new ice cream to look up come the summer!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2018, 04:23:49 AM »
Maybe I'm more evil, but I probably would have sent it. >.> Packaging is just packaging right? :angel:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

well.... I did add an extra pink ribbon tied around it first as well before showing him the pic of what he thought was his pony parcel from me.....  and then laughed and laughed at his reaction
 :whistle: .... he would totally have got me back though if I'd actually sent it :P

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
Jammed tightly into a box - deformed ponies, potential smears or rubs.

wrapped in newspaper - yay ink transfer

shipped damp, or with residual water inside- horrible, covered in mildew, stained, steamy. will not describe smell. 0/10

tossed into a box, tiny pieces and all- legitimately, there was one incident where the piece I had really wanted slipped out of the box flap. :( I had hoped it was before it left the sellers house, in the event she found it kicking around. alas, it was not. I kindly let her know we typically secure tiny pieces inside a zipper style freezer/sandwich bag to avoid this.

fragile items in bubble mailers- flutter pony WEARING her original intact wings was shipped to me loose in a padded envelope. I was absolutely shocked those wings survived.

So, poor sellers. Before I drop any kind of cash on major resale sites, I do inquire how the seller packs items for shipping.
Postage insurance does NOT cover being terrible at wrapping/protecting contents.

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2018, 10:53:43 AM »
The worst was the days when Ebay had no pictures I won MOC sunlight for £6.50! A few days later she arrived in a bubble mailer with no protection at all, amazingly she was still intact and only had a few dents to her bubble!  :shocked:

The best was someone had actually wrapped the mailing box in Christmas wrapping paper, bows and all  :biggrin:

Babydoll~

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2018, 11:58:26 AM »
Hmm the usual I guess.. cat food boxes, cereal boxes, ripped envelopes.....
but the funniest two have to be when I bought a few ponies from different sellers  and my hubby paid for them on his account... so they came addressed to my hubby instead of me  :P   the first was wrapped in a waterproof bright pink bubble mailer , and the second one came addressed to him in a  pastel pink box with pictures of fairies and princesses on :snicker:  :lmao:
 I told another collector on here (a friend) that I was going to post him some ponies in this particular box and sent him a pic and he nearly freaked out in panic at the thought that the ponies were turning up at his apartment addressed to him in *that* box. I'll admit it was a bit of an evil joke - I did have to tell him I was only joking to put him out of his misery lol - just UK sense of humor I guess :silly:  :good:  :angel:

:snicker:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2018, 11:58:59 AM »

@LAW - I didn't know either, but now I have a new ice cream to look up come the summer!

Mmm. I need some now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal