collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funny or awful ways your ponies have been shipped  (Read 10895 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Funny or awful ways your ponies have been shipped
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2018, 07:47:42 AM »
A white pony wrapped in NEWSPAPER!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2018, 08:39:51 AM »
Once I got a pony in a bubble mailer from Europe. The pony was fine... as was the still living maggot crawling across her face XD

Eww nasty!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2018, 11:59:26 AM »
I mainly use plastic bags as packing for my ebay sales, I certainly use tv dinner boxes wrapped in tape together when I run short on regular cardboard to add for extra stability on some items. I can only image the trouble for anyone who has bought lots of ponies from me unwrapping everything :lol: Each pony wrapped in paper towel and in a plastic ziploc, then into the box with shopping bags!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2018, 02:19:11 PM »
I use grocery bags as packing materials sometimes. They’re lightweight and fit nicely around items. I guess I don’t really consider it strange. I thought the idea was awesome after I got my first package shipped that way. I’m like why did I think of this before!?  :lol:

Just be careful not to put any printed bags directly in contact with a pony.  The ink can transfer especially when subject to temperature extremes, as often happens when shipping stuff.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2018, 03:42:58 PM »
Once I got a pony in a bubble mailer from Europe. The pony was fine... as was the still living maggot crawling across her face XD

Well, at least you got a free animal with your pony..? :lol:

I was fascinated!

How did it survive the trip? And there was nothing else off about the pony or envelope. I don't think it came from the seller, but then where? And how? Mysterious!

Part of me wanted to keep it to see what it turned into, honestly :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2018, 01:42:39 AM »
The best way I ever got a pony shipped to me was when I traded a porcelain AJ here on the arena for a Cherries Jubilee and she came perfectly packaged in bubble wrap -and- lots of delischious taffy filled the rest of the box to the brim!  :biggrin: :heart:

One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2018, 04:31:40 PM »
The most awful way a pony ever arrived was in a padded mailer. The mailman had folded it over to shove it in my mailbox. THERE WAS A G1 SPARKLE BABY MOC INSIDE!!!! And the card/bubble had been pretty close to mint before it was folded in half.  I'll never forget that one, and I haven't been able to find a good one for that price since then. Bought it off ebay a few years ago.

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2018, 05:27:03 PM »
The most awful way a pony ever arrived was in a padded mailer. The mailman had folded it over to shove it in my mailbox. THERE WAS A G1 SPARKLE BABY MOC INSIDE!!!! And the card/bubble had been pretty close to mint before it was folded in half.  I'll never forget that one, and I haven't been able to find a good one for that price since then. Bought it off ebay a few years ago.

Omg! How awful! I bought a rare fashion star filly that just arrived today and she came in a bubble mailer as well. I’ve been getting a lot of those lately and I hold my breath for no broken legs every time I open the package. What made me mad about the one today is I paid $7.50 for priority mail and it came first class at risk of being broken ugh 😑

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2018, 07:26:42 PM »
The best way I ever got a pony shipped to me was when I traded a porcelain AJ here on the arena for a Cherries Jubilee and she came perfectly packaged in bubble wrap -and- lots of delischious taffy filled the rest of the box to the brim!  :biggrin: :heart:

That's awesome!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2018, 09:29:15 PM »
I bought one of the princess capes (the pink one, I think?) from an ebay seller. It came in a bubble envelope. Which the sender. never. SEALED! Seriously, the white peel-away strip was still on it and everything. :shocked: I am so grateful the cape didn't fall out of the envelope during transit! That would have been such an "interesting" conversation via messenger! "Dude, why did you send me an unselaed bubble mailer with nothing in it?" :huh: "Wait, what?" :blink:  :P

The most amusing one I've received was from Nella - complete UK princess Serena with dragon (along with other ponies) - she packed the wand and comb in an empty (clean! plastic!) dip container, with bubble wrap around them so they wouldn't rub/shift on their trip from the Netherlands. The rest of the ponies my sister and I bought from her were each in a bubble-wrap envelope, with more bubble wrap so nopony moved. I seriously want some of those bubble envelopes; the onlys ones I've found here are for CDs and similar. So amused by the dip container, though; I kinda figured what it might be from the veggie pictures on it, but confirmed it with her anyway. It's maybe 3" tall and looks like a miniture sand box bucket with a lid.  ^.^
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2018, 09:23:17 AM »

I had this with a baby sea pony on card sent in a paper envelope (not even bubble mailer) with no packing. Surface mail. From the US. Six weeks later. Yeah. Pony no longer on card. Somehow, card survived. Pony did too. But no longer MOC. So I'm the first and only owner of a beautiful and complete Misty with float, comb, card and ribbon unplayed with...but not a MOC one :( Fortunately I didn't have her loose either at that point, and she hadn't been that expensive, so I dealt with it...but I wasn't very happy. Like you, I still haven't managed to find a decent and inexpensive one in the years since.

Maybe it was the same seller ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2018, 07:02:15 AM »
I'm totally okay with sellers repurposing secondhand boxes or even food boxes so long as the fit is appropriate for the contents and the packaging is clean.  Recycling is something I'll always support! 

Worst experience was from a few years ago when I ordered a G1 pony from somewhere in the US, and the seller has just wrapped it in a plastic bag and duct taped it around the middle a few times and mailed it looking like complete rubbish.  I looked as though it had been fished out of a dumpster.  Thankfully the pony was unharmed, but it was the laziest packaging job I've ever had. 

Alternately I've had some lovely sellers practically gift wrap my ponies for me, so that unboxing them was like having a miniature surprise birthday party for myself.  I always appreciate the sellers who put that extra sweet finishing touch on a parcel, just because they can.  Always nice to meet people who take pride in what they do, even if it's just wrapping a pony! 

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2018, 07:21:03 AM »

That has to be the best packaging for a pony ever!  :)  Always am overjoyed when the porcelains arrive safely.  Over the years I've had several tragedies trying to import the large multi-pony porcelains.  Every time a medium sized box was delivered, I braced myself for the sound of tinkling porcelain.  I heard that dreadful sound frequently, alas  :(  I lost THREE Pony Playhouses which were absolutely destroyed, and Twilight got snapped off my Magical Kingdom :(  I have no idea why Pony Playhouse travelled so badly each time, maybe it was a combination of insufficient padding and just plain bad luck.  I always beg the sellers to double box the porcelains and to pad everything twice as securely as they normally would, especially since I'm an international buyer, but even so they haven't always taken my warnings seriously regarding the fragility of these pieces and so they tend to under pad more often than not.  Often it's been a minor miracle that the ponies arrived intact because the padding was quite flimsy several times.  Finally completed the set (bar the Euro exclusives), and I breathed the biggest sign of relief when I realised I didn't have to deal with the anxiety of shipping these fragile beauties any more!  Too stressful :P

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2018, 09:08:44 AM »
I'm always unhappy when I get wet ponies wrapped in newspaper and colored tissue paper. I've had ponies wrapped in paper towels or no packaging material at all. I've been sent cereal boxes and pizza boxes. I've had ponies wrapped in cellophane and duct tape (and had to get their hair unstuck). People have used plastic bags and brown paper. Fortunately, I haven't had any ponies too damaged en route except the wet ones that were wrapped in colored tissue paper and the so softs that had ink transfer from newspaper.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2018, 11:06:02 AM »
I had a pony arrive in a toblerone ice cream box this week. I guess she needed an en route snack, because there was no ice cream in it when she arrived ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal