collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funny or awful ways your ponies have been shipped  (Read 10769 times)

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funny or awful ways your ponies have been shipped
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 11:03:23 AM »
I may have seen it all today lol. A fantasy filly i bought came in a coffeemaker box wrapped in some kind of mattress cover/liner  :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I thought it was just tissue paper at first but when i started taking it out, it had the seems in the corners  :lol:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »
lol :P at least its nicely padded :P

I once had a G1 baby custom in an empty round yoghurt container o.0 no padding, just the pony lol. I laughed so hard about how the shipping label had been glued on the container :D

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »
Now this thread has been revived, I have another one which was not pony but it was quite odd.

It was when I was living in Japan and I'd bought something small - a book or a PSP game or something like that - from Amazon to be shipped to my Kyoto address. So I expect it to be tiny and fit in my mail slot as others had before.

...Nope. I get a mail left at the depot card. (By the way, dealing with those in Japan is annoying O.o.)

So after I got back from wherever I'd been researching that day, I went to pick it up at the big PO at Kyoto station, thinking it'd be small enough to fit in my bag and I could go get food and then get the bus home.

...It was a very big box. It was a box big enough to fit in three fashion style ponies MIB and still have space. It was a big enough box that I used it to ship home a whole load of my stuff before I moved back to London.

I had to carry that very big box all around the very busy department store chika trying to buy food...at rush hour...and THEN on the bus...at rush hour. And if you've never been on a Japanese bus, they're like regular single decker buses, BUT NARROWER. And they get very full at rush hour.

That was...interesting. Weird. But interesting.

Not pony but still worth sharing?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2018, 11:25:36 AM »
I have had some fantastic shippers over the years  :pout:

First was a huge lot of about 30 ponies, g1, 3 and 4. They were sent in an open bin bag with a bit of tape and poor fluttershy never arrived :cry: I hope someone took her home for their kid (or themselves haha) at least it wasn't one of the g3s. The worst thing is that I found out (after they'd been posted) that the seller was less than 30 mins away, so we could've rescued poor flutters ;(

Second I got some delightfully soggy g1s. It seemed they'd had a bath and then been sent straight away, so they had of dry out all day. Luckily they aren't rusty.

Not exactly a shipping method but I bought some g3s and when I opened the package the smell of mould filled the room  :shocked: one of the ponies actually had mould growing on her too :X they still stink now :(

By far the strangest has to be a rainbow dash that I won. She was in a cylindrical container, wrapped in paper. Imagine my surprise when I saw the phrase "Aah Bisto" on it (it's a gravy brand). The worst part was that there were still granules inside, and no packaging around her, so she had meaty granules mashed into her hair and already rusted tail  :blink:

Mlp sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2018, 11:39:42 AM »
I tend to buy from well-received eBay sellers who seem to know how to ship well, but the weirdest I ever got was a lot of G1 ponies wrapped in newspaper and stuck in a box for wine? Wine glasses? Something like that. I'm amazed the thin cardboard was able to make it to me without any incident.
All the ponies were out in the cold for about two hours, so they were very cold when they came in. It took them a few hours to get back to nice room temperature squishy.
Sunsparkle, molded ponies sounds nasty. And the meaty chunks in the hair... :yikes:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2018, 12:50:25 PM »
Looks like I replied to this thread before :lol:

Love pkw xxx
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:54:39 PM by pinkkittywinks »
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2018, 01:04:10 PM »
Can't remember if it was for ponies (probably for a job lot of vintage jewellery) but the item came in shot-gun cartridge boxes!  :shocked:
I think I bought from that seller more than once as I remember getting at least 2 lots of mail with said boxes!  :lol:

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2018, 01:09:56 PM »
I just recently got the G3 Surf Shop and a couple ponies were included. The seller had placed tape in their hair to keep it in place. Garden Wishes had a yellow residue from the tape all over her leg. Not to mention the Skywishes that came was a different variant than the image showed and she had bite marks on her leg.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2018, 01:22:57 PM »
I had ponies arrive in a cereal box, a tampon box and a Hamburger Helper box :lol: (The ponies were all well packaged)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2018, 05:59:07 PM »
I was waiting for a Little Pretty to arrive, and I was VERY surprised when I received a box about the size of a standard Kleenex box, which said 'Star Wars Trivia Box', and had printed images of the SW characters all over it! I was afraid I received the wrong mail, but nope - my kitty was inside! ;) I also had another mini heart attack, because when I opened her I saw the dreaded NEWSPAPER! :faint: but she was safely protected in a layer of bubblewrap, phew!

I think most of my other shipping complaints are standard, since I think everyone has dealt with the 'received a massive box with loose ponies rattling around inside' issue. :P Sometimes with the added bonus 'also you got charged enough that they should have arrived to you pulled in a carriage by four white horses'! :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2018, 06:20:17 PM »
Can't remember if it was for ponies (probably for a job lot of vintage jewellery) but the item came in shot-gun cartridge boxes!  :shocked:

I am amazed that got through customs without being opened and tampered with. They're really hot at our borders about guns and ammunition and stuff like that because it's so tightly controlled and if the box says it's cartridges then you know they're going to want to check. Especially if it was jewellery in sizes that might look dodgy on the scanner...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2018, 08:32:08 PM »
This thread makes me want to ship things in boxes from Costco or a grocery store. Get a load of ponies in a ground turkey box or a banana box, or a box from a different line of toys

I did get an action figure shipped in a shoebox from the UK once.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:34:28 PM by Khoufu »
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline PoserBeachball

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2018, 06:07:14 AM »
This thread makes me want to ship things in boxes from Costco or a grocery store. Get a load of ponies in a ground turkey box or a banana box, or a box from a different line of toys

It might be a cultural thing - many people in the UK use re-cycled packaging and have done for generations.
As long as the item is carefully packaged within I don't think many people mind - it's often quite amusing to see the mismatch between the original use of the box and it's subsequent re-purposing.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2018, 06:11:33 AM »

It might be a cultural thing - many people in the UK use re-cycled packaging and have done for generations.
As long as the item is carefully packaged within I don't think many people mind - it's often quite amusing to see the mismatch between the original use of the box and it's subsequent re-purposing.

I think it's a global one. I have had recycled boxes from all over the world which I have then reused to send things to other places, probably confusing the buyer in the process xD I currently have a really pretty German box in which I received some wingers and stuff and it has my postage stuff in it. I also love when I get ponies packaged in foreign shopping bags because it's like an unexpected souvenir, which I then send on to the next location ;)

Part of the fun of dealing with the world is that you get unexpected glimpses into the world at the same time as getting ponies :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2018, 06:13:30 AM »
Ponies shipped in a black bag along with dolls.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal