collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies In Progress  (Read 585 times)

Offline whoisashleigh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • Who Is Ashleigh
Ponies In Progress
« on: August 23, 2017, 02:08:35 AM »
Hi everyone! I'm a bit of a lurker usually but thought I'd share a couple of ponies.

As I'm staying at my parents for Spring Break, these are just a mixture of my own childhood ponies, and a couple given to me by my cousin.  The rest of my collection are either in storage or at my apartment.

They all need some serious TLC so I will probably update with more of my collection + these better washed and brushed. I also have a Baby Beachball in the post so I'm hoping she makes the trip OK!

Hope you all enjoy and if you have any clean-up tips I'd be happy to hear them  :)

More images/angles  http://imgur.com/a/VSxTR

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tiny ins g3 Minty, mine from childhood. Box is a little damaged on the sides but otherwise fine. Was also given a Twilight Sparkle but her box is missing.

Gifted from my cousin. G2. Missing one eye gem. Really stained unfortunately.

Starswirl g3 with raincoat - have the other pieces somewhere. Slightly stained lip and her hair is frizzy, but I think she'll clean up very nicely.

Gifted from my cousin, G1 Happy Tails Romper - she's got and odd swipe across her rump under her cutie mark which looks to be the same ink and texture as her cutie mark, so not entirely sure what happened there. Her tail still moves, though!

Romper in action - https://youtu.be/n14Rsa3MLGc

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Ponies In Progress
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 05:09:11 AM »
It's great seeing pictures from childhood and especially hearing the stories as to how they came to you. I am always curious with pre-loved ponies what kind of previous lives they must have had. Some of mine I know their stories and some I don't, but it's always nice to have something that goes back to your own childhood.

I had a couple of those tins once, I think...maybe a Sparkleworks one? They are really pretty but I stopped collecting G3 so I don't think I have them any more. I had forgotten about them till I saw your post :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 08:41:23 PM »
I too love seeing childhood ponies.  And I'm so glad that your happy tails Romper is still going strong :frolic:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 02:41:32 PM »
My childhood ponies are rather well loved looking too, but I would never upgrade them.  They take pride of place in my collection.  Thanks for sharing your childhood friends with us :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal