collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price checking some specific to pony combs (Euro/UK release)  (Read 402 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Price checking some specific to pony combs (Euro/UK release)
« on: August 22, 2017, 03:07:53 PM »
So at the weekend I bought a bunch of combs because I knew I was missing one of them and I couldn't remember which (that is how smart I am >.>).

They're the 1234 combs belonging to the Playschool Babies and the ABC combs belonging to the Schooltime Ponies. I got three of each and it turned out that I was missing Paintingtime's, which fortunately was one of the ones I bought and I've added to my collection now.I have extras of I think Playtime's pink ABC comb, and Musictime's mint green ABC comb unless I decide to keep a loose example, I have hers MOC with the pony. I think I have a spare Musictime in my to wash box as well and may put them together).

I am looking to trade/price all three of the 1234 combs (as it turned out I had a complete set already). The extras are Alphabet, Pictures and Countalot's combs. They're pink, purplish pink and aqua I think. I don't have Schoolbag's yellow one.

I have a Baby Pictures double too so may put the comb with her.

Interested to know current trade/sale value of these either on their own or with ponies.

Also, about Seven Character combs? I seem to have a Melody yellow stereo comb in this lot of combs and I had her as a child so have her comb already. A PC on that would be great too.

I would really like to be trading these for other accessories if possible, but it would be nice to know their rough trade value and if that doesn't work out, their sale value as well :/

Thank you anyone who has input.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price checking some specific to pony combs (Euro/UK release)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:25:07 AM »
Hi people, still need some input on this please..?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:24:31 PM »
I'm not sure about the ABC/123 combs, but the 7 Tales combs are in *very* high demand.  All of them as far as I know, but some might be worth more than others.  I couldn't say which ones are the most popular though.  Patch's backback comb recently sold on ebay for over $100.  It might have been a bidding war, but there are a lot of people who would be happy to participate in a bidding war over those combs.  Sweetheart's comb has also been up recently, and that one went for almost $40.  That's a pretty big difference, but hopefully it should give you some idea of the range.  Check out ebay to see if any more combs come up.  They do sometimes, especially if one went for a whole lot recently like Patch's did.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 12:50:50 PM »
Thanks, that's helpful. I'm somewhat not surprised there's a big range of value with them because the ponies are pretty much the same in terms of price as far as I have seen (not that I have had a double of any for a long time). I would guess Patch's comb would be one of the rarer ones because Patch herself seems to be but it's hard to say. But it's worth knowing that it's worth hanging on to that one for a good accessory trade for a bit unless someone makes me a cash offer I can't refuse.

This is the Melody comb so it's in good condition as you can see.

I am going to put Pictures and Musictime with their combs, I think. Still could use some advice on the loose combs though. And any more specific ideas on Melody's would be great :D

One other thing I forgot to mention before but I also have (Roller) Melody's headset (no waist ribbon). I had it on hold for someone who never got back to me (that was 2 years ago) so I guess I ought to be figuring out a value for that as well.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 02:15:39 PM »
The price differences could be attributed to who's looking for something at the time more than a difference in rarity or overall popularity.  I *think* any comb from that set could bring the big numbers with the right circumstances(though I haven't watched the market closely enough to be 100% sure on that - it is possible that some combs are in more demand than others).  All you need is 2 people who *really* want that one comb and it'll go through the roof.  However, even without two or more excited buyers after the same thing, the Tales combs are surprisingly popular with accessory collectors.  There's some seriously good trade value attached to them, so they're worth keeping around for the right trade.

I think the ABC/123 combs are in less demand.  I see them in lots frequently, and you do see them with their respective ponies often as well.  They're considerably easier to find, and they're not as unique as the Tales combs.  They don't get sold individually much since they're not the big ticket combs, but they do enhance the value of the their pony if sold together.  If I *had* to give them a value, I'd go with $5-$15ish.  I could be way off there, but I personally wouldn't go any higher for one of those.  There is a Nestie Baby ABC/123 comb that's worth much more, but for the most part the ABC/123 combs aren't that in demand. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:24:30 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
I might have the nestie one in box...does it come with the blue baby? Seems familiar.

I am thinking in the same range with the other combs...they are special designs but not exceptionally rare sets in comparison to the others.

Thanks!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal