collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First time pony spa (Posey) PHOTOS NOW WORKING!! (warning: graphic)  (Read 2277 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: First time cleaning a pony (G1 Posey) - so bonding!!! (warning: graphic)
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »
I can't see the photo's either  :(

Kitsunesakura

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 10:51:59 AM »
Wow! You did a great job! Very thorough

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 11:12:08 AM »
She cleaned up very nicely. Congrats. :)
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline FlickaFriend

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »
Thanks so much Kitsunesakura and Leave a Whisper!

NightGliderSA, can you see the photos now? I switched them back to 'public' on Flickr.
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »
Flickr says the photos are no longer available :(

Oh dear, sorry.  I think I've fixed it now.  Thank you for letting me know sd_dreamcrystal.

Could someone please let me know if the photos are appearing OK again now?  They never disappeared for me so I can't test it.

Off topic: The reason I made photos private in Flickr is that my photo of Posey in pieces was "favourited" by a random person and when I had a look at his favourites gallery there were a lot of explicit/offensive images in there.  Goodness only knows what he was doing favouriting dear Posey.  I've blocked him, but not very comfortable on Flickr now.  Think I need to find another imaging hosting service now that Photobucket have changed their policy.

I recommend Imgur. It has options to have have images be private too, but they can still be embedded when private, people just need direct links (and private images cannot be liked). I've never uploaded a photo as public before to Imgur, there's not much of a reason to unless you want to use it as a social media site for some reason.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline FlickaFriend

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 11:36:48 AM »

Off topic: The reason I made photos private in Flickr is that my photo of Posey in pieces was "favourited" by a random person and when I had a look at his favourites gallery there were a lot of explicit/offensive images in there.  Goodness only knows what he was doing favouriting dear Posey.  I've blocked him, but not very comfortable on Flickr now.  Think I need to find another imaging hosting service now that Photobucket have changed their policy.

I recommend Imgur. It has options to have have images be private too, but they can still be embedded when private, people just need direct links (and private images cannot be liked). I've never uploaded a photo as public before to Imgur, there's not much of a reason to unless you want to use it as a social media site for some reason.

Thanks, that's really helpful. I was thinking of trying Imgur next.  I really am not interested in the 'social media' aspect of Flickr but it seems you can't get away from it.  That's really great to know you can embed on 3rd party websites but keep the images private on Imgur. That's what I want.
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 07:48:21 AM »
I got a chuckle out of the 'graphic' warning. :lol:

She cleaned up very nicely; wonderful job!
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 07:15:51 PM »
To answer your question yes. I think it's because we put work into them and feel a sense of love, pride and acomplishment in making them look better.

Pony spa days are one of my favorite things. I love getting beautiful, clean, groomed ponies too, but I also bond with grungy ponies by cleaning them up, even when they're my daughter's.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 11:39:52 PM »
I loved reading about your Posey spa day!
I remember the first time I nervously beheaded a pony (ooh that sounds so creepy) and pulled out a crusty tail and washed out nasty crumbs of grime!

You have done a great job! (Only a few of your photos are showing for me, though) I am sure you now have the spa-bug and that you are itching to make-over another lucky pony!  :lovey: :lovey: :happy: :happy:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 04:44:59 AM »
Half the photos are working but from what I could see you did a great job with her :D
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline FlickaFriend

• View Profile
Re: First time pony spa (Posey) PHOTOS NOW WORKING!! (warning: graphic)
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2017, 01:23:21 PM »
Thanks so much everyone who has joined me in the beginnings of my pony care journey.

The photos are all working now (thanks to imgur) so you can see Cinderella Posey in all her grimey, gorey, glowing glory.

glitterball you're right - I've completely got the pony spa bug now and yesterday it was the turn of Blossom, Baby Blossom, CP Bow-tie and my new pink-haired Posey (but don't worry, Cinderella Posey is still my favourite).

I was slightly disappointed that none of the above required a complete disassembly like Cinders Posey, but Blossom and Baby Blossom (who came together) were absolutely filthy on the outside and virtually changed colour after their bath. CP Bow Tie had two large and completely insane hard lumps of frizz instead of a mane and tail, which I tackled with copious amounts of Pantene (specially purchased for the ponies), lots of patience and straightening irons which can turn down very low.  CP Bow Tie actually has a touch of tail rust so I will be taking her apart some time soon.

I curled their hair with straws and tie tags.  CP Bow Tie's hair still looks a little manic, but in a good G4 Pinkie Pie way, I like to think.

Photos to follow if I get a chance to snap them when my 5-year old daughter is not around (some of the ponies are meant for her birthday present so have to stay hidden).

Edited to add: oooh! now I'm a Fakie!
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2017, 03:36:16 PM »
A present for Cinderposey to cheer her up if she starts feeling insecure ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt65Gg5Yn4E

Someone, one day, will upload a pure version of that song that isn't a reupload of the one from my overplayed and wonky childhood tape, but in this case an imperfect but still pretty song for an imperfect but still pretty Posey seems appropriate...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2017, 10:51:18 PM »
She's gorgeous! Great job! I totally agree, I bond with my ponies too during spa time.

Offline FlickaFriend

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2017, 12:33:01 PM »
A present for Cinderposey to cheer her up if she starts feeling insecure ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt65Gg5Yn4E

Someone, one day, will upload a pure version of that song that isn't a reupload of the one from my overplayed and wonky childhood tape, but in this case an imperfect but still pretty song for an imperfect but still pretty Posey seems appropriate...

Oh too amazing! I love it, and you did a brilliant job with the video clips to match, it really works. Were there no visuals to go with the sung originally? I will watch it with Cinderposey next time we're alone together.

I watched it with my daughter today and she completely loved it too. I have opened the Pandora's box that is FiM with her and I was worried she would no longer be interested in G1 (although not that worried, as then I get to keep the ponies I've bought for her birthday!) but happily that's not the case. We got taking about Lauren Faust and the original ponies who inspired the FiM ponies, including Posey as inspiration for Fluttershy and Majesty as inspiration for Celestia and she is now desperate for a G1 Majesty for her birthday to add to the growing list.

Post Merge: August 23, 2017, 12:43:07 PM

She's gorgeous! Great job! I totally agree, I bond with my ponies too during spa time.

Yay! Thanks so much Shy Violet, and I'm glad to hear you have the same experience  :good:

There should be like a sticky "pony spa photos" thread or something!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:43:07 PM by FlickaFriend »
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »
Can't take the credit ;) song came from my tape but the animated video is, I think, the work of Lady Moondancer :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal