collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Strange things you did to/with your ponies when you were a kid.  (Read 3007 times)

Offline babypowder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • Thanks to Ponyland Press for my adoptable
Most of these I actually thought was a good idea.
Bringing Sea Ponies to the pool.
Cleaning my room and/or the bathroom with ponies. :shocked:
Throwing Scootaloo into a tree. I was trying to get her to fly.
Building a gingerbread house with Minty (ok, this was fun)
Taking ponies to the beach... glad I didn't lose them.
Dropping Twilight from a three story building.  -_-
Taking my ponies sledding.

What weird, strange things did you do with your ponies?
Cutie Marks for Cutie Marks!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Strange things you did to/with your ponies when you were a kid.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 01:23:24 PM »
I taught Masquerade to fly by throwing her across the school playground.

My sister and I hung Sunshine ponies out of the window on shoelaces to make their hair change colour.

I put pencil shavings in Braided Beauty's hair because I believed brushing it out would make the hair shine more.

The boys at our school kept throwing ponies on the school roof and it got ponies banned for a while. We girls were really angry that we got punished for their bad behaviour, and that they did it in the first place, so we got together, chose the unicorns with the hardest horns (Fizzy, Bouquet, Tuneful) and chased the boys, poking them with the unicorn horns as punishment. They ran away and never did it again :D

My sister also managed to drop baby Yoyo down a (thankfully clean) toilet, though I am assured that was an accident (baby pony got sterilised xD).

I also took Sunshower to a pool when I visited with a friend and her mum took us to her Dad's country club (they were a wealthy family >.>).  We also used to take ponies for walks in the winter when we went on family walks. I knitted scarves and legwarmers for them to make sure they didn't get colds. Favourites for those trips were Cherries Jubilee and Snowflake :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 02:26:45 PM »
I used to play with my ponies in the bathtub. Not a good idea in hindsight. And although I never noticed glitter loss with Moonstone, it definitely wasn't a good idea with her glittery symbols.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 05:42:33 PM »
The boys at our school kept throwing ponies on the school roof and it got ponies banned for a while. We girls were really angry that we got punished for their bad behaviour, and that they did it in the first place, so we got together, chose the unicorns with the hardest horns (Fizzy, Bouquet, Tuneful) and chased the boys, poking them with the unicorn horns as punishment. They ran away and never did it again :D

I love this :silly:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »
Haha some sweet things to read here :)

I took my ponies to the pool, beach and bathtub regularly (none got tailrust btw), they followed me into the woods to build our secret base, they went tree climbing with me and much more... I guess I took them almost everywhere. Not to school though. Nobody at my school liked ponies, the girls where more into Barbie :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 10:25:55 PM »

Me too!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 01:14:30 AM »
I had a clothes line in the backyard, and I'd use like a bow string it to launch ponies - specifically the flutter pony Yum Yum - into the air with it.  I was usually very careful with my ponies, but Yum Yum and I had a bit of a history, so if I was going to do anything not nice to a pony it was going to be her.  As an added bonus, her long legs were really easy to grab on to so I could pull the clothes line down really far, and she was particularly compact and aerodynamic, so she'd usually fly*really* high.

Poor Yum Yum still has the rope burns on her belly from her time as a projectile:p

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 03:44:09 AM »

Me too!

Well, we were girls who played My Little Pony vs the Demon Zombie Lord a lot, so they should have known better than to target us. THe sensible boys played with us ;) I still maintain MLP was not a girly toy ;)

I love that story, goddessofpeep. Poor YumYum though xd I bet she's still traumatised from the experience.

One of my baby sea ponies did get mouldy from trips to the bath and the pool - the other one somehow didn't, but Sunshower did have to spend an overnight stay in milton to demould her and she still has a faintly off tinge about her even now ;)

I did forget one other thing that I did and still do, actually, which came up in another thread - I carry my ponies by the tails ;) And always have.

I always think how amazing it would be to ask our ponies what they remember about their time either with us as kids or with other kids before they came to us. I think they'd all have amazing stories to tell.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 04:26:30 AM »
Yum Yum had it coming to her:p

I also used to carry my ponies by their tails.  That was the best way to carry a lot of them all at once!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 05:03:01 AM »
I used to make parachutes for them out of supermarket carrier bags and throw them down the stairs....

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 06:17:09 AM »
I used to make parachutes for them out of supermarket carrier bags and throw them down the stairs....

I wish I had thought of that one O.O. So creative. I feel like the shoelaces were such a mundane idea now ;)

@goddessofpeep, I feel like pony protective services need to get involved here ;) Poor YumYum xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 06:30:03 AM »
Swinging poines around by their tails is a memory that I am not 100% certain I did or watched others do.

I took my perfume puff Sweet Suds in the tub.

Firefly and Medley loved to actually "Fly". We would throw them up in the air as high as we could and catch them.... we weren't baseball players so sometimes we missed. ^.^;
~Foxtale~

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 11:17:41 AM »
I took my ponies absolutely everywhere with me. And on one particular occasion we were on holiday in the mountains when some hikers started a fire high up in one of the mountains. Anyway, it spread all the way down into the campsite and I remember being utterly hysterical until the adults let me go to the cabin and fetch the ponies 'to safety'. They all tried to convince me that my ponies would be safe anyway and I didn't need to worry. But I believed, as I suppose all children would, that they would only truly be safe once I was there to look after them. Especially as I had left them in the cabin only upon being reassured by the previously mentioned adults that the fire would never reach the campsite at all. And then it did. So you see...

Offline FlickaFriend

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 11:33:27 AM »
This topic is fabulous!  I tried carrying a pony by its tail today but it just felt so cruel!

OK, I have a really embarrassing one, which sounds very strange, but I promise you it was completely innocent.  I don't think I actually had a My Little Pony toy as a child although I really wanted one and had pictures of them.  But I did have a Sindy doll (like a British Barbie) and her horse and one day I tried to actually ride the horse.  I didn't squish it I just sort of hovered above it and pretended to be riding it around the carpet.  I don't know if I would have done the same with a My Little Pony, probably not as they were more anthropomorphic and the point was that I just really really wanted my own horse/pony to ride.

Children are so weird  :blink: :biggrin:
Keeping on cantering on.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 12:28:15 PM »
This topic is fabulous!  I tried carrying a pony by its tail today but it just felt so cruel!

Definitely wouldn't try it on Posey as her tail is now not fastened in, but in general it doesn't do any damage to the pony unless you are planning to swing them around madly. In fact I did this sometimes as a kid and most all of my ponies never got loose tails...it is definitely the easiest way to transport ponies en masse from a to b xd.

@NightGlider, of course you had to rescue them!

Lots of people seem to have felt the need to teach/encourage pegasus ponies to fly...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal