collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Problem with Yet Another Seller (Update 8/24)  (Read 2227 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Problem with Yet Another Seller (Update 8/24)
« on: August 15, 2017, 03:31:58 PM »
I bought a nonpony item on 7/20. The next day, the seller provided a tracking#, but all the tracking status says is: "The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier." On 8/2, I emailed the seller to inquire about the item's status. On 8/3, she said she'd checked with the post office and they had no explanation as to why I hadn't received the item or why the tracking hadn't updated. She asked if I wanted a refund or a replacement sent. I suggested waiting another week and seeing if anything changes. On 8/10, I emailed her and advised I still hadn't received the item and would like a refund. After getting no reply, I sent a second message on 8/12.

I still have not gotten any reply so I've just opened a case. It's weird because she has active listings and was quickly responsive when I'd initially emailed her.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 08:57:36 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Yet Another Seller
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 02:36:16 AM »
Yeah, you've done the right thing but odd!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »
Thanks, Loa.

It's been almost two days since I'd opened the case and still no response from the seller regarding the case or the two emails sent prior to creating the case. Weird......

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 02:17:46 AM »
Maybe they had a family emergency, or something bizarre happened in their life? I know the last time I went into hospital I got everything in the mail the day before, but there was a problem with one item not going (it must have been missed in the bottom of the post box) and it sat unscanned for a whole week, and I was in hospital for nearly a week, and then offline for a few more days after that, so by the time I got back online, my buyer was hopping mad, and threatening neg feedback... I chased it up, but by that time, it was on it's way. Oops!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2017, 10:56:48 AM »
Stormness, that's what I've been thinking too. There has still been no response from the seller to the case. If she doesn't respond by Monday, I can ask Ebay to step in. I did notice she received the following feedback from a buyer 3 days ago: "CAUTION: TRACKING # LISTED, PACKAGE NEVER SENT-SELLER NOT RESPONDING TO EMAILS". Other than that one, all other feedback left for her by buyers was before my first refund request.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:59:58 AM by northstar3184 »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 12:36:55 AM »
Is it an ebay tracking number? I know over here they start with 'EBA' if we print the label through ebay. Maybe they've printed the labels but not shipped, or they had what I had happen. It's strange to have a tracking number if they've not shipped, unless they're printing their own. My PO always scans them in, and then puts the barcode on the parcel, because it's easier than unhooking the scanner every time to scan the parcel itself. Another case for going to the post office yourself I guess. We have kiosks now, so you don't even have to wait for an employee at most locations if they're busy, you just weigh it, scan it in yourself, and pop it in the box, and it's in the system.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 12:20:43 PM »
It's a valid USPS tracking #. I just tried putting it into USPS's website directly and here's what the tracking status says:

July 23, 2017, 2:22p.m.: Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

And that's the only status report.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 12:40:59 PM »
It's a valid USPS tracking #. I just tried putting it into USPS's website directly and here's what the tracking status says:

Hmm, so the seller provided you with the tracking number on the 21st but the USPS website says the label was created the 23rd? I wonder why that disparity in dates exists. USPS' fault? Hopefully nothing more sinister.

Like Stormness says, she might have a family emergency going on. It sounds like you're going to have Ebay step in on Monday, which I think makes sense, even if the seller is going through an emergency. As a seller I'd understand, though I wouldn't like it, but that's just how selling on Ebay goes. Since she initially responded to you right away she's probably (hopefully) a decent seller and will understand why you'd get Ebay involved.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »

Hmm, so the seller provided you with the tracking number on the 21st but the USPS website says the label was created the 23rd? I wonder why that disparity in dates exists. USPS' fault? Hopefully nothing more sinister.

Like Stormness says, she might have a family emergency going on. It sounds like you're going to have Ebay step in on Monday, which I think makes sense, even if the seller is going through an emergency. As a seller I'd understand, though I wouldn't like it, but that's just how selling on Ebay goes. Since she initially responded to you right away she's probably (hopefully) a decent seller and will understand why you'd get Ebay involved.

Oops, I'd made a mistake when I said Ebay provided the tracking # on the 21st. Ebay did provide the tracking # on July 23rd as well. I just went back and looked at my Ebay history.

Should I wait longer than Monday for her to respond? I'd assume Ebay would close the case if I don't ask them to intervene within a certain timeframe, although I'd never had to ask them to intervene before.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 11:21:35 AM »
Oops, I'd made a mistake when I said Ebay provided the tracking # on the 21st. Ebay did provide the tracking # on July 23rd as well. I just went back and looked at my Ebay history.

Should I wait longer than Monday for her to respond? I'd assume Ebay would close the case if I don't ask them to intervene within a certain timeframe, although I'd never had to ask them to intervene before.
Hmm . . . when does the case close? I think I'd just wait for the case to close naturally. I believe Ebay will refund you even if the seller doesn't, so if the seller doesn't get back to you (for whatever reason) before the case closed, you should be fine money-wise, at least.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 12:06:31 PM »

Hmm . . . when does the case close? I think I'd just wait for the case to close naturally. I believe Ebay will refund you even if the seller doesn't, so if the seller doesn't get back to you (for whatever reason) before the case closed, you should be fine money-wise, at least.

I got an email today saying I have until September 14th to respond to the case. It says if I don't respond by then, Ebay will assume I've worked the issue out with the seller and the case will be closed.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 12:25:01 PM »
Oh, Sep. 14th, that long, hmm . . . is it an "item not received" case opened through the resolution center?

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 01:44:49 PM »
Oh, Sep. 14th, that long, hmm . . . is it an "item not received" case opened through the resolution center?

Yes. I have no problem with giving her extra time in the event that she's experiencing some sort of emergency that has kept her from her computer. It's only a $10.00 item and I got one from another seller in the meantime.

However, I have periodically checked her activity to see if there's any indication that she's been online: Things like positive feedback being left for items sold after the date of my refund request or Best Offers being accepted on items after that date. So far I haven't seen any such activity though, which only adds to the theory that something happened. There's a couple people who have hit BIN on some of her items, but of course that can still happen if she's indisposed.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:01:31 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
Re: Problem with Yet Another Seller (Update 8/24)
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 09:02:56 PM »
The seller responded to the case today. Their response was odd, but I'm wondering if maybe they're handling multiple cases because it was kind of a generic reply asking if I want another item or credit. I just reiterated that I'd like a refund.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Yet Another Seller (Update 8/24)
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 07:19:14 PM »
The seller responded to the case today. Their response was odd, but I'm wondering if maybe they're handling multiple cases because it was kind of a generic reply asking if I want another item or credit. I just reiterated that I'd like a refund.
Well, at least they responded. Hopefully they'll come through with a refund!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal